New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Encrimson'd review in May 05 Metal Maniacs by cdan on Feb 27,2005 10:34pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by cdan   at Feb 27,2005 10:34pm edited Feb 28,2005 3:43pm
well, this is really for Borne so Vile and Strep Cvnt...and the other 2.5 crimson heads on RTTP!

Encrimson'd - Agrarian Menace

I think it's the hypnotic, barbarian, Transylvanian, schizophrenic insanity of this one that sucked me in, no to mention its utterly bizarre take on black metal in general. As Blut Aus Nord and Leviathan did for me last year, Encrimson'd prove there's always room to move and something new to try. The first thing you'll notice is the drummer's nonstop piledriving snare rolls. The bassist provides warm, rolling undertones for this bloodbath, bubbling like fresh blood just below the surface. The vocals are a BM parallel to Corporate Death's status in the gore-metal scene with lows and highs used equally and at many times simultaneously. The Transylvanian creepiness comes from the high-end/lo-fi belt-sander axe-attack; melodic in a funeralesque fashion and generally cranked out as lightning fast as the snare massacre. This trio pumps out an incredibly interesting 47-minute escapade with an inexorable feeling of imminent doom. Like Agalloch jacked-up a few hundred BPM, this is something you'd surely dig if you fancy Mr. Birk's corpsepaint column and like what he has in display.

...did you see, we're "incredibly interesting"

toggletoggle post by strep_cunt  at Feb 28,2005 1:15pm
I'm glad that it's a good review. It kind of sucks though that not once he mentions your ''brown'' or ''peasant'' take on it. He never mentions the lyrics and how they are written WITH the music.

Looks like you're just gonna have to be explaining yourself a whole lot more. Oh well.

I don't equate ''Transylvanian creepiness'' with Encrimson'd. This band represents a whole spectrum of emotions....he said ''Transylvanian'' TWICE! Better get your capes and fangs.

toggletoggle post by cdan   at Feb 28,2005 1:21pm
haha, yeah, i dont really hear the "imminent feeling of doom" either, I think he meant the "imminent shower of pig shit and mead." but yeah, i'm glad its positive.

new recruits to the peasant poop revolution sign up at http://www.encrimsond.com

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Feb 28,2005 1:30pm
I really enjoyed the CD. I think its got a unique feel, it is definitely dark but I don't think transylvania when I hear it
Mideval metal maybe

toggletoggle post by strep_cunt  at Feb 28,2005 2:55pm
Totally medieval. Totally bottom-of-the-barrel-of-society medieval. Chris, please get me that one-mic demo from winter 98!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 28,2005 3:30pm
cool review!
I think this stuff is incredibly TRIUMPHANT which gives it a different feel than Epic. Easily one of the best BM cds I've ever heard that truely displays musicianship on all levels. Chris we still gotta hook up on some of those discs!

toggletoggle post by litacore nli at Feb 28,2005 3:31pm
TRIUMPH, BLOODSHED, CONQUEST!

toggletoggle post by cdan   at Feb 28,2005 3:36pm
strep_cunt said:
Totally medieval. Totally bottom-of-the-barrel-of-society medieval. Chris, please get me that one-mic demo from winter 98!

yeah, i might post some of the old shit on our site.

josh, I can send come CDs via Darren to the Goratory house? email me.

toggletoggle post by strep_cunt  at Feb 28,2005 3:47pm
mp3's bad. tape good.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Jun 5,2005 11:15pm
I just checked out the mp3s for Encrimson'd! So awesome, made my night!

I know Chris is beast on bass, and it's good to see him in a different context, playing peasant-themed (!) BM.

To all the dudes in Encrimson'd, no shit, I can hook you up with some legitimate mead if you wanna keep it real and keep it peasant. My dad is a mead bootlegger. That's all he does with his life, brewing and selling his mead. He has so many awesome flavors!

Email me if you want some real mead and I'll hook you up with my dad.

anthony_buda@yahoo.com

That goes for any other heathens on this board that want to get down medieval style as well.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Jun 5,2005 11:17pm
ps sorry I didnt make it to the PILLORY show the other night! I really wanted to, but my friend wanted to hang out and he's not too into metal so I didn't want to desert him.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead nli at Jun 6,2005 2:18am
Mead is DISGUSTING. I made the mistake of trying some when we did a midieval feast in college.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jun 6,2005 6:56am
ArrowHead nli said:
Mead is DISGUSTING. I made the mistake of trying some when we did a midieval feast in college.

maybe you just had bad mead? I have had nothing but good mead.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Jun 6,2005 6:57am
me^

toggletoggle post by soloman   at Jun 6,2005 9:54am
luv this album.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jun 7,2005 4:54pm
I FUCKING LOVE ENCRIMSON'D, YOU CAN BUY THIS DISC IN THE ABHORRED DISTRO FOR A VERY VERY REASONABLE PRICE NOW!!!

Yeah Anthony, his bass playing is so fucking great on that, PLUS you can actually HEAR the bass! It's a hell of a concept!!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][8:31:01am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01077 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]