New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> attn bands who are interested in contributing to the RTTP COMPILATION CD(S) post here by succubus on Feb 24,2005 10:24pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 24,2005 10:24pm
post here if you are an interested band
state whether you can donate $$$ price is still tbd...

we need this info so that we can figure out the following: (thanks josh)
how many copies? (seems like at least 1000)
who can get the best price for a "professional" looking product?
how long are all the songs to be entered?
can they be fit to 2 discs?
who will master/normalize it?
do bands even want to pay or as some one suggested some bands do a paid version and everyone else do an indy DIY comp?

toggletoggle post by El Justin at Feb 24,2005 10:29pm
Mucopus is interested, and would donate $

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Feb 24,2005 10:31pm
ps- you get more scene points for the DIY comp, for those keeping track, hehe

toggletoggle post by cdan   at Feb 24,2005 10:35pm
Pillory is down.

for printing the CD, i'm pretty sure Wonderdrug is the way to go, cheap and profesh product. but this would have to move quickly, cause they do like a 4-6 week turnaround i think.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Feb 24,2005 10:36pm
dissector is interested, and depending how much you ask for we'll donate $

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 24,2005 10:37pm
dreaded silence is interested

toggletoggle post by chiefassholeofdww   at Feb 24,2005 10:49pm
dww is down and we already got our song done. we can donate some moola too.

toggletoggle post by Blood-Obsessed   at Feb 24,2005 10:55pm
Blood Obsession will do it!!! Money shouldn't be a problem...

toggletoggle post by Aegathis at Feb 24,2005 11:00pm
I wouldnt mind throwing in one of the coffin birth songs i have on myspace, as of right now though i have no money to donate , and i personally wont for a while.

toggletoggle post by kok still way too cool and nli at Feb 24,2005 11:15pm
hcn yes $ yes

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 24,2005 11:18pm
Hi.

Love,

The Boys of Hand Choke Neck

toggletoggle post by hoser at Feb 24,2005 11:21pm
Dear Carina,

Hi.

Love,

Jake (HCN)

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst at Feb 24,2005 11:21pm
Catalyst would love to contribute. We'd probably want to put "A Miracle by Default" on. It's 3:46 long. I suggest contacting Jason Suecof in Florida for mastering or all things tech-specific. Dude is gold. We'd be willing to kick in with some funds; I'm sure the Reverend won't be purchasing his lavender Cadillac with the proceeds from this.

toggletoggle post by dneirflrigruoydelianI   at Feb 24,2005 11:24pm
... i wish i could be a part of this

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Feb 24,2005 11:26pm
sob are down!

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Feb 24,2005 11:36pm
dreadkill said:
dreaded silence is interested

and willing to contribute some greenback$

toggletoggle post by goratory nli at Feb 24,2005 11:39pm
Goratory is definatley down for this. i'm broke ass but will donate if the price is not ridiculous.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Feb 24,2005 11:43pm
i have some green jesus to chip in, so when is the deadline and how much $ do we all have to pay?

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 25,2005 12:41am
mucopus
pillory
dissector
DWW
Blood obsession
Hand Choke Neck
catylyst
dreaded silence
goratory
shroud

for those keeping track that is 10 bands. awesome start.

as far as who is actualy organizeing this? who knows. but it was more or less my idea and i am willing to be that guy. and im sure i cant do this alone. well maybe i can. whatever.

im still looking around at prices and i have been talking to a few people who have done this sort of thing before for advice and one thing they all tell me is that there should be some copies aimed at newbury comics and catalogues for people who do not attend metal fest or local shows to purchase the product later. i originaly was think 100% non profit strictly promotional oportunity. but with the amount of bands interested it seems feasable to have multiple volumes over the next several months. thus making profit off of the venture lucrative to the idea of future comps that might need less funding from the bands for support. $$$$ fucking sucks. i fucking hate it. since money is a sensitive issue more details need to be arranged and taken into consideration. in an ideal situation we would not want more than $50 per band.

20 bands by 50 bucks would be $1000 for pressing. none for mastering unless we use all mastered tracks and just normalize them to the same volume for pressing. $1000 for 1000 discs with jewel case 2 pg sleeve & tray insert is the best deal i could find without any contact person as anne or joe or dweyer may have.

but then again 20 bands 72 minute cd = most bands need 3:30 second songs on average to fit onto one cd. which means either more than 1 cd or more than one volume.

then how to actually distribute the cds? the bands involved should get x number. the rev should get a few to toss around. several hundred for the metal fest. 1 or 200 for newbury comics and catalogues to fund future comps?

there needs to be more hardcore bands. but many bands like Colin of Arabia dont post here so i might have to send them and email. and they are on bridge9, i dont know if that could get in the way? it shouldnt since its not a HUGE label. and what about bands like invocation of nehek? they are an "rttp" band but on a label. maybe the bigger bands should be asked to be on it? maybe we could get prosthetic to help sponsor this? o wishful thinking i know but whatever works. maybe kids will keep it longer if there are established bands on it?

im rambling/thinking too much. as i gather more info i will put together a final $$ and even write up a contract for use of and rights to certain materials and explaining the cost breakdown including what they need to provide and what they get in return. if bands wanted to submit exclusive material that would be awesome to have songs you cant get anywhere else. the deadline will be set according to the turn around of the duplication service. we want to have these in time for the metal fest April 24th. so April 1st at the latest maybe even earlier depending on the dup service. these details still need to be arranged, but this WILL happen in one way shape form or another.

maybe i should use the caps button when i type sentences?

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Feb 25,2005 1:02am
as i said on the other thread, i can get discounts, help with mastering,
distro and possible layout and even website. also our shortest song is like10 or 12 minutes, so how would that work.

i have connections with superdups and icon onmi media.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Feb 25,2005 1:11am edited Feb 25,2005 1:13am
I can have 1000 raw CDs done for around $500.

1000 jewel cases X .25 = $250.

All we need to do is have booklets and traycards printed.

I believe Tim (PORPHYRIA) and Nate (LEUKORRHEA) work in printing.

toggletoggle post by silky  at Feb 25,2005 1:30am
pray for a plague is down.

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst at Feb 25,2005 2:28am
should this come down to the bartering system, i have a 26 year old peruvian male of dubious health but good for manual labor and eight pounds of the Turkey's finest hashish to offer. will negotiate.

toggletoggle post by cdan   at Feb 25,2005 2:30am
$50 is definitely reasonable. just let me know what we need to do:

chris/Pillory, cdanecek@rcn.com

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Feb 25,2005 3:08am
the_network. will throw some action on there and throw down some luccinni as well.

endtransmission@hotmail.com

toggletoggle post by milkydeathgrind   at Feb 25,2005 4:46am
i can master/normalize everything for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Feb 25,2005 7:00am
Josh_hates_you said:
mucopus
pillory
dissector
DWW
Blood obsession
Hand Choke Neck
catylyst
dreaded silence
goratory
shroud

for those keeping track that is 10 bands. awesome start.

as far as who is actualy organizeing this? who knows. but it was more or less my idea and i am willing to be that guy. and im sure i cant do this alone. well maybe i can. whatever.

im still looking around at prices and i have been talking to a few people who have done this sort of thing before for advice and one thing they all tell me is that there should be some copies aimed at newbury comics and catalogues for people who do not attend metal fest or local shows to purchase the product later. i originaly was think 100% non profit strictly promotional oportunity. but with the amount of bands interested it seems feasable to have multiple volumes over the next several months. thus making profit off of the venture lucrative to the idea of future comps that might need less funding from the bands for support. $$$$ fucking sucks. i fucking hate it. since money is a sensitive issue more details need to be arranged and taken into consideration. in an ideal situation we would not want more than $50 per band.

20 bands by 50 bucks would be $1000 for pressing. none for mastering unless we use all mastered tracks and just normalize them to the same volume for pressing. $1000 for 1000 discs with jewel case 2 pg sleeve & tray insert is the best deal i could find without any contact person as anne or joe or dweyer may have.

but then again 20 bands 72 minute cd = most bands need 3:30 second songs on average to fit onto one cd. which means either more than 1 cd or more than one volume.

then how to actually distribute the cds? the bands involved should get x number. the rev should get a few to toss around. several hundred for the metal fest. 1 or 200 for newbury comics and catalogues to fund future comps?

there needs to be more hardcore bands. but many bands like Colin of Arabia dont post here so i might have to send them and email. and they are on bridge9, i dont know if that could get in the way? it shouldnt since its not a HUGE label. and what about bands like invocation of nehek? they are an "rttp" band but on a label. maybe the bigger bands should be asked to be on it? maybe we could get prosthetic to help sponsor this? o wishful thinking i know but whatever works. maybe kids will keep it longer if there are established bands on it?

im rambling/thinking too much. as i gather more info i will put together a final $$ and even write up a contract for use of and rights to certain materials and explaining the cost breakdown including what they need to provide and what they get in return. if bands wanted to submit exclusive material that would be awesome to have songs you cant get anywhere else. the deadline will be set according to the turn around of the duplication service. we want to have these in time for the metal fest April 24th. so April 1st at the latest maybe even earlier depending on the dup service. these details still need to be arranged, but this WILL happen in one way shape form or another.

maybe i should use the caps button when i type sentences?

ill help ya out organizing, since there aint much else i can do

toggletoggle post by milkydeathgrind   at Feb 25,2005 7:58am
for FREE!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by aterribleguitarist  at Feb 25,2005 8:06am
a terrible night for a curse is down

toggletoggle post by MarkKevorkian  at Feb 25,2005 8:15am
Yes

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole at home at Feb 25,2005 8:43am
RAOV. Ja bird ma?

toggletoggle post by Patnomalous at Feb 25,2005 8:50am
My bass player owns and operates his own Screen Printing Company in RI. He Prints The CD's, prints the covers, Shit, he can do the shrink wrap if be needed. also T-shirts, stickers, bannners, posters and all of it reasonable in price. Bands/RTTP if interested call his shop at (401) 722-4422 at Janelle Printing. his name is Mike

toggletoggle post by Soloman   at Feb 25,2005 9:18am
I design cd layouts and websites for bands. I'll offer to design this for dirt cheap and can guarantee a profesh looking layout. Attention Joshhatesyou, I sent you an email and private message. Write me back if you are interested.

This compilation is a great idea. We just need to get the ball rolling to make sure it is out in time.

\m/ >_< \m/

toggletoggle post by nate   at Feb 25,2005 9:22am
add LEUKORRHEA to it... if anyone needs help with anything I can do whatever needs to be done graphic wise.

toggletoggle post by ThoseNotOnTheAss   at Feb 25,2005 9:30am
Those not on the list would like to be a part of this.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 25,2005 10:01am edited Feb 25,2005 10:07am
im still taking quotes on getting it pressed.

as dweyer suggested we could get 1000 cds pressed for 500.

jewel cases can be obtained for 20 cents a piece

then i need a quote on the printing for the tray insert and the booklet and get it all shrink wrapped.

OR

or i can get 1000 retail ready black and white for $1000
1000 full color cardboard sleeve things for just under $1000

maybe dyingmuse with the "hookup" at superdups could get a lower price.

nate can you get us a price quote on doing the insert trays and the booklet?

pillory
dissector
DWW
Blood obsession
Hand Choke Neck
catylyst
dreaded silence
goratory
shroud
RAOV
leukorrhea
a terrible nite for a curse
the network
those not on the list
kevorkians angels
burn my remains

thats a crazy cd so far. i also though of doing more than one volume. it is way more feasable than a double disc at this time. if enough bands sign up we could release volume 1 and 2 at the same time.

once i get the price worked out i will be writing a contract for this and put everything in writing.

toggletoggle post by Hung_To_Bleed   at Feb 25,2005 10:05am
Burn My Remains is definatly down, the loot is not a problem.

toggletoggle post by Soloman   at Feb 25,2005 10:34am
get in touch dudes. I'll do a sick layout.

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Feb 25,2005 10:36am
Anoxia is down for this.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Feb 25,2005 10:52am
Cryptic Warning is definitely down!

We can give money and can contribute a completely new recorded track from our debut SANITY'S ABERRATION.

toggletoggle post by j of b.o.e at Feb 25,2005 10:59am
we're interested in putting a song on it

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Feb 25,2005 11:07am
you should figure out how many songs you can fit on the cd, then say the first ____ bands to pay the 50 bucks are in. if there are a lot more bands that don't make the cut, then the next _____ to get in the 50 bucks can be on the next volume etc..

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 25,2005 11:16am
wonder drug = $1300 total. includes: jewel cases, 4 pp, tray insert, film, shipping, 3 color printing on disc, shrink wrapped.

dgr = $1010 + shipping. jewel cases, 4pp color out b/w in, tray insert films, 1-5 colors on disc. probably around 1200 after shipping.

raw cds = around 500 plus shipping + jewel cases @ 20 cents ea. (www.allmediaoutlet.com) + the inserts (TBD) + dweyer packaging and wrapping with help of course. probably between 900 - 1000 after all is said and done + shipping

brain fart = if more than 20 bands want on @ $50 per band we could probably make the 2 disc set work but ONLY if we package them ourselves.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 25,2005 11:23am
tbone_r said:
you should figure out how many songs you can fit on the cd, then say the first ____ bands to pay the 50 bucks are in. if there are a lot more bands that don't make the cut, then the next _____ to get in the 50 bucks can be on the next volume etc..

yeah i was thinking that too.... BUT cd = 72 minutes in length = about 3:30 per 20 songs and alot of bands have longer songs. hell shroud has 9 minute songs. if we put on longer songs it means less bands less bands = less money = either less copies or less quality. which leads to the idea of paying for space on the cd by song length (which is kind of a gay idea)

so now if 30 bands get on a 50 per = 1500 = 2 discs little over $1000 for pressing 1000 of each + 25 cent 2 disc jewel cases = 1250 + some for shipping costs = between 1 and 200 for books/inserts. and this means dweyer and i do most of the work it seems. (i need to contact him)

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Feb 25,2005 11:28am
Hekseri would love to contribute a song and $$ to this cause

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 25,2005 11:32am
yeah, what she said

toggletoggle post by PilloryDan@work at Feb 25,2005 11:37am
get in touch dudes. I'll do a sick layout.
Have Soloman do the layout...The kid has skilzs

toggletoggle post by cdan   at Feb 25,2005 11:44am
Josh_hates_you said:
wonder drug = $1300 total. includes: jewel cases, 4 pp, tray insert, film, shipping, 3 color printing on disc, shrink wrapped.

dgr = $1010 + shipping. jewel cases, 4pp color out b/w in, tray insert films, 1-5 colors on disc. probably around 1200 after shipping.

raw cds = around 500 plus shipping + jewel cases @ 20 cents ea. (www.allmediaoutlet.com) + the inserts (TBD) + dweyer packaging and wrapping with help of course. probably between 900 - 1000 after all is said and done + shipping

brain fart = if more than 20 bands want on @ $50 per band we could probably make the 2 disc set work but ONLY if we package them ourselves.

i say go with Wonderdrug, get the whole nice package, skip the hassle of assembly and packaging. $1300, 20 bands, thats $65 per band.

toggletoggle post by cdan   at Feb 25,2005 11:46am
and have Solo do the cover and layout for sure: http://marcos-solo.com/

toggletoggle post by PilloryDan@work at Feb 25,2005 11:48am
So what will be the offcial name for the comp?????

RTTP Sausage Fest Compilation

toggletoggle post by blue  at Feb 25,2005 12:04pm
were down for this shit too.

is it really possible to get this comp ready in less than 2 months though?

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Feb 25,2005 12:12pm
good point, blue...I know we can have our song and cash ready asap, and Josh is one adament mofo!!
So, who exactly will distribute these?
The bands themselves? Rev and Carina? Pathos/Notcommon?

thoughts?

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Feb 25,2005 12:38pm
the nightmare continues can contribute whatever. our drummer works at the aforementioned screenprinting plant in PVD.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 25,2005 12:45pm
I think we'd do it, but I don't know how I feel about further distributing our live material. I'd rather wait until we record.

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at Feb 25,2005 12:47pm
add on The Taste of Silver oh slippery ones.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 25,2005 12:53pm
depending on the turnaround of the cds duplication themselves (2 to 3 weeks for most places) we are looking at a deadline of about 3 weeks to get the songs in and artwork done and laid out and ready to be sent for pressing. my guess is April 1st at the absolute latest and that is hoping that nothing goes wrong sice we all know some of these places make good on their 2 week promise and some do not.

distribution = every band will get up 15 - 20 copies (depending on # of bands) to do as they please. most (3 or 400) will be circulated at this years metal fest (if all goes well and it gets done on time) the remaining should be aimed at newbury comics, relapse thru joe maybe?, armegedon shop and anywhere else we can distribute them. im personaly not interested in profit but any profit, if any would only go towards volume 2.

working title pending rev's ok "New England is Wicked Pissed" vol. 1

toggletoggle post by milkydeathgrind   at Feb 25,2005 12:58pm
Make a ridiculous RTTP street team crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by dreaminginexile   at Feb 25,2005 1:01pm
dyingmuse said:
sob are down!

HELL YEAH!!! We're Definately down for this!

Hails!

-Shroud of Bereavement

toggletoggle post by aliciagrace  at Feb 25,2005 1:11pm
im willing to help anyway possible even though im not good with layouts, i dont have a band, and im poor

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 25,2005 1:19pm
GoatCatalyst said:
We'd be willing to kick in with some funds; I'm sure the Reverend won't be purchasing his lavender Cadillac with the proceeds from this.

this isn't about me.. I won't get any $$ from this.
it's more like helping "rttp" bands... and using the "rttp brand name" on it... I think.

toggletoggle post by whatweaponsbringwarjp   at Feb 25,2005 1:41pm
What Weapons Bring War would def be all about it.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 25,2005 3:14pm edited Feb 25,2005 10:59pm
1.pillory
2.dissector
3.DWW
4.Blood obsession
5.Hand Choke Neck
6.catylyst
7.dreaded silence
8.goratory
9.shroud
10.RAOV
11.leukorrhea
12.a terrible nite for a curse
13.the network
14.those not on the list
15.kevorkians angels
16.burn my remains
17.Raising kubrick
18.the nightmare continues
19.the taste of silver
20.What Weapons Bring War
21. Mucopus
22. Sin of Angels
23. Anoxia
24. Cryptic Warning
25. Hekseri
26. Bane of Existence
27. Death Amphetamine
28. Burden of Liberty

could bands please start figuring out which song they want to put on the comp and list the song length. i need to be able to fit either 20 bands to one cd or 30-35 bands to 2 cds.

keep in mind cd = 74 min divided by 20 songs = 3:30 bands are encouraged to keep songs under 4 minutes. bands with songs over 5 minutes may or may not be subject to an additional fee. to be determined.

also deadline for volume 1 could be as soon as march 18th (3 weeks from today) to insure shipping and pressing for the metal fest april 22nd - 24th

from most quotes so far it's looking like $50 x 30 - 35 bands to make 1000 2 cd sets. maybe even sponsorship from a few labels to have their logo on the back cover opposite the song titles.

more details as i get more pricing info.

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Feb 25,2005 3:16pm
Random Acts of Violence.

toggletoggle post by chiefassholeofdww   at Feb 25,2005 3:18pm
dww's song is 4:55, its already done and ready to be sent to whomever and we'll pay the additional charge or whatever for it being over the 4 minute mark. shoot me an email at pissforblood@gmail.com with all the particulars and we'll get the moola out to ya asap.

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Feb 25,2005 3:24pm
we're going to be recording this weekend.

toggletoggle post by sinofangels-ray  at Feb 25,2005 3:32pm
Sin Of Angels would be Interested

toggletoggle post by Sinislazy at Feb 25,2005 3:54pm
Dreaded Silence's track is about 4:15...song to be determined

toggletoggle post by cdan   at Feb 25,2005 3:58pm
what happened to MUCOPUS?

toggletoggle post by blue nli at Feb 25,2005 4:30pm
well be able to contribute a short on most likely.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 25,2005 4:30pm
ok the best quote so far = i need 32 bands x $50 plus 2-4 spots for records labels or whatever to have an ad/logo.

1000 4 panel 4/1
inserts and traycards
2 x 1000 CDs (1-5 colors)
1000 2CD jewel cases, insertion, polywrap
FedEx Ground shipping

i will be making an official anouncement on the details of where to send songs and money and all that happy horse shit about checks money orders etc. sometime next week. hopefully by wednesday.

i will be writing up a contract to use the materials submitted. the contract will be hosted online for bands to download read/reveiw and sign to be sent in with all submissions.

again the submission deadline will most likely be 3 weeks from today for volume 1 to insure shipping a week before the metal fest. so when official anouncements are made bands are urged to act fast. failure to make deadline will result on being on volume 2.

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Feb 25,2005 5:03pm
DEATHAMPHETAMINE would love to take part in this, I fully support this

awesome idea, and im sure the rest of us would too. I could personally

give like 50 bucks, and I could get other money.

toggletoggle post by Soloman   at Feb 25,2005 5:13pm
mucopus is sick i hope you can squeeze them on still.

toggletoggle post by Otto at Feb 25,2005 5:13pm
Burden Of Liberty would love to be a part of this, $$$ to contribute not an issue.

toggletoggle post by Otto at Feb 25,2005 5:14pm
I can be emailed at bluntfacerecords@hotmail.com

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 25,2005 10:26pm
this is not allowed on the second page.

toggletoggle post by milkydeathgrind   at Feb 25,2005 11:09pm
pfap is retarded and wants to be on this comp.

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Feb 25,2005 11:35pm
the_network's song is about 4 min.

We should really make this thing look really sick though.

I went to wonderdrug awhile back to work on a network/umbrella split cd layout (never worked out), and the owner was kind of a dick. But I think he was just a dick cuz I brought the wrong file type and all this bullshit cuz i dont know what the hell i'm doing with a computer. They do good work though, and I'm sure someone here knows how to work these god damned compubots well enough to get the right files to them.

Wonderdrug is also cool becuase its located locally enough to work with them "hands-on." I say go with them, the_network will pay anything...this is a really good idea and we should bust ass to get them ready asap.

Our recording is all set and has been mastered at westwestside. They master for about $160 per 10 min. of audio but I'm sure we can find something cheaper.

We should call it, "Return to the Pit" (Labels Ante Up!)

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 26,2005 9:59am edited Feb 26,2005 2:59pm
tentative working title "New England is Wicked Pissed" Vol.1

1.pillory ______________4:00
2.dissector
3.DWW_______________4:55
4.Blood obsession
5.Hand Choke Neck
6.catylyst
7.dreaded silence_________4:15
8.goratory
9.shroud
10.RAOV
11.leukorrhea
13.the network____________ 4:00
14.those not on the list
15.kevorkians angels
16.burn my remains
17.Raising kubrick __________3:00
18.the nightmare continues____2:00
19.the taste of silver
21. Mucopus
22. Sin of Angels
23. Anoxia
24. Cryptic Warning__________4:00
25. Hekseri
26. Bane of Existence
27. Death Amphetamine
28. Burden of Liberty
29. Pray for a Plague______________2:00
30. Teratism_desire for the demented_ 3:somethin

Top 2 quotes for pressing are from new england cd (i was refered by a freind who worked with them) and dgr,Inc. (refered by dwyer). 34 bands/songs/spaces. $50 submission per song/space. bands are encouraged to submit songs 4 minutes or less, less prefered to make room, bands submitting songs over 5 minutes may be subject to an additional $25 as space is limited. still need 4 label or other promotional sponsors who will get their logo/image and contact info on all 1000 copies. Each band will get 10 copies of the compilation. 500 copies to be passed out at the metal fest for free promotion. Label sponsors and bands will have exclusive rights to purchase any remaining copies at around $2 or $3.

looks like http://marcos-solo.com/ will be doing the layout for the cd.

cover concepts/ideas still welcome.

Official details to be announced Wednesday as i hope everything is finalized.

toggletoggle post by Robteratism at Feb 26,2005 10:16am
TERATISM is interested and will throw cash
www.massdeath.com

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Feb 26,2005 10:18am
all of our songs are under 2 minutes, so probably a minute and a half.

toggletoggle post by Robteratism at Feb 26,2005 10:22am
man i want on this bad...50$ no problem!!

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole at home at Feb 26,2005 10:43am
Hooker said:
Random Acts of Violence.

Were already on it butthole

toggletoggle post by cdan   at Feb 26,2005 11:01am
Pillory has a song under 4 mins we can use.

good choice about Solo for layout.

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Feb 26,2005 11:01am
our song "desire for the demented" is under 5 min...i think its three somthin..we will do that...

toggletoggle post by milkydeathgrind   at Feb 26,2005 11:02am
whatever song we use would be like 2 minutes max

toggletoggle post by El Justin at Feb 26,2005 11:11am
we're recording next week, we could throw a song from the new cd on thi too

justin0121@hotmail.com for contact info

toggletoggle post by milkydeathgrind   at Feb 26,2005 1:22pm edited Feb 27,2005 9:59am
wow.....i'm fucking bored.....

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Feb 26,2005 1:35pm
I LIKE THAT

toggletoggle post by Otto at Feb 26,2005 1:36pm
hey Bluntface records woudl like to be involed on the lable side, Josh email me and let me know the details, or call me at 603-455-8703. i also need to know when you need the BOL song by, we need to record it so i justw antt o know what time frame i'm dealing with.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 26,2005 1:47pm
deadline is looking like march 18th to insure the cd will be compiled and the art layed out to be shipped to the pressing plant for march 25th at the latest. They promise 10-12 days from the day the art/sample is approved, which takes a few days to process. I am planning on getting these back by april 15th one week before the fest, which is a tight deadline.

If i go with New England CD i can pick up the final product myself in salem NH to avoid shipping fees/delays.

If i go with DGR,Inc. i have to deal with shipping fees and delays to and from marietta, GA.

toggletoggle post by Hung_To_Bleed   at Feb 26,2005 2:11pm
the covah's pissah

toggletoggle post by blue nli at Feb 26,2005 2:27pm
our song will be around the 3 minute mark, were not sure what song were putting on yet, cus were going to be recording in mid march, and we dont know if well have a new recording yet.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Feb 26,2005 2:52pm
Cryptic Warning's song will be around 4 minutes. Not sure which track we'll take from the new album yet, but I have an idea.

toggletoggle post by milkydeathgrind   at Feb 26,2005 3:59pm
so whats the artwork going to be.....anyone???

toggletoggle post by BMRDrums at Feb 26,2005 5:00pm
I forgot my login information but I play drums for Burn My Remains and I think the song we're going to use is in between 3 and 4 minutes. We're going into the studio the second weekend of March which is 1 week before the deadline of the 18th so we'll be cutting it close but it will be in before then. Money isn't an issue we'll give whatever is needed. We just need to know who to cut a check to and who to submit music to.

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Feb 26,2005 6:36pm
DEATHAMPHETAMINE will be using a song from our recording a year ago, because we havent gone in to record our new material yet. the song were going to use is called Politics of Horror, and its 3:37

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Feb 26,2005 7:51pm
we'll be down for that. we're going to record our new cd next weekend and we're looking around at all sorts of packaging/duplication places if we find a good place i'll let you guys know. i figure it's pretty cheap to have inserts made as long as you come up with the design yourself

toggletoggle post by Hung_To_Bleed   at Feb 27,2005 9:00am
politics of horror is a damn good song, Deathamphetamine is great

toggletoggle post by milkydeathgrind   at Feb 27,2005 9:58am edited Feb 27,2005 10:00am
dududududududududududududu.....................

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 27,2005 10:35am
umbrella will. email raisedonfailure@netscape.net

toggletoggle post by rad jackson at Feb 27,2005 12:58pm
CLITORTURE... sign us up!!!!

toggletoggle post by rad jackson at Feb 27,2005 1:01pm
oh, and here's a really affordable pressing joint....

http://www.iconomnimedia.com/

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Feb 27,2005 1:05pm
Hung_To_Bleed said:
politics of horror is a damn good song, Deathamphetamine is great

Thanks for the kind words dude, we hope that is the common feeling. We love to make metal.

toggletoggle post by adam_time   at Feb 27,2005 1:53pm
within the fray would like to be on and help contribute.

withinthefray@yahoo.com

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 27,2005 2:09pm edited Feb 28,2005 5:23pm
2.dissector . un-dead-icated 2:30
4.Blood obsession
5.Hand Choke Neck______3:04
6.catylyst
8.goratory
9.shroud
10.RAOV
11.leukorrhea
14.those not on the list
15.kevorkians angels
16.burn my remains: "Inconcievable Villiany" - > 3:20
19.the taste of silver
21. Mucopus
22. Sin of Angels_____________5:00+
23. Anoxia
25. Hekseri
26. Bane of Existence
27. Death Amphetamine ____________3:37
28. Burden of Liberty
30. Teratism_desire for the demented_ 3:31
31. Sacreligion
32. Umbrella
33. Clitorture
34. Within the Frey
35. life at zero

Sponsored by: Bluntface Records, Not Common Records

This is just a working model and is not a final lineup. Spaces will fill on a first come first serve basis after final details and where to send submissions are posted Wednesday.

Im going to the post office tomorrow to try and set up an additional P.O. Box to send stuff to so my family does not have to sort thru all the submissions.

I'm working on some contract legal formality type stuff as far as song release rights are concerned. I need to run this by some people who might have a little more expertise on the subject.

toggletoggle post by mikeatzero  at Feb 27,2005 3:01pm
OOOH-OOOH What about Life at Zero!!!! we wants in!!!!

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Feb 27,2005 5:32pm
That TERATISM song is 3:31

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Feb 27,2005 5:41pm
I think HCN will submit Banquet in Hell....3:04
ok wit u hoser?

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 28,2005 8:26am
Josh_hates_you said:

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Feb 28,2005 8:35am
for the boe song i wanna put SUBJUGATE or THE APPROCHING on it i have no idea how long either of the songs are at the moment

toggletoggle post by cdan   at Feb 28,2005 9:22am
fuck yeah, umbrella is SICK

toggletoggle post by Hung_To_Bleed   at Feb 28,2005 10:08am
Burn My Remains- "Inconcievable Villiany" - > 3:20

toggletoggle post by sinofangels-ray  at Feb 28,2005 3:34pm
Our songs are about 5 min + is that going to be a real prob just let me know email me at skinnyray1@cox.net

toggletoggle post by strep_cunt  at Feb 28,2005 3:42pm
Witch Tomb would probably be up for this. I"ll have to check with Mike.

as far as CRYOSTASIUM goes, I have a few things in mind. I'll have to check with Alex to see what will be used on what.

The money thing -- possibly. Unemployed at the moment and not succeeding.

toggletoggle post by cdan   at Feb 28,2005 3:46pm
oh yeah, shit and Hirudinea should be all over this. talk to Mike.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 28,2005 3:52pm
well Hekseri's gonna be recording new shit this month so there'll be plenty of metal poop

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Feb 28,2005 4:04pm
We (hekseri) should have a new song to send out very soon

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 28,2005 4:05pm
Josh_hates_you said:

wait... the network have a song that long? whaoh...

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 28,2005 4:13pm
I don't see why Ascendancy and Abhorred wouldn't want to be on this.

toggletoggle post by Blood-Obsessed   at Feb 28,2005 4:23pm
Who do we send an mp3 to???

toggletoggle post by Blood-Obsessed   at Feb 28,2005 4:44pm
How about 2:21...or 2:53?? We still gotta decide which one we want on...

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 28,2005 5:06pm
Blood-Obsessed said:
Who do we send an mp3 to???

their will be no mp3's allowed unless that is all you have. mastered tracks in 24 bit wav. files will be prefered followed by regular 16 bit cd quality original release or cd-r. un mastered tacks are welcome but won't sound as good as mastered tracks. All songs will be normalized to the same volume for the master to go to the pressing plant. They will not be compressed in any way shape or form.

I signed up for a new P.O. box today. I get the number and the key tomorrow. I will be posting final info and submission forms on Wednesday I hope.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Feb 28,2005 5:17pm
dissector un-dead-icated 2:27

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 28,2005 11:46pm
Josh_hates_you said:
Josh_hates_you said:

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 1,2005 2:52am
perils of reasoning wants in. our songs < 3 min.
http://www.myspace.com/perilsofreasoning

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Mar 1,2005 2:30pm
\m/

toggletoggle post by josh suprisingly not at home at Mar 1,2005 4:16pm
got the new mailbox today. post master loved the name aural defecation records.

toggletoggle post by Bradness at Mar 1,2005 4:21pm
CWAF is interested as well
we could have something soon

toggletoggle post by josh suprisingly not at home at Mar 1,2005 4:55pm
http://www.geocities.com/aural_defecation_records

I just made that site today. Just about everything I could think of is outlined here, if anyone sees anything I overlooked please inform me. I will be making slight changes as need be.

toggletoggle post by josh suprisingly not at home at Mar 1,2005 4:58pm
2.dissector . un-dead-icated 2:30
4.Blood obsession _______3:00
5.Hand Choke Neck______3:04
6.catylyst
8.goratory
9.shroud
10.RAOV
11.leukorrhea
14.those not on the list
15.kevorkians angels
16.burn my remains: "Inconcievable Villiany" - > 3:20
19.the taste of silver
21. Mucopus
22. Sin of Angels_____________5:00+
23. Anoxia
25. Hekseri
26. Bane of Existence
27. Death Amphetamine ____________3:37
28. Burden of Liberty
30. Teratism_desire for the demented_ 3:31
31. Sacreligion
32. Umbrella
33. Clitorture
34. Within the Frey
35. life at zero
36. CWAF
37. perils of reasoning_______3:00

If these 37 bands follow thru by march 18th this will be an amazing compilation.

toggletoggle post by josh suprisingly not at home at Mar 1,2005 5:00pm
38. ascendancy
39. abhorred

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Mar 1,2005 5:33pm
our would most likely be just above 5:00.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 1,2005 6:05pm
this disc is going to be boss

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Mar 1,2005 6:19pm
woo guy!

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Mar 1,2005 8:57pm
bump like what.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Mar 1,2005 9:00pm

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Mar 1,2005 9:06pm
when do you need cash for sure add...sorry if this has already been said...cant read it all now!!

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Mar 1,2005 9:08pm
march 18 deadline.

I just posted the site link so people will have a heads up and can notify me if they see anything that should be changed.

I'll make a new thread tomorrow with everything outlined and kill this thread already.

toggletoggle post by milkydeathgrind   at Mar 2,2005 2:51am
i'm glad someone got at least some use out of that design

toggletoggle post by TYAG at Mar 2,2005 9:09am
yeah we're up for this... we can donate some $$$ and a track or two

toggletoggle post by atthehaunted  at Mar 2,2005 11:34am
I think feed us fetus should be on this compilation YA they rock my sox off

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Mar 2,2005 11:36am
http://www.returntothepit.com/view.php?formid=15790 go there instead. this thread has served it purpose.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Icey Celtic Demon
[default homepage] [print][1:32:04am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.08434 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]