New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> my trade is dying by dyingmuse on Feb 23,2005 3:55pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Feb 23,2005 3:55pm
i hate being a bricklayer

noone has work anymore and there just aren't any masons left. i have been laid of for like 3 months aside from small side jobs here and there. i am collecting a mere 167 a week cause i worked off the books most of the year. this blows. i have 1700 in bills a month, im 2 500 truck payments behind, i don't have my rent insurance or band rent....yeah, i'm fucked!

i hate being a bricklayer, and i hate being laid off....so what i'm really saying is.....kill me please!

i'm so fucking stressed out right now!

toggletoggle post by Distrust-Kevin at Feb 23,2005 4:16pm
Arnold is sad. Nobody wants his 90's anymore. He is feeling blue.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 23,2005 4:39pm
come to the cape, whole shit load of brick laying here

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 23,2005 5:00pm
DUDE!
I'm in the sorta in the same boat as you. With Detailing we my boss and I reply deeply on Owner Operator Truckers. Sadly with diesel fuel so fucking high and declining rates which have on average dropped about 20 bucks an hour, more and more truckers are retiring and giving into scabs. Fucking sucks bro, had 3 regular customers retire in the past month due to that shit. To top it off like lots of other trades, the weather effects shit, and this snow is killing us. Rain can fuck up one day and you can work around it but snow fucks up 2 or 3 days and leaves with nothing to work with.
Metal is blue collar music, I fucking love it. Same goes for the musicians.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Feb 23,2005 5:01pm
Do this:
Go into a McDonalds (or any fastfood type place where idiots work). Buy something for a dollar. Pay with a $20.
When you get your change, very quickly swtich the $10 for the $1 that you hid up your sleeve before hand. Count your change in front of the cashier and say "Didn't I give you a $20?"
She'll say, "yes, and I gave you $18 and change back." Show her the $9.00 in your hand. Tell her there must've been a single in the $10 drawer. Give her the single and she'll give you another $10.

This works 99 times out of 100. You can make $8 per scam. If you hit a whole row of fast food places you can make almost $100 in an hour.

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Feb 23,2005 5:10pm
haha nice idea josh.

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Feb 23,2005 5:19pm
you could sell spermy blood

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Feb 23,2005 5:29pm
Josh_Martin said:
Do this:
Go into a McDonalds (or any fastfood type place where idiots work). Buy something for a dollar. Pay with a $20.
When you get your change, very quickly swtich the $10 for the $1 that you hid up your sleeve before hand. Count your change in front of the cashier and say "Didn't I give you a $20?"
She'll say, "yes, and I gave you $18 and change back." Show her the $9.00 in your hand. Tell her there must've been a single in the $10 drawer. Give her the single and she'll give you another $10.

This works 99 times out of 100. You can make $8 per scam. If you hit a whole row of fast food places you can make almost $100 in an hour.

hmmm, i'm doing this

toggletoggle post by pisscup at Feb 23,2005 5:55pm
I like it when I go to a site and see somebody doing the brick thing. You're right, it is dying. It's a shame. Just yesterday the fella that I work with and I were commenting on the same thing.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 23,2005 6:57pm
wait, if less people are doing it, wouldn't there be more work?

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Feb 23,2005 6:59pm
the_reverend said:
wait, if less people are doing it, wouldn't there be more work?

bricks... psssh... who needs bricks for everyday life?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 23,2005 7:00pm
I'm betting the answer is faggots

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Feb 23,2005 7:03pm
i dunno, i was being an ass

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 23,2005 7:27pm
I hear this site's full of them

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 23,2005 7:36pm
asses and tits!

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Feb 23,2005 7:44pm
naw, people are using vinly siding and concrete steel alternitve ways to build....it's killing me. and if you think about it, how many people from my generation do you know that are bricklayer...today, people are lazy as a whole, and people don't want to do hard work. and stock and brick prices are going up so we have to charge more, all of the sudden we are charging crazy money and peeps can't afford it.....sad indeed

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Feb 23,2005 8:48pm
Probably time to find a nother trade Id say, especially considering the free time on your hands DanIm still on the hunt for a job/career where I still have time for music on the side. I've about had it with going to my rinky dink community college and Im on the hunt for a trade school of some sort..

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Feb 23,2005 9:10pm
Bricks are awesome. I want to build my house out of bricks, even my tables and shit so I can pretend I'm Super Mario.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Feb 23,2005 9:11pm
BobNOMAAMRooney nli said:
Bricks are awesome. I want to build my house out of bricks, even my tables and shit so I can pretend I'm Super Mario.

i wanna see you break some with your head

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Feb 23,2005 9:13pm
eddie said:
BobNOMAAMRooney nli said:

i wanna see you break some with your head

I will eat plenty of mushrooms

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Feb 24,2005 12:00am
Josh_Martin said:
Do this:

Don't try that shit on me. I worked in Brockton so long, I've seen that one a million times.

Instead, go into that McDonalds, or Wendy's, or whatever and get an application. Most of those places will hire any retard with full availability to manage their restaurant. Salaries range anywhere from $600-$900 off the street with NO EXPERIENCE. I trained managers for Papa Ginos for a few years, and I really mean NO EXPERIENCE.

I see how easy it is for any dipshit to get a good paying job daily. I work with most of the dipshits, actually. I have no sympathy for the unemployed, the welfared, or those shit-assed bums trying to wash my fucking windshield in southie. Get off my payroll.

toggletoggle post by dread_104  at Feb 24,2005 12:06am
Josh_Martin said:
Do this:

i work a night job at a convenience store, and have gotten people arrested for doing that. you wanna talk about bottom feeders...

toggletoggle post by ricky at Feb 24,2005 8:06am
i know what you mean man i was a welder for a long time and thats a dying trade to god damn robot operated welders

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 24,2005 8:09am
why don't you learn to do vinyl siding?

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Feb 24,2005 12:47pm
vinyl siding is easy

toggletoggle post by ravenousdestruction   at Feb 24,2005 2:37pm edited Feb 24,2005 2:37pm
Josh_Martin said:
Do this:

Tricks like that don't work on experienced cashiers such as myself.

I always leave the money that the customers give me on top of the till until they leave. If the say they gave me something different I have what they gave me right there to show them. If they aruge about it still, I get a supervisor to count the drawer.

I Know all the tricks and I never fall for them.
However there are many cashiers who do. Most of them can't even count up change. If the register doesn't tell them what to give back they are lost. It's sad.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Glazed Vamperotic Fornicator
[default homepage] [print][2:35:47pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.02795 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]