New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Does a lack of art make kids grow up to be wiggers or jocks? by Joe/NotCommon on Feb 21,2005 9:10am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 21,2005 9:10am
Rap music and sports seems to be the lowliest form of entertainment, yet the most popular and fans of both come across as the most one dimensional people ever.

Do you think a lack of art and creativity growing up might be what caused them to like what they are told to like?

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Feb 21,2005 9:14am
I think it's in the Genes. There was probably a little plantation hanky panky back in the day and generations later; we have white black kids.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 21,2005 9:17am
older generations of black people were more artistic though, maybe not so much anymore as a culture, but blues and early r&b?

black culture to me, today, seems like something created by the media...a comical spin off of late 70s and early 80s black urban culture, but for some reason was eaten up by todays urban and suburban black culture, and white suburban culture as of late.

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Feb 21,2005 9:25am
Television and video games...

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 21,2005 9:28am
Television and video games is probably the reason they did not get enough art, to some extent. They replaced imagination.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 21,2005 9:33am
by wigger do you mean White nigger? by dropping the N and adding a W it denotes that said nigger is white not black.

im gonna go call the overly sensitive police nazis to start a thread about how you are a racist against white niggers.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 21,2005 9:34am
might even make a poll about it.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 21,2005 9:35am
then get my wigger friends from the Eminem message board to come here and set us straight.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 21,2005 9:36am
I think I made it clear what I am talking about, I am sure some ignorant moron will use this as grounds to label me more of a racist, but I could care less anymore. I want real discussion here baby!

toggletoggle post by moe_rk at Feb 21,2005 9:45am
oh my god Joe...you're so racist..how could you do this to me, i'm on your label!!

anyway, i have even less tolerance for wiggers than i do for thuggish, ignorant black guys...there are plenty of wiggers here at my school and the funny thing is like 80-90 precent of my school is rich and white

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 21,2005 9:47am
i dont think the problem is rap and sports. its mainstream rap and sports.

kids that like the rap on mtv like nelly or whatever are about as retarded as the kids who like korn or whatever. same with sports.

the kids in the underground hip hop scene are way cooler than the ignorant rap bling bling retards. just as kids into solo unorganized or "alternative" sports ie skateboarding are way cooler cause they are not in a group/team mentality.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 21,2005 9:50am
I also should clarify, though I don't like any rap really, in this thread I am talking about top 40 rap music fans, people who are into underground rap music don't really seem to be total retards like their mainstream counterparts. There are certain patterns people follow, so I know the music someone listens to doesn't necesarilly define who they are, but along with other things you can usually identify what they listen to by who they are.

toggletoggle post by pisscup at Feb 21,2005 9:55am
I don't think it has much to do with a lack of art or creativity. It's all about television, control, and capitalism. yes joe, CAPITALISM.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_Sweatpants_disco   at Feb 21,2005 9:56am
those are really the only people I hate... those thuggish "I obtained my personality by what I saw on mtv" people. I wouldn't say I'm racist, but I can't help but notice that 80% of the black people I meet aged 14-25 act like this. It's annoying.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 21,2005 9:59am
But don't you think that television and those other similiar factors suck out creativity and a desire to learn and be creative? Capitalism thrives when people stop thinking for themselves, and they have created a medium for bringing that about. I suppose just striking at rap music isn't fair, any sort of mindless top 40 music really.

Did anyone notice lately how Green Day is being pushed as such an alternative to top 40 music, like listening to them is some form of a revolt against mainstream society? People really eat up that sort of thing, it's ridiculous.

toggletoggle post by pisscup at Feb 21,2005 10:06am
right, right! when everything is fed to you, your desire to explore and create is diminished.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 21,2005 10:13am
menstrual_Sweatpants_disco said:
those are really the only people I hate... those thuggish "I obtained my personality by what I saw on mtv" people. I wouldn't say I'm racist, but I can't help but notice that 80% of the black people I meet aged 14-25 act like this. It's annoying.

ya but another 90% of white kids 12-25 are acting just like that too! i seriously blame mtv for what is happening to the youth/idiots of today, most kids are rich little snobs and their parents buy all their clothes. it's blows my mind when i'm driving in CAPE COD and i drive by a 12 year old that's 4'8, pants down to his knees and a jacket that would be too big even for me! and it's a 99.9% chance that kid goes home and lives off of trl, rap jam thing, and real world marthons all day long. mainstream is making more and more idiots, but they don't care all they want is the mighty dollar

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 21,2005 10:29am
i think watching alot of cartoons when i was a kid helped inspire my creativity. i'm an artist by trade, and my only hobby is playing in a band, so i'd say i'm pretty creative. i also like sports. i didn't pay much attention to sports when i went to college, because there was too much work and drinking to do, but i have gotten back into sports. i'm not a meathead by any stretch.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 21,2005 10:30am
pisscup said:
right, right! when everything is fed to you, your desire to explore and create is diminished.

i think that is quite true. i also agree about the green day thing. when a band like green day is nominated for every grammy this year, you know mainstream culture is at its lowest point yet.

toggletoggle post by dirteecrayon  at Feb 21,2005 10:38am edited Feb 21,2005 11:31am
http://www.thug4life.org/

so this artist by the name of Tom Sanford, did a project awhile back where he transformed himself into Tupac Shakur. I only bring this up because his entries on Sept. 29th & Sept 23rd seemed relevant to the subject of the thread.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Feb 21,2005 12:51pm
i think the real joke is on the wiggers themselves...them, the goths and the juggalos. they all think they're really cool and/or different, but they're really just sad

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Feb 21,2005 1:57pm
it's all about what white suburbianettes will assume they are rebeling against their parents, a lot of kids i went to school with were wiggers...and i never understood it. but you gotta figure it goes thru every generation. people are going to copy what they think will piss their parents off, until they grow up and realize they're chasing dinosaurs.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][5:23:02am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01361 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]