New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> burzum is cool!!!! ; D by malettey on Feb 21,2005 12:03am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by malettey  at Feb 21,2005 12:03am
i was listening to Burzum "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" in the car today.....i figured i'd make a thread and simply state that Burzum is such a great band....even though its only one guy

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 21,2005 12:04am
ahhh dur!

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 21,2005 12:04am
i listened to burzum all day yesterday and today

toggletoggle post by moe_rk at Feb 21,2005 9:59am
hmm....no

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 21,2005 10:36am
i never got into burzum. i like black metal, but burzum never did it for me.

toggletoggle post by BestialOnslaught  at Feb 21,2005 12:46pm
Brilliant music.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Feb 21,2005 12:47pm
he's a murdering bastard, but an excellent musician

toggletoggle post by metalmatt666 at Feb 21,2005 12:49pm
Hailz to the count

toggletoggle post by Crucifire at Feb 21,2005 1:24pm
I don't think Varg was so much a good musician, rather a pretty creative guy.

toggletoggle post by Crucifire at Feb 21,2005 1:24pm
His metal is much more inspired than the gay shit.

toggletoggle post by Strep Cunt at Feb 21,2005 3:43pm
That's one of my favorite Burzum albums to begin with. I don't care if he was not technically proficient, his ideas are unmatched.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Feb 21,2005 3:44pm
I'd say he's techinically proficient, just not outstanding as an instrumentalist, that Varg

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Feb 21,2005 3:54pm
burzum is a raver

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 21,2005 4:09pm
well I personally believe that this is the greatest black metal album to ever exist.

the almighty dark legions review,
On this album Burzum evolves to a simplicity of rhythmic communication under a dark mood suspended in the ambient tones of distorted guitar. Elements of communication are simple recombinations of pieces of scales, balancing a nihilism of equality of tone with a chaotic will to melody, building each song from progressions of simple riffs that emphasize a pulse in their dominant strokes.

The orchestration of the complex linear expression of an idea behind the emotional mood of the aesthetic of the music distinguishes this album from his others; the artist sets a stage and plays out the story that must echo in his own head, that of the slow decay of a dark character into sadness anger and death.

Of four tracks, three are lengthy (11,8, and 15 minute) minimalist epics of driving technoesque beats and strobing guitar that leaves a passage of time resonating with the entirety of the greater phrase which in its own subtle way shares the fundamentals of each component phrase. If you buy into the emotion of art - or avant-garde extremist performance art like black metal - you will fall into these tracks and be shocked awake when their evocative structures unfold and implode, blooming a wistful moment of both realization and emotion, resignation and resistance.
Emergent ideas project and converge merging with a distant reality as these songs articulate their pain; then into the cold of silence the evil Count drops a sparse ambient keyboard piece of ten minutes called Tomhet, absolute minimalism that portrays dark reflections of a dying age. All songs are both painfully simple and intensely complex, and good - and bad - in an enigmatic afterglow of a falling star.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][9:44:13am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.01798 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]