New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> bassists a question by Heathenking on Feb 19,2005 6:28pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Heathenking  at Feb 19,2005 6:28pm
Do you ever write the music for your band, by playing the bass, I always try it and find it is really hard you only have four strings

and when making up peices do you try to make something flowing and smooth, kinda simple or do you go all out vintersorg style?

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 19,2005 10:45pm
i play drums and writing a song with just a bass player is pretty hard. maybe if we played funk it would be different cause then its all about the bass and drums locking together.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Feb 19,2005 10:46pm
I come up with riffs for the guitarist of whichever band to work with and play around with. But I don't spit out full songs or anything.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 20,2005 1:51am
i write 95% of the lyrics and music for my band. i sit down with the words, and figure out my feel for them, then once i have a feel for the vocal patterning and rythm, the riff usually just flows. i feel that its sorta like building a house. i'm the foundation. the drums set the time, but i'm really what holds the whole thing together. don't get me wrong, i'm not putting down drummers, i am one. but the bass holds the song down more than anything. i am the groove.

toggletoggle post by kriswithak  at Feb 20,2005 11:03am edited Feb 20,2005 11:03am
why do bands even need a bass player they dont do any thing, but f shit up

toggletoggle post by bornsovile in albany at Feb 20,2005 11:06am
i used to write punk songs with my bass. i have a few riffs kicking around for bass. typically i'd write with guitar though, lots of bassplayer/songwriters do that. nowadays i don't reallly write material but try to chirp up when i feel a song is missing something or whatever. bass is interesting.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Feb 20,2005 11:09am
Hard with only 4 strings? Simple solution: Get a 5 string.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][4:45:20pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.02523 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]