New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> BLACK METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Josh_Martin on Feb 17,2005 4:45pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Feb 17,2005 4:45pm

toggletoggle post by intricateprocess   at Feb 17,2005 4:52pm
thats some true black metal

toggletoggle post by Gideon at Feb 17,2005 4:59pm
That is awesome, who is that?

toggletoggle post by intricateprocess   at Feb 17,2005 5:00pm
slayer, duh

toggletoggle post by sever at Feb 17,2005 5:03pm
haha thats awesome

toggletoggle post by Cryptic Anthony at Feb 17,2005 5:05pm
I really want to hear that band.

toggletoggle post by Phil E. at Feb 17,2005 6:45pm
BLACKDEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love how they rip of judas preist Raw deal but make it much more simiple.....i like that band!

toggletoggle post by Phil E. at Feb 17,2005 6:49pm
i had a copy of all thier stuff they recorded (or at least i know of) and some live songs....i need to find that. Boulder do a decent cover of one of thier songs, but forget which one. A friend told me they lived in some ohio getto and after NAM(dont know if the NAM part is true), during which they listened to plenty of early pre heavy metal and eventually getting into priest, they formed BLACKDEATH. They would walk around like that, and the lead singer guitar player would carry his guitar around the getto were ever he went. Black metal is right haha.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 18,2005 9:36am
Oh my GOD, I totally remember them, I was sixteen years old when I last saw that photo, hahaha

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Feb 18,2005 10:11am
Man, if your going to dress like that at all then you damn well better wear that shit all the time.

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Feb 19,2005 1:30am
holy fuck, that's great!!

toggletoggle post by Phil E at Feb 21,2005 4:12pm
BLACK DEATH frontman SIKI SPACKEK has resurfaced and is now fronting a new band called THE LEGEND OF BLACK DEATH MANDRAKE. I saw their first show a couple weeks back it was killer, plenty of BLACK DEATH songs in the set. They're playing again Saturday March 19th with Rue, Don Austin & Tight Whips at the Voodoo in Akron, Ohio.

Also I've heard that a BLACK DEATH x3CD set should come out this summer with the LP and all kinds of unreleased tunes.

Black Death

When it comes to what might have been, no band can top the '80's group Black Death, Cleveland's only all-black heavy metal band.

Says Bill Peters, President of the band's label Auburn Records: I remember driving over to their practice spot in the East 60s and Quincy. You're in the middle of the ghetto and there are all these boom boxes playing rap, and all of a sudden there's this deserted storefront and there's this heavy metal cranking out. And there's four guys dressed in black leather and chains; [singer] Siki Spacek would wear his chains and guitar strapped over his shoulder wherever he went-whether working as a safety patrol guard, or even shopping at Randall Park Mall. He never took that guitar off. He was such a character, he could've been like Dee Snyder [singer in popular heavy metal group Twisted Sister]. But he couldn't keep the band together.

Their biggest problem was finding a replacement if a member quit the band--there just weren't that many black guys in town who could play metal.

toggletoggle post by Phil E at Feb 21,2005 4:13pm
got that info from auburn records.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][1:49:34am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.00976 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]