New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Describe Your Favorite Pit Experience. by RustedAngel on Jun 17,2003 9:43pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jun 17,2003 9:43pm edited Jun 18,2003 6:33pm
Whether it be the worst, or the best?

call me gay, but I had the most fun in a pit during In Flames, 2000.

to describe it... everyone was just having fun, no show offs or egomaniacs..

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Jun 17,2003 9:55pm
at this local show my band played.. there were these kids trying to be cool and r unning around like jackasses... earlier this kid ran into the crownd and knocked down my bestfriend's girl... so when he ran into me i picked him up and tossed him. it was funny.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 17,2003 10:13pm
well, tom you didn't really decribe.. but...
I would say lollapalooza 93 it was basically the first pit I'd ever been in and the crowd went off, I fell down, thought I was going to get trampled, but I got pulled up and had a great time kicking and punch around.

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Jun 17,2003 10:17pm
i like ice cream

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Jun 17,2003 10:28pm
i like the time in framingham when I pulled a chair right up in front of Doug of Existence and he didn't even notice at first
funny stuff

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jun 18,2003 1:02am
I think I was at that In Flames show, I remember seeing a pit that actually looked like fun. I wasn't in it but I was could everyone pitting was actually smiling and enjoying themselves. Never seen that before, haven't seen it since. Tom, who else was on the bill for that show?

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 18,2003 1:40am
anal cunt at the met on haloween 4 years ago. the only kid dancing was some drunk guy who kept running around with some huge grin spitting water at the band. so seth ran down off the stage and pummeled the kid's face inside out. In the process he hit everyone else that was around the drunk kid. So the drunk kid comes back eventually and smashes a beer bottle on the floor for no reason. So some guy beat the hell out of him, then some guy who looked like Woody Harelson suckered that guy. Meanwhile Seth is on stage making fun of Dropdead and proclaiming "We're not one of those gay bands that like discourages fighting." A couple more fights broke out over the drunk guy again and the next thing i see is Seth jumping off the stage into a pile of kids and throwing punches. Then he tried to get back on stage but got dragged off it. Meanwhile people are fighting the rest of the band on stage.

The show got shut down and the cops showed up and maced some kid for no reason. .....and that kid was richard nixon, and he went on to save spring break.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Jun 18,2003 2:10am
Ozzfest 99... some broad was crowd surfing and totally got her shirt and pants ripped off... no bra...thong.. awesome... even for Ozzfest

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 18,2003 6:31am edited Jun 18,2003 6:34am
http://www.returntothepit.com/concert.php?date=2000-11-24 I was at that inflames show too.
man.. my pictures were so shitty back then. I remember the nevermore guys inviting everyone up onstage and then inflames did the same thing right after them. IT was like some weird competition.

toggletoggle post by exhumed4death  at Jun 18,2003 2:33pm
it wasnt exactly one thing in particular, but my favorite pit experience was during cephalic carnage when they played at the edge with red chord.there were some spinkickers and such earlier in the night, but when cephalic played it was pure metal, everyone having a good time with a damn good circle pit going. and people who just wanted to watch the show actually had a choice! anyway, i had an awesome time just moshing around and enjoying cephalic put on an amazing show

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 18,2003 5:04pm
my best pit experience was the Meshuggah/Tool show in Amherst, MA because i ALMOST had an orgasm in the pit..yup..awesome show

my WORST pit experience was at an _______ concert in Portland Maine last summer, it sucked because the guys surrounding me were trying to get my top off...it was sooo hot and everyone was sticking together i couldn't move ... damn people need to wear deodorant ('cept the Rev because i like his natural smell)..anyhow..ummm yeah

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 18,2003 9:08pm
I was there for the Tool pit, but you pulled my hand out.
plus there were white trash girls were punching each other in their ugly faces

toggletoggle post by wee...bink!  at Jun 18,2003 9:57pm edited Jun 18,2003 10:48pm
Last week went to a pretty gay show. I was standing with my friend Seamus's friend named Zach (the drummer of the blackout) when we hear over the microphone:
"Excuse me i would like to say that there will be no punching or kicking aloud in the mosh pit. I don't know what you kids do these days but in my day we would just slam into each other. Well have a nice night."
Zach turns to me and says:
"When you go in a pit, you dont go in to hold hands and light candles."
So the next song starts and a breakdown happens, so i watched a hilarious pit and Zach and I jump in, as i was stepping out a huge guy rips me out of the pit...
"STOP FUCKING THROWING PUNCHES!"
So i step away and stand with my friend Dave...
"You just got bitched at by muscle beach!"
...Muscle Beach is the Lacrosse coach at my school. It was nice to piss him off.

toggletoggle post by tedonegoodfuck  at Jun 19,2003 1:23am
during phobia at hrmmm... i wanna say the met, ..with the red chord and AtSS and CoDC cancelled...in any case, during phobia someone picked the garbage barrel that holds all the empty beer bottles and threw it in the middle of the circle. it made things interesting to say the least.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 19,2003 1:45am
thats basically every show at the met.

i was at that show and i got my lip cut open nicely during Phobia. I went on a blind date 2 days later. The humungous ball of puss attatched to the inside of my lip made the date pretty interesting.

toggletoggle post by BingChlorine at Jun 19,2003 7:51am
I'd probobly have to say my first hardcore show ever, in my hometown of Lynn, MA. It was 25 Ta Life, Mushmouth, a couple other pretty big NY bands, and a bunch of locals like DropKickJesus and Gasket. Anyways, like I said, it was my first hc show (I was in 8th grade) and I saw kids doing what I thought was kung-fu in the pit. I was horified and fascinated at the same time.

toggletoggle post by pardonthemess  at Jun 19,2003 2:39pm
i went to see shadows fall cuz i had nothing to do on a saturday night. but anyways some asshole with a mohawk didn't like hardcore dancing so he started to fuck around and he pushed me and waved his hands for me to come after him. so i threw him on the ground and started beating the shit of him and security pulled me off and i started kicking him in the face and i lost my shoes in the process

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jun 19,2003 2:47pm
It wasn't me. I wouldn't be caught dead at a Shadows Fall show... I mean I don't attack people. Yeah, thats it.

toggletoggle post by Kyle at Jun 19,2003 4:30pm
yeah my most insane pit experience would have to be at a blink 182 new found glory concert. it was crazy like kids were jumping around and like a couple people actually got bumped into and like the band was crazy and tom from blink 182 only messed up like 57.4 times in one song it was so crazy. i can't wait to see them again.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Heavy Golgothan Heart
[default homepage] [print][4:36:19am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01318 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]