New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> SHOWNOMERCY.COM... by RustedAngel on Feb 1,2005 11:06am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 1,2005 11:06am
as you may or may not know, I've owned the domain name since late 1997. Formerly a popular death site, long before ogrish/bangedup/ect. I took it down in 2001 due to the fact that it was overloading my friend's server bandwidth at over 250,000 unique hits per week and causing his other customers to complain about lag in their terminal screens. At one point marilyn manson around the 'antichrist superstar era' even had a link to it from his main page which was pretty funny. My host's also got a letter from germany stating that the site was banned there and we were not permitted to enter the country. haha.

so for a few years now, the domain has lied dormant, with just a splash screen and used to direct traffic wherever I choose. I even linked to RTTP at one point but aaron soon after told me to take it off. I have contemplated relaunching the site as a death site, but I don't think I would be able to rebuild it to compete with the competition.

so I'm sitting here today and it dawns on me after thinking about gettin and offer from someone to buy the domain from me...what if I turned shownomercy.com into a t-shirt company. not printing itself but selling designs with show no mercy as the name. maybe similar to bounty hunter inc. I'm probably a bit far ahead of myself but I think it could take off if I can do it right.

opinions?

toggletoggle post by assuck   at Feb 1,2005 11:15am
do it up

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Feb 1,2005 11:21am
thats where EXCEED got "THE BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS" cd /tape cover

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 1,2005 11:27am
what picture did they take?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 1,2005 11:29am edited Feb 1,2005 11:31am
does anyone know about copyright? I just checked copyright.gov, and there are a few entires for show no mercy...some books, plays, ect... here's one for slayer...

18. Registration Number: SR-51-402
Title: Show no mercy / [performed by] aSlayer.
Imprint: Metal Blade Records MBR 1034 ; Torrance, CA : marketed by Enigma Records, c1983.
Description: 1 sound disc : 33 1/3 rpm ; 12 in. + 1 lyrics sheet (1 p.)
Claimant: Brian Slagel d.b.a. Metal Blade Records
Created: 1983
Published: 12Nov83
Author on © Application: performance & sound recording: Tom Araya, Kerry King, Jeff Hanneman & Dave Lombardo p.k.a. Slayer.
Contents: Evil has no boundaries. The Antichrist. Die by the sword. Fight till death. Metalstorm, Face the slayer. Black magic. Tormentor. The Final command. Crionics. Show no mercy.
Special Codes: 7/U

so they copyrighted an album, but not the name, am I correct? Either way I think I may be all set even if I have to put show no mercy and a dot com somewhere on the shirt just to make the name a little bit modified.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 1,2005 11:33am
Josh from cattle decapitation works at a law office aside from the band, maybe I will get more details from him on feb 20th.

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Feb 1,2005 11:38am
RustedAngel said:
what picture did they take?

oj crime scene photo where the blood was all over the walk way

oh by the way i wasthe guitarist of exceed

toggletoggle post by timma at Feb 1,2005 11:47am
i'm no law wizz, but I was learning about this kind of stuff in business law the other day, and I think you're right..the album is copyrighted as it pretains to slayer, but not the actual name of show no mercy...and adding the dot com probably couldn't hurt.

toggletoggle post by mikeatzero  at Feb 1,2005 1:29pm
Do it Tom, I'll draw up some shizzy for ya!

toggletoggle post by Menstrual_Sweatpants_Disco   at Feb 1,2005 1:32pm
That site was great, I must say. Way ahead of its time. Kudos!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 1,2005 1:37pm
timma said:
i'm no law wizz, but I was learning about this kind of stuff in business law the other day, and I think you're right..the album is copyrighted as it pretains to slayer, but not the actual name of show no mercy...and adding the dot com probably couldn't hurt.

yeah, I think I might be all set, I guess I can give it a shot and wait and see if anyone tries anything.

here's T-SHIRT hell's trademark entry:

Word Mark T-SHIRT HELL
Goods and Services IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Retail store services featuring offensive T-shirts. FIRST USE: 20010620. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20010620
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 76294885
Filing Date August 6, 2001
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition March 26, 2002
Registration Number 2772249
Registration Date October 7, 2003
Owner (REGISTRANT) T-SHIRT HELL INC. CORPORATION NEVADA 302 Bedford Ave. #332 Brooklyn NEW YORK 11211
Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "T-SHIRT" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 1,2005 1:38pm
yeah, so many people used to go to that site and I would be like "it's just that dorky kid from dover"
little did I know, you were from maine.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 1,2005 1:41pm
mikeatzero said:
Do it Tom, I'll draw up some shizzy for ya!

I have a couple of dumb ideas for designs, but I think I may need some illustrations done by someone....my friend tim can draw, but who knows I might need someone else. I could probably do some simple digital art I'll need to brainstorm though.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 1,2005 1:42pm
Menstrual_Sweatpants_Disco said:
That site was great, I must say. Way ahead of its time. Kudos!

thanks.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][11:38:55am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.02588 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]