New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Proof Positive: YOU DON'T NEED "TUFFGUYS" TO HAVE TOUGHGUYS by XmikeX on Feb 1,2005 12:04am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Feb 1,2005 12:04am edited Feb 1,2005 12:15am
So I went to the Backstabbers Inc show tonight. I hadn't seen them in a long time, but I always had fun at their shows. So I came out with the intention of rocking out, and giving the Stabbers a worthwile sendoff.
I thought, since the rest of the world seems to hold itself so far above "tuffguy hardcore", then maybe I would be in for a welcome change of pace; a lesson in show ettitquette perhaps...

Well I couldn't even get through that much without having to witness absolutely pointless bullshit. Now, let's consider that the only guy that was crew was long gone from this show, and there wasn't really anyone there who's a notorious trouble maker. Yet somehow, despite what a number of mouthy know-it-alls across the internet, and inumberable self righteous emo scenesters would lead you to believe, there was STILL bullshit even with a room full of skinny nerds.

I watched several times as pimply faced nerdarrios tried to provoke fights, and assert themselves as the alpha males of the Caimbridge VFW hall (now there's a fucking worthwhile title). Every single time it was the same thing: a 160 pound kid would dance into one of them, and they'd shuffle around, make frowny faces, and elict macho posturing in an attempt to go out of their way to start a fight over NOTHING at an otherwise positive show.

Luckily for the sake of the show (and honestly, for the sake of these kids) nobody bought into any of it, but it just goes to support what I've been saying for years: no "scene" is above having bullshit. None. Just because you don't own a Fury of Five cd doesn't mean you're immune to being a poser tuffguy doofus. And just because you're a dirty mod hipster doesn't make your pointless bullshit any more worthwhile.

Bullshit in girls pants is still bullshit. Pointlessness in an emo haircut is still pointlessness.

I hope one day I'm tough enough to live in Allston too.
wahh wahhhh

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 1,2005 12:06am
I think it boils down to nobrains + insecure = stupid actions.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 1,2005 12:07am
like someone threatening you on IM because they didn't like your review?
wah wahhh indeed

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 1,2005 12:07am
oh man i'm so druk

toggletoggle post by luke   at Feb 1,2005 12:22am
hahaha, i always enjoy your posts mike. good to see BSI one last time too. ryan is one of my favorite frontmen ever

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 1,2005 10:05am
Meathead Mentality lives strong in the insecure.

toggletoggle post by nick   at Feb 1,2005 11:21am
i completely missed the toughguy stuff, i was too busy laughing at the kid that had his pants ripped from the crotch to his ankle. decent show.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r @work at Feb 1,2005 12:14pm
i didnt see the toughguy stuff either. except for that kid that started to go after you, mike, in the yellow jacket.

that kid w/ the huge head who had a dumb look on his face the whole show made me laugh

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Feb 1,2005 1:01pm
i wish I had yellow pants. then I'd be tough too.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:click here to get internet 5.0
[default homepage] [print][1:31:42am Apr 24,2024
load time 0.00966 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]