New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> REALLY BIG CRATE. by RustedAngel on Jan 26,2005 9:58am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 26,2005 9:58am
imagine if someone brought one of these to shows? hahahahaha.

toggletoggle post by assuck   at Jan 26,2005 10:06am
jesus christ is that real?

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Jan 26,2005 10:08am
that stack is the size of most clubs I do booking at.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 26,2005 10:08am
I'm sure it is, they're just showing how the bv600 can power 8 cabs. It's the same head just in a custom giant case. hahaha.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 26,2005 10:10am
Joe/NotCommon said:
that stack is the size of most clubs I do booking at.

you should book that guy and you'll be garuntteed a full house

toggletoggle post by assuck   at Jan 26,2005 10:14am
RustedAngel said:
I'm sure it is, they're just showing how the bv600 can power 8 cabs. It's the same head just in a custom giant case. hahaha.

oh ok

this makes more sense now

i want one

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jan 26,2005 10:14am
it may be 16 ft tall, but alas, it is just but a Crate.

now if it were a 16ft Sovtek or Orange...

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 26,2005 10:31am
the_taste_of_cigarettes said:
it may be 16 ft tall, but alas, it is just but a Crate.

now if it were a 16ft Sovtek or Orange...

Exactly -- you can probably turn it up to 11 and still not hear it over the drums.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jan 26,2005 10:33am
AHHAHAHAHHAHA

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 26,2005 10:33am
I've had a crate practice amp since 7th grade and it's been a pretty damn good amp and sounds good at practice levels. It's a GX-40c, 2 x 10" speakers.

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Jan 26,2005 11:45am edited Jan 26,2005 11:47am
RustedAngel said:
I've had a crate practice amp since 7th grade and it's been a pretty damn good amp and sounds good at practice levels. It's a GX-40c, 2 x 10" speakers.

i have that same one. it rules. i like how you can have two different effects settings for dirty and clean, plus your regular unaffected channels without changing anything.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 26,2005 11:58am
word. haha.

now crate has the smallest amp:

January 25, 2005

New for 2005, Crate unveils the Crate PowerBlock, a 150watt stereo guitar amp weighs only 4.6 pounds. The CPB150 features 150 Watts into 8 Ohms Mono and 75 Watts RMS per side into 4 Ohms; a distortable FlexWave clean channel with gain, level, and 3 Band EQ; guitar input and headphone jack on the front.

The CPB150 also features left, right and mono speaker outputs, stereo RCA CD inputs, an effects loop with left, right and mono line in, and a balanced XLR line out with level control. The CPB150 includes a padded protection bag in four color packaging

toggletoggle post by HANDINJURY at Jan 26,2005 11:59am
I have a black voodoo head and for being a 120 watt tube head, its not really that loud.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jan 26,2005 12:01pm
ok that is pretty god damn sick,

but it stll stands, for me, that Crate's sound too hi-end (as far as tone spectrum) and come off really too crisp for me. Plus I'm not a big solid state guy.

I admit I never played the tube CRATEs, but didn't Crate start as Marshall's solid state division?

toggletoggle post by Timma nli at Jan 26,2005 12:11pm
i'd like to be the asshole standing behind the stack about to push it over on the poor bastard.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Jan 26,2005 12:45pm
dude, that shits hot. im sorry, but of all the crap people give crate, their blue voodoos are pretty damn nice. i had a bv120 for a few years, fantastic amp for the bling.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 26,2005 12:46pm
Timma nli said:
i'd like to be the asshole standing behind the stack about to push it over on the poor bastard.

hahahahahaha

toggletoggle post by phantos   at Jan 26,2005 2:25pm
the giant stack is gay.
the mini amp is kinda cool... it would be great to have as emergency backup on the road.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 26,2005 3:14pm
Hahaha, anyone else notice how the in that picture, on the normal stack beside the huge one, the top cabinet has wheels on it, hahahaha. I'd love to see someone nudge into that and send it for a ride.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 26,2005 3:17pm
retzam said:
Hahaha, anyone else notice how the in that picture, on the normal stack beside the huge one, the top cabinet has wheels on it, hahahaha. I'd love to see someone nudge into that and send it for a ride.

Too bad the top cab probably has caster cups to prevent that ;)

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 26,2005 3:21pm
Ahhh no fun. Don't be logical. Besides, even with caster cups, the wheels still cause an overwhelming loss of stability.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 26,2005 3:23pm
retzam said:
Ahhh no fun. Don't be logical. Besides, even with caster cups, the wheels still cause an overwhelming loss of stability.

you could more easily topple the entire stack than just push the top cab off. hahaha.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 26,2005 3:24pm
Do you honestly think that if you were to place your hands halfway up the top cab and give a nice, firm push, that it would result in the whole stack tipping over?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 26,2005 3:25pm
retzam said:
Do you honestly think that if you were to place your hands halfway up the top cab and give a nice, firm push, that it would result in the whole stack tipping over?

before the top cab tipping? yep, with the weight of the head, and top cab, it would be easier to tip the entire thing over. TRY IT! hahahahah.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 26,2005 3:26pm
I dare retzam to tip someone's stack over!!! DOUBLE DARE.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 26,2005 3:27pm
Hahahaha gotcha.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 26,2005 3:27pm
Meaning I understand...

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Jan 26,2005 6:08pm
THEY NEED TO MAKE A BASS CABINET THAT SIZE.......... WITH JUST ONE HUGE SPEAKER!!!!!!!!!!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][12:25:42am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.14953 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]