New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> i want what the vikings had.... by Josh_hates_you on Jan 11,2005 12:59pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Jan 11,2005 12:59pm
fly agaric mushrooms............we need some more beserker rage around here.

toggletoggle post by damnose   at Jan 11,2005 2:04pm
bite that shield!

some say that they couldn't have used shrooms for the battle madness, as they don't grow in Iceland. but fuck that, they were great traders so who says they didn't just import them?

legal, government sanctioned drug trade. who's uncivilized?

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jan 11,2005 2:35pm
you think norsemen blazed?

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 11,2005 2:37pm
Fly Agaric mushrooms have strains all over the world, including in the mainland of Scandinavia. I did a bunch of research on them last summer.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jan 11,2005 2:41pm
drugs are fascinating.

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Jan 11,2005 2:44pm
....a mighty sword!

toggletoggle post by damnose   at Jan 11,2005 3:09pm
retzam said:
Fly Agaric mushrooms have strains all over the world, including in the mainland of Scandinavia. I did a bunch of research on them last summer.

yeah, that's why I think the naysayers are wrong; they base their argument on the fact that the shrooms are native to the mainland but not Iceland, and there were Icelandic berserkers. Kinda falls apart due to common sense though:

Olaf: let's go settle in Iceland
Cnut: but there are no battle-madness mushrooms there!
Olaf: well, let us bring some!
Cnut: *chomp chomp chomp chomp*
Olaf: hey! get your own shield!

etc etc.

toggletoggle post by androgynous at Jan 11,2005 3:21pm
ha there is no proof that the norse men or the celtics used drugs to go beserk, they were just crazy fuckers.

for example Woad has no natural hallcenogenic properties, it was simply a dye.

It is crazier to believe they did that stuff off drugs then on them any ways

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 11,2005 3:24pm
you know what? I'm going to get a mug of mead now...

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Jan 11,2005 3:25pm
humans have an inherent need to get fucked up and I think its safe to say that dates way back, and all over the world, its universal

toggletoggle post by damnose   at Jan 11,2005 5:19pm
paganmegan said:
humans have an inherent need to get fucked up and I think its safe to say that dates way back, and all over the world, its universal

yep. even the bible says so! On Yom Kippur, the high priest is instructed to go to the innermost room of the temple and take with him a few bundles of herbs, one of which is cannabis (I think this has been changed in some modern bibles). He then burns them and "sees god in the flames," hmmm.

the Indians had SOMA (probably shrooms... and cows are sacred, hm), and even the Greeks had the cult of Dionysus.

We'll probably never know if the berserkers ate shrooms, but it certainly can't be ruled out.

toggletoggle post by pisscup at Jan 11,2005 5:28pm
I have to try these shrooms, the ones I usually get just make me laugh and say "wow" alot.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 11,2005 5:39pm
It isn't assumed that just because there were berserkers that they took Fly Agaric. It is historically documented.

And pisscup, Fly Agaric make you feel ill for about an hour, then euphoria and minor hallucinations, then berzerk. It may be in a slightly different order than that, I can't really remember.But anyway, they are legal. If you have a credit card google "buy fly agaric" or "buy amanita muscaria" or something like that. But do some research before hand, they are very very easy to overdose on, i think 4 mid-sized caps is a lethal dose. You can also peel the skin off the caps and smoke the peelings to consume them, and I suppose that would be faster. Keep in mind I have no first hand experience with this drug, just what I've read.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 11,2005 5:41pm
Oh, and the "berzerk" effects I believe are just a combination of painkilling effects and mood swings.

toggletoggle post by pisscup at Jan 11,2005 5:51pm
Sounds like salvia and cough syrup mixed together... no thanks.

toggletoggle post by damnose   at Jan 12,2005 6:00am
pisscup said:
Sounds like salvia and cough syrup mixed together... no thanks.

yeah, they're probably rather nasty. the fatigue and sickness afterward makes sense; lots of berserkers were killed in surprise attacks because of it. coming down's a bitch!

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 12,2005 8:41pm
Nothing like Salvia. It doesn't bring you into another fucking world.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 12,2005 8:41pm
Wow, I can't believe I seriously just capitalized salvia.

toggletoggle post by androgynous at Jan 13,2005 3:51pm
well it wqas noted that after they came off of their beserk high they would be unable to defned themselves from even a child

toggletoggle post by wakeoftears  at Jan 13,2005 4:07pm
I got some fly agaric's from an online store once, it was interesting. You have to eat a SHITLOAD of them to actually trip. Otherwise you just feel sleepy.

toggletoggle post by wakeoftears  at Jan 13,2005 4:14pm
Salvia is the fucking balls. I got some 5x extract once, and I went far far away. It was seriously the most intense drug ive ever taken, with maybe the exception of 5meoDMT - and for the record ive done just about every drug known to man, with the exception of heroine, crack, ketamine, and pcp. Anyways, ill never forget that trip, it felt like I was living a new life every time I picked my head up from the table. I'd put my head back down, then back up and Everyone was still there, but it was a different time and place, even though it was only like 5 seconds later. I dont know how else to describe it. However I havent tripped like that since. Some extractions of it arent as pure as that one was I assume.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 13,2005 4:18pm
ketamine isn't anything special.
not really worth it at all.

toggletoggle post by wakeoftears  at Jan 13,2005 4:39pm
It sounds kinda crazy, I know some kids who had some insane experiences and one who died from a reaction with his medicine and some sort of animal tranq. I dont do a whole lot of different drugs now, and I dont think id try it.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Armoured Homophobic Chainsaw
[default homepage] [print][4:15:28am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01407 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]