New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> why mick mars looks like he's almost dead by subjugate on Jan 2,2005 10:20am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Jan 2,2005 10:20am
Metal Edge: For those that aren't familiar with the disease, what exactly does it do to you?

Mick Mars: "It changes up your spine, it affects your eyes, you can't see as clear with them. Right now, my disease has gone up to my brain stem and into my throat and stuff — I have one vocal cord working and the other is dead. I have a team of doctors trying to figure out how to get it back so that I can have a full voice again. It's like there are bones growing over your bones and shifting it up — like if you were to put a brace on your back, then try and stand up, you can’t do it. It gets to your hands, it gets in your elbows, it gets in your knees, any place there are joints. It starts in the hips, and that's why I had the one replaced and need to do another one. It has nothing to do with age — you could be 17 or 18 years old and have it, and what happens is, they need to cut it out, or it goes through your whole body."

toggletoggle post by tha rev, eh? at Jan 2,2005 10:27am
i\'m reading a book which mentions him quite a bit and he sounded like a cool and crazy guy..what does he have
~carina in canada

toggletoggle post by Todd(bombshelter) at Jan 2,2005 10:54am
yea ,you forgot the question before this one where he said what the diease is.I would like to know also.I asume it affects his playing,cause i saw them a few weeks ago on the 204 video game awards show,and i was not really that impressed with all of them actually, it did seem like he was having a hard time playing.

toggletoggle post by Todd(bombshelter) at Jan 2,2005 10:56am
wow a fuckload of spelling errors,i am not logged in so i cannot fix them fuck

**2004**
**disease**

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Jan 2,2005 11:39am
The four members of MÖTLEY CRÜE were recently interviewed by Metal Edge magazine for a cover story about their upcoming reunion tour. Several excerpts from guitarist Mick Mars's portion of the interview follow:

Metal Edge: Other members of the band have said that they view the reunion as something vital in your recovery process. Do you view it that way?

Mick Mars: "No, because I refuse to be exploited. We all have reasons to come back. They have their side projects, but I don't think those are anything too serious. It's really rough for me being out on the road, it's rough keeping up with the schedule. It's rough enough for a healthy guy, but I weigh 112 pounds and I'm not fully recovered yet, and I've done all this stuff already that 's really wearing me down faster than I can heal."

Metal Edge: Was it rough for you on the road the last time MÖTLEY toured?

Mick Mars: "Pretty much. There's a lot of flying around, playing live at radio stations, then playing live at night, doing promotions like Macintosh — two, three, four places in a day. Even on a Lear jet, I still couldn't get healthy."

Metal Edge: Do you feel like you're recuperating at a decent pace now? Are you optimistic about being healthy enough to head out on tour in February?

Mick Mars: "Probably by then. It all depends how much they're going to schedule in between. It's kind of like if you wake up from a deep sleep, and have to go straight to work and can't go back to sleep — you're going to be tired. You need to catch up on sleep before you can really be awake. I have to be healthy before I really start working again."

Metal Edge: It seems like everyone's got their different reasons for going back to the band. Why do you think MÖTLEY is getting back together right now?

Mick Mars: "Greed. Not on my part. And I won't say on everyone else's part, but there is greed around me. There's greed in everything, though, not just this. It's everywhere."

Metal Edge: For those that aren't familiar with the disease, what exactly does it do to you?

Mick Mars: "It changes up your spine, it affects your eyes, you can't see as clear with them. Right now, my disease has gone up to my brain stem and into my throat and stuff — I have one vocal cord working and the other is dead. I have a team of doctors trying to figure out how to get it back so that I can have a full voice again. It's like there are bones growing over your bones and shifting it up — like if you were to put a brace on your back, then try and stand up, you can’t do it. It gets to your hands, it gets in your elbows, it gets in your knees, any place there are joints. It starts in the hips, and that's why I had the one replaced and need to do another one. It has nothing to do with age — you could be 17 or 18 years old and have it, and what happens is, they need to cut it out, or it goes through your whole body."

Metal Edge: It sounds excruciatingly painful.

Mick Mars: "It is, it is… And you go to the doctor, and they give you the quick fix, so I had to get myself off that whole thing, too. They don’t try to treat it, they just give you pain pills. Well, why don't you do anything about it? Overseas they do things, they have remedies, and they work like eighty percent of the time, but over here, the doctors really don't seem to know a lot about it, and it's really upsetting."

toggletoggle post by Todd(bombshelter) at Jan 2,2005 12:44pm
ah that sucks it does not say what it is

toggletoggle post by Bradness at Jan 2,2005 12:47pm
man, i'm so glad i'm not going to that show. What a bunch of assholes, making the guy go out when he isn''t healthy.
Vince Neil SUCKS live.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jan 2,2005 1:31pm
Hey Jim, you got a picture of Mick? I havn't seen him yet, I hear he walks wicked slow and shit too. I watched VH1 last night and they did this whole show on Vince called "Remaking". It was kinda interesting. They made Vince quit drink, stop eating junk food, got him working out, gave him a huge plastic surgery facial operation. After that shit was done they put him in the studio with some douchebag producer and made him sing some song that would launch his solo career. Lame.
I love Crue though. When I was 5 they were gods.

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Jan 2,2005 1:39pm
i saw him on leno nye he looks like eddie from iron maiden but with black hair

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Jan 2,2005 1:41pm

toggletoggle post by humanbonedeathmachine at Jan 2,2005 4:10pm
i saw vince neil at the woodstock fair. now cmon if you play that you know you are a washed up douche

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 2,2005 8:42pm
i've posted this elsewhere but i'm reading tommyland and he speaks highly of Mars not of vince though...understandable, i'm not a fan of vince either

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 2,2005 11:22pm
I'm reading The Dirt and I'm a little more than a third into it and there has not been any mention of a disease at all. Mick doesn't have a lot of passages in this book though, it's mostly Nikki.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 2,2005 11:23pm
And yeah, on Leno he looked like Eddie with black hair, but he's always looked like that.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 2,2005 11:33pm
Bradness said:
man, i'm so glad i'm not going to that show. What a bunch of assholes, making the guy go out when he isn''t healthy.
Vince Neil SUCKS live.

Dude, he's a free man, if he doesn't want to do the tour he won't do it, it's not like the rest of them are holding a gun to his head.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 3,2005 12:27am
Hmmm, funny, I just got to the part. The disease is called ankylosing spondylitis. What's funny is that the doctor told him he had an extremely rare form of it that begins in the teens but stops in the mid-thirties, and it just never stopped when he reached this age.

toggletoggle post by Todd(bombshelter) at Jan 3,2005 4:42am
AS is a chronic inflammatory disorder that can often be progressive. AS involves pain and inflammation primarily of the spine and sacroiliac joints (area where your spine meets your pelvis).

What are the Symptoms of AS?
AS has a wide range of symptoms. While patients may not have all of these symptoms, the most common include:

Lower back pain that is worse after you have slept or been inactive, and improves after exercise, or a hot bath or shower
Pain and stiffness in your hips
Joint pain and inflammation in your shoulders, knees, and ankles
Limited range of motion in your spine and hips
Restricted expansion of your chest
Neck pain
Fatigue
Inflammation of your eyes, which can lead to permanent damage

Wow that sucks, says it improves with exercise ,so maybe if he stays ative(performing) it will be alright ,but that still gotta suck

toggletoggle post by th3rdknuckle at Jan 3,2005 8:44am
horrible band then, horrible band now

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Skinny Carcinogenic Saint
[default homepage] [print][6:37:45pm Apr 16,2024
load time 0.01666 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]