New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> "Kids are into Lamb of God, Korn and Godsmack," MTV2 by the_reverend on May 8,2003 10:09am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 8,2003 10:09am
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,86278,00.html

"Pop music kind of has a three-year cycle," he said. "Sometimes metal bands play to 50,000 people, sometimes 5,000, but metal never completely goes away. Once in a while it bumps into the mainstream, as it seems to be doing now."
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Lamb Of God,

Korn

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at May 8,2003 10:22am
haha sometimes 5 people.

i love these in depth comprehensive reports. they almost came up with a few complete sentences....almost. how do people like that get jobs in journalism?

toggletoggle post by Hybrid   at May 8,2003 10:34am
i think one of the things that kills any kind of music is they over-analyze it. so many genres have been destroyed that way. some needed it however.... but none the less it's when MTV mentions a name like Lamb of God (just puked in my own lap), it would be depressing if MTV catapulted these guys as stars because in my view they're not MTV material, and the bands in that article were such extreme opposites i couldnt tell what they were saying, it was like someone randomly picked them and threw them in the article.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at May 8,2003 1:18pm
no surprise here at all. Lamb of God sound like Pantera.

toggletoggle post by pj  at May 10,2003 1:55am
Justin Timberlake and Avril Lavigne aren't any more or less "pop" than Linkin Park and Korn. Mass produced crap for adolescents to rally an image around; Disturbed for the rebellious and Britney Spears for the happy sluts. Entering into the "underground scene" is at least a choice to create a real image rather than buy it at Hot Topic.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at May 10,2003 2:04pm
hey... i got a bad ass iron maiden shirt at hot topic

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 11,2003 1:09pm
iron maiden
july 21st
worcester centrum
motherfuckers.

RUNNNNN TOOOOOO THEEEEEEE HILLLLS!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by wee...bink!  at May 11,2003 3:30pm
Haha, that reminded me of the Henry Rollins special on Comedy Central. And his little segment about playing with Iron Maiden, anyone else see that?... its like 3 years old, but i saw it at like 3 o'clock in the morning like last week.

toggletoggle post by Necrotroll at Sep 22,2011 5:13pm
Resurrect!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][9:01:32am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01176 secs/17 queries]
[search][refresh page]