New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> MAY 23rd BENEFIT SHOW CHANGES by bullets_for_jake on May 6,2003 7:28pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by bullets_for_jake  at May 6,2003 7:28pm
alright, unfortunetly, the guys at the whitman vfw fucked us over. i wont really get into details, but lets leave it at the whole idea for this show is in trouble. currently, we're looking at a few halls, but it sucks because we're going to have to pay for em. (we were getting the whitman vfw for free...) so disregard anything you heard about people saying the show was totally cancelled. if nothing happens soon, the date will most likely be changed also. anyway, keep checking www.foraidan.cjb.net for updates and all that jazz.

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at May 6,2003 11:40pm
this is actually pretty important as it is a benefit show for a little kid with cancer. So why don't we step off your arguements over who has the most metal haircut for a minute and lend a hand.

give the brockton vfw a try, along with the abington koc (they used to have shows there), someone also pointed me to "the enterprise club" in brockton, the dalton club in holbrook, theres a show coming up at st. coleman's in brockton the kid booking it (overnightremedy@hotmail.com) said he only got it cuz he works there and the show isn't open to other events but if you explain to him the circumstances maybe they'll make an exception...i mean it's a church for christs sake (yeesh)

monk st is pretty much out of the question because the cost is ridiculous plus you have to rent a PA and pay for security. any place you book is gonna cost you some, but if you explain your story maybe they'll cut you some slack. Just my 2 cents.

(ps. responding with "book my crappy unknown band to play this show" probably isn't helping)

toggletoggle post by nick   at May 7,2003 2:40pm
There is no room for any other bands anyway, we are full up. Unless some band drops but then theres a waiting list.

toggletoggle post by Bryan at May 8,2003 10:35pm
The Dalton Club in Holbrook would be good. That seemed like a good hall if you can get it. Or any of the venues in the city of champions.

toggletoggle post by bullets_for_jake  at May 9,2003 7:42pm
ok we have a new option that looks semi promising.

shrewsberry skatepark.

i guess we'd have it 8am - 12pm for free. i guess all we have to do is put the band 'trauma concept' on the bill. i really dont have a problem with that seeing as though we are getting a huge favor done for us. although, thinking this over, a number of problems arise;

1) skatepark...how are the acoustics gonna sound in a skatepark?
2) family / friends would have to drive further than originally planned...
3) date would have to be changed
4) if the date was changed, it would still have to work with every bands schedule.

eh i guess i could make a pros / cons list but i think you get the idea. what do you guys think?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 9,2003 11:41pm
sounds good to me.
just make sure it's not conflicting with other shows.

toggletoggle post by finger noises at May 13,2003 10:50am
Early Morning Show, DO IT, Acoustics in a skate park are not the bad, 2pi was a good place to have a show

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at May 13,2003 11:38am
think about location!

there is a hall one block from the middle east in cambridge that is doing shows.

Central Square Elks Lodge 55 Bishop Allen Dr. Cambridge, MA

thats the only info i found on the place

joe

toggletoggle post by jesus  at May 13,2003 2:01pm
joe, try to set up that bane of existence, tyag, dysentery, shading the end show there. instead of that 21+ venue it was originally planned for.

if you need i can go check the place out to see what its like, i live pretty close.

toggletoggle post by bullets_for_jake  at May 14,2003 3:21pm
unfortunetly the benefit show was cancelled due to the fact the George family's medical insurance covered it. thank you to anyone who helped out tho, it was great to see everything get pulled together so quickly and i appreciate it muchly. now give yourselves a pat on the back.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][12:44:42am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01348 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]