New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Cold Northern Vengeance now available by The_Day_of_the_Rope on May 5,2003 1:16am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by The_Day_of_the_Rope  at May 5,2003 1:16am

Cold Northern Vengeance "From Dungeons to Northern Black Storms" 4 song CDR demo now available for $4... This is Winter Dungeon Cult Black Metal from New Hampshire... contact...

Cold Northern Vengeance
c/o Frost Heathen
PO BOX 48
Seabrook NH
email Dungeoncult@aol.com

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at May 5,2003 12:09pm
word, real subtle use of the white power symbol

im totally fooled, i swear.

toggletoggle post by DGN at May 5,2003 12:26pm
Mike that is called a Celtic cross...If you go to Ireland you see alot of them on tombstones but they must all be nazis right? Just because some white power organization uses a european symbol does not mean it's a nazi symbol. People like you like to attatch labels to things they don't understand. I'm sorry Cold Northern Vengeance does not fit the mold of all the metalcore bands in massachusetts...

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at May 5,2003 12:58pm
yes yes. so then please explain the significance of such a symbol in your logo? is CNV a celtic band?.....like house of pain?

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at May 5,2003 1:34pm edited May 5,2003 1:36pm
how do you invert a celtic cross? do you have to make all diagonal and make it look like an x or something or do you just tell people that it is inverted even though it looks like its normal? i am immensely intrigued by that...

edit: whoa... if you make it diagonal it looks like the X-men symbol... looks like marvel has some 'splainin to do [/ricky ricardo]

toggletoggle post by FH at May 5,2003 5:21pm
The Celtic cross and the Thor's hammer symbols employed within the logo are Pagan symbols from old Europe... Since CNV is influenced by Paganism musically and lyrically I guess it would make sense using them right? The inverted crosses embodies our anti christian viewpoints. I hope this clears things up, I understand that this must be hard for you to comprehend though considering how stupid you are...

toggletoggle post by FH at May 5,2003 5:21pm
The Celtic cross and the Thor's hammer symbols employed within the logo are Pagan symbols from old Europe... Since CNV is influenced by Paganism musically and lyrically I guess it would make sense using them right? The inverted crosses embodies our anti christian viewpoints. I hope this clears things up, I understand that this must be hard for you to comprehend though considering how stupid you are...

toggletoggle post by The_Day_of_the_Rope  at May 5,2003 5:26pm
Michael, yet again you have succeeded in exposing yourself as a febel minded, mental midget. Your Yeshiva schooling is sub-par at best, and the points you make are opinionated and fictional. CNV is not a "Nazi" band, as you would like to have everyone believe. Your attempts at slander only solidify my belief that you are dead from the neck up, and are totally immersed in non-reality. To you, anyone you think is "wrong", is a "Nazi". Your attempts at labeling only prove your insanity, and your total unwillingness to learn. Your a pea-brain zombie, you must accept this as truth and reality. You know nothing of the things you mention. There is no substance to your labeling. But I can only expect so much from a zombie, you are only doing what youve been taught to do. Instead of running around shooting your mouth off and labeling others, and using words, labels and arguments invented by the organized to belittle resistance, why dont you go learn. Stop creating facades for yourself, and get off Planet Zion. Come back down to reality, go to the library, read some books. Educate yourself, then, and only then, can you come step to my podium. But I know you'll be back, to flap your gums. Flap flap flap your gums.

I see your lips quiverin', but you arent sayin' a muthafuckin' thing.

By the way Useful Idiot, in order for there to be "Nazi", or something "anti-Semitic", there must first be a negative action, something "Semitic", to react to. This is science my dickheaded friend. Can you register, process and understand this information correctly? We are not the action, WE ARE THE REACTION.

And I'm no "Nazi". I've never even seen a "Nazi". Have you?

I will not be back to hear your weak, pathetic attempt at a rebuttal. Instead of having to defend myself, and bickering with a soupy-brained lacky, I will instead do yet more research, and learn learn learn.

And remember, pull up your pissy-pants, quit ya poutin like a little sissy-girl bitch, and stay off my dick. WAKE UP OR DIE

toggletoggle post by jesus  at May 5,2003 5:41pm
fucking new hampshire bastards. go home and cry about the old man and then start a coalition to rebuild him out of plastic

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at May 5,2003 6:21pm
"Planet Zion"? I've never even been to a planet hollywood.

Again if your intent was to show me you have nothing to prove to me, I guess now you've technically succeeded because nothing is what you have proven to me. But keep calling me names and hiding behind words and facts that you made up. And Im glad that I made you sink to my level. Score one for the good guys.

Your douche bag band has got nothing on House of Pain.

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at May 5,2003 6:23pm
and if by research you mean a collaboration of mein kampf and racistjokes.com i'm sure you will guy....im sure you will.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187 at May 5,2003 7:59pm
Who is this from CNV? This is Mike from Ninnixu/Hirudinea/Witch Tomb. Send me an email Ninkaszi187@yahoo.com I'd like to get the demo, I can send you the new Ninnixu/Burning Winds/Witch Tomb/Aiwass split cd in return.

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at May 5,2003 9:51pm edited May 5,2003 9:53pm
the boston celtics are all nazis. fact.

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at May 5,2003 10:19pm
if you want the real deal check this shit out.

available now on xidownwithsatanx records.....GARGAMEL smurf stomping black metal straight from the bowels of the almighty SATAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't own this, then you are not...i repeat NOT down with Satan.

Smurfs beware you blue faggots are fucking done. HAIL SATAN

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at May 6,2003 1:11am
it's so funny that througout all that mumbo jumbo this guy was tossin around... he has neglected to spell "you're" correctly. i don't give a shit how right you possibly could have been... the fact that you are in your twenties and you STILL have problems with your and you're is hilarious but yet its sad at the same time. you should start signin up for some summer school english classes, time is running out and space is limited.

toggletoggle post by xmeghanx at May 6,2003 3:41pm
if everyone is so above one another and if we're all so mature then why does it always come to name calling?

toggletoggle post by derekx at May 7,2003 12:26am
HAHAHAHAHA!!
cold northern vengance witch demon carpethian doom funeral?!

wholy shit.

pigeons. pigeons in a hole.

toggletoggle post by Torgen at May 7,2003 2:06am
Cold Northern Vengeange=The antithesis of massachusetts metalcore...
Dungeoncult Eternal...

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at May 7,2003 2:51am
metalcore=nobody mentioned it but you and your friends

so is this band ex-house of pain or what?

toggletoggle post by Frost Heathen at May 30,2003 7:08am
Cold Northern Vengeance Mp3 finally available for download

http://mp3.com/cold_northern_vengeance

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at May 30,2003 8:51am
no sir... i dont like it. is this just a cheap demo or was this recording supposed to be weak and harsh because thats the "tr00" thing to do?

toggletoggle post by Goatvomit at May 31,2003 2:27pm
.....Fucking killer old school black metal!!! Fuck the trendies...

http://unholyrecords.com

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at May 31,2003 5:47pm
I didn't think I'd like this at all. But I decided to give it a chance anyways and be an open minded individual. Having done so here is my evaluation:

a. Dark Throne called, they want their riffs back.
b. So did Mayhem.
c. Keeping in the tradition of old skool black metal the recording was awful, the drums were atrocious, and the song was really really boring.
d. The song title sounds like it came from a random black metal song title generator. It like something Impaled Northern Moonforest would have come up with as a joke.
e. Why does everything with you black metal types have to be in the north? And north of where??? Talk about idiotics trends.
f. this is terrible.

toggletoggle post by deodiummortis  at May 31,2003 8:46pm
I don't get why anyone would want to limit their entire potential fanbase by intentionally underproducing. Why give yourself a handicap before a single note is played? Its tough enough being underground metal to begin with, why be a minority within a minority. Its like being a black jewish gay guy (who I kind of met once, he was pretty cool, good dancer).
The appeal of a band made up of a vacuum on guitar, an air conditioner on bass, an oscillating fan with a bullet belt wrapped around it on vocals, and a drummer using some old slim jims on a collection of pots, pans, and those big white buckets from a hardware store is lost to me. Thats just me though, I'm not telling anyone who likes it that they shouldn't.
The actual song I thought was alright, I've heard much worse "Winter Dungeon Cult Black Metal," though every band has a different sub-genre. A bit repedative, could've used a lot more changes or skimming down of some parts, especially the clean-toned interlude which was just too long. Production does make it difficult to enjoy, especially the drum sound. Drums are the key to metal, if the drums are lacking, the whole song will suffer. There were spots where I couldn't distinguish between the kick and the snare.
Well thats my two dad's. Er... cents. Constructive criticism. I don't claim to be a fan of trve n3cr0 cvlt black metal, but I didn't shut the song off after 6 seconds grumbling "this is crap" either.

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at May 31,2003 10:16pm
-The appeal of a band made up of a vacuum on guitar, an air conditioner on bass, an oscillating fan with a bullet belt wrapped around it on vocals, and a drummer using some old slim jims on a collection of pots, pans, and those big white buckets from a hardware store is lost to me. Thats just me though, I'm not telling anyone who likes it that they shouldn't. -

poetry man. fucking poetry.

although the drums remind me more of books falling down the stairs.

toggletoggle post by deodiummortis  at Jun 1,2003 12:21am edited Jun 1,2003 12:23am
Haha, books falling down stairs. If you want to hear books falling down strairs recorded in a wind tunnel during a hurricane, check out Galgeras on MFH Productions [http://www.mfhprod.com] the worst necro cult black metal I've ever heard. They're just... terrible. I even read a review of them that said "Galgeras at times makes Darkthrone sound like overproduced, over-polished pop music (Ok, I'm exaggerating a little)."
This is the only band I dislike as much as Khanate. Makes CNV sound like the last Dimmu record.
Trv Dutch Windmill Metal.

toggletoggle post by GG Alison at Jun 1,2003 7:07pm
..... The snare sound is terrible. I like the riffs and vocals alot though. Kinda reminded me of "Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism" by Immortal crossed with Angelcorpse singing... Fire the drummer and throw the 8 track in the garbage and your on your way!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 6,2003 10:21am
ok, I finally got a chance to listen to that mp3.com track. I was really surprise. It's pretty fucking good. I think the issue with the drumming is on the post-production side. Was there a bunch of processing done on them? It sounds like the tom/hi-hats were compressed and then reverbed a little. it makes the snares sound like they are from that program rebirth and makes the toms too short. Considering you are from NH, you did a great job capturing a classic norwiagan black metal sound (the immortal reference above is basically on the mark), plus added a slow bridge that is a distinctly NH sound.

Comparing this to the martyvore track, I like this a lot better, but I'm reviewing the martyvore in a few minutes.

toggletoggle post by Frostheathen at Jun 6,2003 12:35pm
.....It was recorded on an 8 track. I admit the snare is overbearing but it's just a demo recording. I'm glad you like it, I will send you a copy of the 4 song cdr...

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Jun 6,2003 2:20pm
Yeah I like it too. It kind of sounds like the first Immortal album with a bit of Darkthrone. The production didnt bother me.

Paul, I will send out your cd's soon. Anyway you can send me another CNV cd?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 6,2003 2:26pm
besides the drums, the production sounded pretty good on the mp3.

toggletoggle post by The_Day_of_the_Rope  at Jun 10,2003 7:00pm
could someone please point me in the direction of xmikex's accomplishments? i would like to hear any and all recordings, live or studio, that xmikex has done. he has no problem going out of his way to belittle others work, so I am curious as to see what our local hotshot-freshmouth has done himself. I believe whole-heartedly in constructive criticism, but I have zero tolerance for cocksuckers and people that really pour it on, especially when their own achievements are non-existent or sub-par.

Paul has played in several great bands, played and booked many, many, many great shows with other great bands, has put out compilations helping local New England bands to get the word out about themselves, and has contributed a great deal overall to the N.E. underground scene. He also always has a new and different project going, so like it or not, he's doing something constructive, not sitting in a message board harping on others work. Theres a difference between voicing dislike and an opinion, and going out of your way to be a rabid cocksucker.

so mikey, before you go and try to tear down someone else's wall, why don't you try to build one yourself?

lets see whatcha gut fatcunt.

toggletoggle post by paul at Jun 10,2003 9:11pm
..... Let's not get personal here. Last thing I want is to be involved in is the middle of the New England metalcore soap opera. I don't expect everyone to like CNV, in fact I take it as a compliment when hardcore kids hate it. There are way better things to concentrate on than XmikeX...

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Jun 11,2003 3:16am
HAHAHAHA you got mad cuz I didn't like some band. My work here is obviously done. If you're gonna be in a band and you're gonna put your music out there it's a fact of life that people aren't going to like it. Deal. either that or give up, either way it won't ruin my day. Some people are gonna offer "constuctive criticism" and some are just gonna straight out make fun of it. Taking it personally only gives dickheads like me a sense of satisfaction for making you sink to my level (thanks by the way). be a professional about it and deal. Making fun of stupid things is a pretty casual occurance for me, and it makes me laugh when people think I've got some personal vendetta against them or im looking to start some whole ordeal over it. If Im making fun of you it's because I think you're doing soemthing stupid. If my opinion means that much to you then stop doing stupid things. and thats the way it goes for everyone.

as far as my "acomplishments" i was spelling bee champion in 3rd grade, and one time i saw a blimp. that and i was in letters from the dead if you must know. good luck finding the demo because i don't even have one.

ps. arguing about this with me isn't making your band any better. fact.

toggletoggle post by paul at Jun 11,2003 9:33am
day of the rope is not a member of the band and I agree to not be offended by what the fag from letters from the dead thinks. Thanx...

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Jun 11,2003 12:28pm
hahaha if hes not in the band then why does he even care. point for me

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Jun 11,2003 2:11pm

toggletoggle post by The_Day_of_the_Rope  at Jun 11,2003 5:31pm
yeah dude, im not even in the band. so before you show us your explosive diarrhea of your mouth, atleast do your homework. but thats just my point, you dont do your homework. you didnt even pass sandbox.

It's always the ones that have never done SHIT that have the biggest cunts for mouths.

toggletoggle post by paul at Jun 11,2003 5:40pm
....Listen to this kid's joke for a band http://mp3.com/lettersfromthedead

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Jun 11,2003 6:12pm
I'm listening to "song 4". It's a sloppy mess of terrible drumming, out of tune guitars, with weak screams. "Well sir, I don't like it."

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Jun 11,2003 7:18pm
regardless of whos in the band the facts still remain:
. i thoroughly listened to CNV's material on mp3.com
. it was terrible
. i made fun of it
. you all sunk to my level
. i win

toggletoggle post by Paul at Jun 11,2003 8:16pm
Despite the fact that Xmikex is a total fucking loser that has nothing better to do than bitch on a board I listened to his band on mp3 and came to the conclusion that

a. this sucks
b. this really sucks
c. the members are all homosexual
d. xmikex should do everyone a favor and commit suicide

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Jun 11,2003 8:59pm

bOoYa

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Jun 12,2003 6:27am
"i win"

You rule at the internet man! haha awesome.

toggletoggle post by The_Day_of_the_Rope  at Jun 15,2003 11:27pm edited Jun 15,2003 11:27pm
ya, i know right. he rules the 'net doods. watch out fa mikey. he flaps his gummybears all day on the 'net, cuz he needs attention since his canalpal has full blown aids and is on his deathbed shitting into a pan. then when you respond, and give him attention, you have "sunk to his level". he is simply deprived of cock, and needs nurturing by the boys on this board. we're straight kid, so find your way to the All Gay Cock Party room. either that, or lay off the butt-pummeling. your jitbreathe is fumigating this room. it stinks. get tha fuck out.

some 'brookah told me they saw ya pullin outta Pickle Park. you ever suck a cock you didnt like?

PS: thats your new name ok? xmikex will now be referred to as "jitbreathe". by jitbreathe.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 16,2003 2:59am
you sure like gay people an awful lot. quick, come up with another unwitty gay comment before people start to think you're gay.

too late *see above photo*

you're still mad, it's still funny, im still laughing, you're still gay

toggletoggle post by bill cosby at Jun 16,2003 3:42am
day of the rope if you're gay thats fine, i mean i have no problem with you and your homosexuality but there's no need to be in denial by acting all homophobic. i mean come on man, i'll bet you wish you could make love to fabio and shaquelle o'neal and im sorry if the truth hurts but as they say.....denial is the first step and you have a few more to go before you can publicly announce you like having a torn asshole and semen in your mouth.

toggletoggle post by The_Day_of_the_Rope  at Jun 16,2003 11:51pm
sorry picklesmooch, im not on the pink team. and "homophobia" is a hypocrisy. im not scared of fags at all, quite the contrary. so spare me your foolish twiggery-pokery and jewish psychology. "homophobia"....lol.....utter foolishness.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Jun 17,2003 2:06am
AHHHHHHHHHH ITS A FAG !!!!! *has a panic induced heart attack*

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Jun 17,2003 11:04am
i wish seth putnam posted here
that guy is the biggest nazi in massachusetts and it's awesome
and i think he would win any argument against any of you just because he is seth putnam

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 17,2003 11:46am

toggletoggle post by The_Day_of_the_Rope  at Jun 17,2003 2:49pm
spaldino, id make fun of you, but i dislike belittling white's. plus you remond me alot of someone i used to know. you look alot like shane. a long time metal head, who for so long had us all fooled. he is also a long time homosexual. actually you probably are shane. i wouldnt be surprised.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 17,2003 11:13pm
seth putnamns not a nazi, he's just an asshole. a hilarious asshole. he'd tell us that we're all gay.

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Jun 17,2003 11:19pm
actually he is a nazi
i am friends with some people who know him really well
he doesnt read the gay books or listen to gay bands like cold northern vengeance, but he hates jews and blacks and other minorities

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Jun 17,2003 11:47pm
well thats what I am told
and he was posting that kind of stuff on relapse

toggletoggle post by CNV at Jun 18,2003 2:22am
.....Why do you assume things about Cold Northern Vengeance that you don"t even know. Seth Putnam is not a Nazi, first of all! I think Seth Putnam is more interested in gettin fucked up on drugs and alcohol than supporting Nazism.
I am in CNV and am not a national socialist. I am racially aware and from European decent. I support some organizations such as Resistance, National Alliance, Panzerfaust records, etc. I do not support any one ideology exclusively...
If it really matters that much to you and if your frends want toconfont me one on one or even three on one I'll tell you what... You can find out what I look like on the Martyrvore mp3 site on mp3.com. I am the person on the right side.
I go to metal shows all the time at the Paladium and such. So If it means that much to you than let's fight. C'mon down big boy...

toggletoggle post by CNV at Jun 18,2003 2:25am
here's the link for ya http://mp3.com/martyrvore

toggletoggle post by CNV at Jun 18,2003 2:47am
Rev knows me pretty well too... I like the Rev , he's a good guy. So if your at the show and ya wanna know....Rev, do em' the favor and point em' where to go... I ain't scared... Jus ask the Rev...

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Jun 18,2003 2:42pm
i wasnt making fun of anyone... i saw the word "homophobia" and i said said something sarcastic. nothi ng was directed torwards anyone. except this thread... this thread swallows donkey semen

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Broken Psychopathic Visage
[default homepage] [print][11:52:11am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.02260 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]