New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Missing/Stolen Amp by Anthony on Oct 17,2004 3:30pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Anthony at Oct 17,2004 3:30pm
It seems that my amp (Ampeg SVT 3 Pro) was stolen at the Thursday Chopping Block show...

: (

When I left for the night, it was onstage with my cabinet being used by Nefarious. After Nefarious' set, the other two members of our band moved all of our stuff that was still on stage to the back (including my head), so Abhorred could set up.

My band members then moved all of our stuff to our van. They got my cabinet, got all the cords that were attached to my head, and did a final check all over the club, making sure nothing was left behind. Since they didnt find anything, they assumed they had moved everything to the van. Apparently they didnt get my small, two-rackspace head but just didnt notice at the time that it was missing.

If anybody knows anything about this or saw anybody by our gear who seemed out of place or something, please let me know.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 17,2004 3:33pm
sucks

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 17,2004 3:34pm
did you call the block? I'd also email the other bands and check into that if I were you...could just be a mixup.

toggletoggle post by assuck   at Oct 17,2004 6:06pm
this is what happens when all the college douche bags come in at the end of the night.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Oct 17,2004 6:15pm
damn and that's a good amp too. hope u find it man

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Oct 17,2004 6:45pm
that sucks. I still havent found any of my stolen shit. I want to burn down my old studio, if anyone wants to help me, just get in touch.

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Oct 17,2004 6:55pm
lets do it terence

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Oct 17,2004 6:57pm
sounds good. I got some Molotov cocktails.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Oct 18,2004 1:21am
I called and visited the Block on Saturday before the show.

The only other band around (minus Abhorred who were about to play) was Nefarious. Porphyria was already gone except for Tom. Does anyone have an email contact for Nefarious?

I'm gonna call all the Daddy's/Git Centers and pawn shops in the local area in a couple days to see if somebody tried to make some money off of it.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Oct 18,2004 1:28am
Just don't accuse NEFARIOUS of stealing it, cuz it could have just been taken on accident.

You don't want them to get defensive (or pissed even).

toggletoggle post by CongoogetalZobotomy  at Oct 18,2004 1:33am
he wasn't accusing them of stealing it.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Oct 18,2004 1:39am
I dont see anything accusatory about my statement. I'm just following Nick's advice to contact the other bands by email, and Nefarious was the only other band loading out when our stuff was in the Block.

The guys from Nefarious are cool with my band and I'm sure will help me out if they can.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 18,2004 1:39am
I had all my shit stolen once a long time ago. IT SUCKS BAD.
I, since, will never let it happen again, even if it means the next guy cant use my amp if Im leaving. I would rather have some ampless bum a little mad at me, than losing my hard earned shit again.

good luck finding it man....and ya CHECK DADDY'S!!!
the same happened to my buddy not too long ago, and wouldnt you know, a week or so later, in Daddys manch, while browsing new equipment, there is HIS guitar AND amp. long story short, he got it all back, and the scumfuck that stole it, used his REAL NH id!!!!!

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Oct 18,2004 1:41am
powerkok said:
I, since, will never let it happen again, even if it means the next guy cant use my amp if Im leaving. I would rather have some ampless bum a little mad at me, than losing my hard earned shit again.

the same happened to my buddy not too long ago, and wouldnt you know, a week or so later, in Daddys manch, while browsing new equipment, there is HIS guitar AND amp. long story short, he got it all back, and the scumfuck that stole it, used his REAL NH id!!!!!

Thanks man. The thing cost me about $700 and that is alot for my band to lose right now as we're trying to pay for our album to be finished.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Oct 18,2004 2:44am
Anthony said:
It seems that my amp was stolen...

Did I not read that right?

toggletoggle post by Nolin04 at Oct 18,2004 3:10am
powerkok said:

Thats the fukkin truth Kok,!!! Yes!!

That bitch is still on the lamb, and i got all my shit back(my esp, m-302, and my crate2200head

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Oct 18,2004 3:17am
AUTOPSY_666 said:
Anthony said:
It seems that my amp was stolen...

Did I not read that right?

You read it right.

My original post was asking for information. So why shouldnt I contact anybody that was around? All I did was ask for their email address.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Oct 18,2004 3:20am
Also note that I wrote "It seems..."

It wasnt a definitive statement, i.e. "My amp was stolen."

toggletoggle post by the taste of cigarettes at Oct 18,2004 9:06am
good luck dude...hopefully someone saw something, even if it was just a CW member putting the amp on top of the car and it still being on top of there when you drove off, heh heh...

word.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Oct 18,2004 10:02am
I booked Nefarious through Anne Armageddon, so try contacting her to ask them if they grabbed it by accident or something. I don't remember seeing it, but I never went down to the back part of the club.

I know one of the kids who came in at the end of the night, I will ask him if any of his friends grabbed it.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 18,2004 11:10am
man that sucks...i really hope you find it!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 18,2004 11:11am
I just started getting in the habit of taking my head/guitars out of the vehicle right before we go on, and putting it all back right after and never leaving my shit unattended.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 18,2004 11:18am
you guys should install lowjack!

toggletoggle post by assuck   at Oct 18,2004 4:58pm
no one from nefarious has a computer or the internet. i remember one of em telling me that down in r.i.

so you should definitley contact em through anne

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Oct 18,2004 6:46pm
damn man, that sucks to hear. stay on top of those daddys.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Massive Multi-Phallic Flesh
[default homepage] [print][8:48:26am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.04152 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]