New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> what does everyone think about metallica being the "MTV Icon" by Hybrid on Apr 20,2003 1:32am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Hybrid   at Apr 20,2003 1:32am
If you've turned on your television in the last 3 months you've probably seen the plans for the newest addition of "MTV Icon" which is going to be Metallica, where they'll have other famous people come out and do shitty covers and "honor" them. Now some people think metallica has sold out, while others can understand you can only stay in a small space for so long. I just thought it would be interesting to see peoples thoughts on this seeing as how MTV is one of the higest forms of "selling out". i personally am not a big fan of metallica but I think they have done a lot for metal. i dont really have too strong of an opinion, but if im actually home watching tv and its being re-run i might watch some of it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 20,2003 3:26am
when I put in the proposel for my radio show, my main statment was "to never play metallica"
I also think they fucked themselves when they sued napster.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Apr 20,2003 5:58am
on the contrary... their newest effort is getting RAVE reviews. Terrorizer (i believe it was them) said that it is the best material that metallica has ever put their name on. so you cant really count them out yet. besides... load/reload wasnt THAT bad. it just wasnt really metal. and master of puppets is one of thrash's greatest albums... up there with reign in blood, arise and so on... the second St Anger gets leaked onto the net... i will have it and i will review it for you all. another thing... dont get anthrax's newest ablum... THAT fucking sucks.

toggletoggle post by tedonegoodfuck  at Apr 20,2003 2:52pm
...because we all know terrorizer is a reliable authority on worthwhile music commentary.
psssht

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Apr 20,2003 3:55pm
fuck terrorizer.

metal-rules
metal maniacs

are there any other magazines? I think not.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Apr 21,2003 12:31am
i dont even read terrorizer... just passing on what i heard :p

toggletoggle post by AlRavage  at Apr 21,2003 5:38pm
They are pathetic

you can listen to clips from the new album on their website

sounds the same as load, nothing has changed...some songs are longer and they added a couple of 'fast" songs, but they are stylistically still the same band they've been for the past few years and they still suck

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Unknown Astral Doom
[default homepage] [print][10:39:43am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.00999 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]