New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> news story: norwegian rube fights moose with axe by cdan on Oct 5,2004 1:58pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by cdan   at Oct 5,2004 1:58pm
haha, why are norwegians so much more metal than us?

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article884263.ece

Man fights back after moose attack
A man in southern Norway was out looking for tree burls in the woods Monday afternoon when an angry male moose found him instead. The moose went on the attack, but Salvesen fought back, fearing for his life.

Norwegian moose are generally shy and usually run in the opposite direction when encountering humans. In this case, the moose was more than simply aggressive.

"He charged right at me," a shaken Salvesen told local newspaper Fædrelandsvennen in Kristiansand. "I screamed, tried to run and dove behind some trees."

The moose kept pursuing him, Salvesen claimed, so he swung the axe he was carrying to cut wood burls off tree trunks.

"I hit him in one of his back legs and I could see that his leg broke," Salvesen said.

The broken leg didn't stop the moose either, and he swung his head towards Salvesen and tried to trample him with his front legs.

"So I lunged at him again with the axe, and got him in the head this time," Salvesen claimed. "The moose fell and I grabbed his horns, only to get kicked again."

The moose finally retreated and limped into the woods. Salvesen, in shock and with moose hair between his fingers, said he stumbled to the nearest house to get help.

Local wildlife authorities later searched for the wounded moose, but he wasn't found. Salvesen said he's still shaken, not to mention badly bruised.

"It will be a long time before I go wandering in the woods alone again," he said.

Aftenposten English Web Desk

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Oct 5,2004 2:03pm
\m/fucking awesome \m/

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Oct 5,2004 2:57pm
What the fuck is a tree burl and why are they worth going out in the snow to look for them?

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Oct 5,2004 4:59pm
don't fuck with Bullwinkle

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Oct 5,2004 5:01pm
i bet the moose wouldn't have attacked if the man didn't have his penis hanging out of his pants.... the article forgot to mention that

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][5:24:48am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01160 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]