New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Who likes Punk? and why, its not music, talent, or anything! by Mick on Oct 5,2004 1:33pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Mick  at Oct 5,2004 1:33pm
I fuckin hate punk music, its gay it involves no talent, the drum beat is a simple 1-2 rythm, the guitar is usually only two, or three chords back and forth, and the vocals are just yelling (not sreaming: metal screaming involves the fluxuating of the throut muscles/ higher or lower, it involves talent, and practice) stupid ass lyrices about the goverment is this, and the world is a peace of shit. What they need to do is grow some hair on ther balls, and play something technical, and unique!

toggletoggle post by jesus hitler at Oct 5,2004 1:34pm
this is the most realistic fake account yet

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 5,2004 1:35pm
i think the point of most punk is for the message behind the music, they don't give a shit about how difficult the music is to play.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Oct 5,2004 1:41pm
yea. And besides you referred to Nile, Suffocation, Exhumed, Decapitated, and The Black Dahlia Murder as black metal so what would you know? Old Dead Kennedys and Misfits kick ass.

toggletoggle post by jesus hitler at Oct 5,2004 1:42pm
this is clearly a fake account.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Oct 5,2004 2:01pm
i'm not a fan of most punk, but i appreciate the influence it had on some metal bands and the attitude of the music. alot of punk sucks, but there are some good bands, like the misfits and dead kennedys as christraper said.

toggletoggle post by MarkKevorkian  at Oct 5,2004 2:04pm
You are a fucking used tampon. Try listening to some good punk ( Ramones, Dead Boys, Misfits, Crime) and come back. Just because you play something technical does not meen you are good. Case in point Dillenger Escape Plan. Eat a dick and make sure you floss after you fucking fag.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Oct 5,2004 2:06pm
i love punk music...

toggletoggle post by MarkKevorkian  at Oct 5,2004 2:11pm
Disregard anything this douchebag has said. He likes Lamb of Gay

toggletoggle post by blue  at Oct 5,2004 2:12pm
misfits = greatest band ever.

toggletoggle post by MarkKevorkian  at Oct 5,2004 2:13pm
Ramones = greatest band ever
get it right jerkoff

toggletoggle post by jesus hitler at Oct 5,2004 2:17pm
this is obviously a fake account

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Oct 5,2004 2:18pm
punky brewster = best punk ever

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Oct 5,2004 2:37pm
ramones>misfits

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Oct 5,2004 2:44pm
succubus said:
ramones>misfits

No way!!!! Misfits would kick the shit out of the ramones both physically and musically.....so there.

but yea the ramones kick ass too. i didnt know that qualified as punk

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Oct 5,2004 2:45pm
Punk is ok. Some sucks, some is ok. Talent doesn't mean its good music btw. or skill I mean. What is important is Talent when it comes to writing good enjoyable music. One can be a super guitarist but can be very uncreative and suck at creating awsome music.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Oct 5,2004 2:48pm
Christraper said:
but yea the ramones kick ass too. i didnt know that qualified as punk

That's like not knowing Black Sabbath qualifies as metal, or Liberace qualifies as gay.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Oct 5,2004 2:53pm
i already said im not into punk

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 5,2004 2:59pm
punk is essential for music.

that's like saying "Who needs elementary school?!?!? PUT THE 4 YEAR OLDS IN COLLEGE!!!"

It's not the simple, and not everyone can pick up a guitar and do 2 hr tap solos. Punk is a great stepping stone and it's also a great place to come up with new ideas and throw them out there without having to spend 14 hrs perfecting a polyrhythm. That's the beauty of it.

I like hardcore because it was even more stripped down, putting the message above everything else. Look at old Negative Approach videos: All the kids are wearing sweatshirts, jeans, and other dumpy clothes. No one gave a shit, hardcore was for suburbanite losers with no tolerance for getting dumped on.

Though now you get bands with breakdowns saying they are hardcore, that's "new school" versus "old school". When people dump on HC, they should say "new school" or "nu-hardcore" or something. You can't fuck with the old school!

No symphony is without notes -- no music is without simplicity at its core.

toggletoggle post by BAD MOFO at Oct 5,2004 3:08pm
Sex Pistols Rule!!!!!

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 5,2004 3:59pm
Mick said:
I fuckin hate punk music, its gay it involves no talent, the drum beat is a simple 1-2 rythm, the guitar is usually only two, or three chords back and forth, and the vocals are just yelling (not sreaming: metal screaming involves the fluxuating of the throut muscles/ higher or lower, it involves talent, and practice) stupid ass lyrices about the goverment is this, and the world is a peace of shit. What they need to do is grow some hair on ther balls, and play something technical, and unique!

you know jack shit
the misfits owns your sorry ass
dead kennedys are the shit!
screeching weasel, the queers and the ramones = the only pop influenced punk bands worth listening to
G.G. Allin = GOD and every band he played with was punk (except the murder junkies) and evry band he was in was fucking excellent

not to mention crust.....which is a subgenre of punk,with death growls, thicker distortion, grind screams, and a it's a little faster.

most people who bitch about punk don't like grind, and listen to shitty metal, so i don't really think your opinion on it is that important anyway

i really could go on all day

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 5,2004 4:04pm
the_taste_of_cigarettes said:

Though now you get bands with breakdowns saying they are hardcore, that's "new school" versus "old school". When people dump on HC, they should say "new school" or "nu-hardcore" or something. You can't fuck with the old school!

No symphony is without notes -- no music is without simplicity at its core.

good call
nu-hardcore is quite gay (victory records bands basically)

negative approach, angelic upstarts, agnostic front.....that's some fucking good hardcore

toggletoggle post by blue  at Oct 5,2004 4:05pm

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 5,2004 4:06pm
oh!!
i forgot about "gringo" (the best punk band in rhode island)
and the "doosh bags" (the anti-p.c. crust/grind band that formed from current and ex-members of gringo)

2 amazing fucking bands!

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Oct 5,2004 4:19pm
I've always been into punk and I always will. Simple doesn't mean it's bad, actually even for metal the simpler the better. I just don't like it when it gets out of control. I like it raw, simple, and catchy. The lyrics really depends on what punk band you're talking about, some are self destructive, PC, ecowarrior, social...it really depends on the band.
If you listen to some of the early Swedish hardcore bands from the late 80's early 90's, a lot of them remind me of the early black metal bands from Norway.
You must have had a very bad introduction to punk to think like that (maybe Rancid?)

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Oct 5,2004 4:24pm
blue said:

i haveta take your side here, altho i do like the ramones too and a few other punk bands

toggletoggle post by KING NOOSEBOMB at Oct 5,2004 4:43pm
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
FUCKING
RRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by KING NOOSEBOMB at Oct 5,2004 4:44pm
POISON IDEA! PIG CHAMPION WILL CRUSH ANY METAL HEAD WITH HIS FAT ASS!

toggletoggle post by KING NOOSEBOMB at Oct 5,2004 4:50pm
YOU PEOPLE PISS ME OFF!

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Oct 5,2004 5:45pm
haha someone doesn't like punk.

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Oct 5,2004 5:46pm
I like punk. The good punk, not the gay punk.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Oct 5,2004 5:47pm
i hate punk, because i think it sounds like absolute ass

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Oct 5,2004 5:48pm
Kalopsia said:

yeah but you are pushing crotch duster on people, so you obviously know nothing

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Oct 5,2004 6:16pm edited Oct 5,2004 6:17pm
FUCK THE RAMONES

the ramones are way too overrated- yes theyre good and were a large influence on punk rock as well as many other musical genres but i just dont like them
the sex pistols suck
fuck new misfits, michael graves sucks

old misifts with chuck and eerie von and glenn and shit, they were amazing, huge influence not only for me but many others

now that the 3 main bands we talked about are done all of you have forgotten a lot of other awesome punk bands who were big influences- the founders of punk rock Television (who influenced the ramones), Poxy, Filth (AWESOME crust, amazing band), Chaos UK, OLD Gbh (city baby attacked by rats, etc), descendents, old unseen, attak, black flag with dez and henry, blanks 77, combat 84, old freeze, oxymoron, brainbats (more psychabilly), the profits, subhumans, the ejected, tommy and the terrors, condemned 84, peter and the test tube babies, oi polloi

so fuck mick the imposter in his gay ass
there is good punk out there you just need to find it

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Oct 5,2004 6:18pm
Fuck the Ramones?

If you really hate the Ramones but are putting Tommy and the Terrors and the Profits in the same league as The Freeze and Filth, then you are retarded.

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Oct 5,2004 6:23pm
how so?
and btw i didnt mean to bash them im just not a big fan, when i first started liking punk i was wicked into the ramones but theyre music just ended up boring me

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Oct 5,2004 6:25pm
Mick said:
and the vocals are just yelling (not sreaming: metal screaming involves the fluxuating of the throut muscles/ higher or lower, it involves talent, and practice)

I'm not that into punk either, but that was laughably retarded. I'm dumbstruck.

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Oct 5,2004 6:28pm
Chaos UK, GBH, and Black Flag rule.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Oct 5,2004 6:31pm
i unfortunatley must admit that punk was a gateway for me to then experience crust... which led to a love of grind... and here i am today... but about 95% of it nowadays sucks balls... at the same time, i am a big MDC fan, even though thats technically not nowadays... but i also lost a trend hopping bitch i once loved that turned her back on me, her friends, and a love of metal to jump head first into the local punk "scene" and pretend she was there all her life... anyway... im rambling

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Oct 5,2004 6:40pm
"old misifts with chuck and eerie von and glenn and shit, they were amazing, huge influence not only for me but many others"

haha you know TONS about your influences pal.

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Oct 5,2004 6:59pm
sorry prickhole its been a while i meant chud and doyle
i was thinking danzigs drummer chuck biscuits

toggletoggle post by Jellyfish at Oct 5,2004 7:08pm
i like the sex pisstols and dead kennedys. I also like a lot of Oi! and streetpunk. decapitated is the best black metal band ever.

toggletoggle post by Jellyfish at Oct 5,2004 7:10pm
also, i fucking despise anti-flag. i thought id add that.

toggletoggle post by MarkKevorkian  at Oct 5,2004 7:23pm
Josiah the Black you are an idiot
You say fuck the Ramones, but then say Unseen is good
You obviously don't know shit about punk so really your comments meen shit

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Oct 5,2004 7:35pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
Kalopsia said:

you're just pissed off because crotch duster isn't signed to notcommon records. so

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Oct 5,2004 7:38pm
MarkKevorkian said:
Josiah the Black you are an idiot
You say fuck the Ramones, but then say Unseen is good
You obviously don't know shit about punk so really your comments meen shit

no moron i said old unseen which was good back in the day and then i also said that i had gotten bored of the ramones and that i didnt mean to sound like i was bashing them

toggletoggle post by MarkKevorkian  at Oct 5,2004 8:01pm
What is old Unseen, how long have they been around 8 years. Those kids grew their mohawks in a matter of one week. One week they were just ordinary losers the next week they had the spikes and the whole getup. How can you have an album called lower class crucifixion and be from Hingham, one of the richest towns in the south shore?

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Oct 5,2004 8:02pm
You guys remember that local punk band Darkbuster? They had a song about how much they hated The Unseen

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Oct 5,2004 8:03pm
Eh.... Hingham is the burbs, but I don't think it's anywhere near the "one of the richest" echelon.

Ah fuck it. I'm out of this thread.

toggletoggle post by Jellyfish at Oct 5,2004 8:05pm
i cant stand the unseen.

toggletoggle post by MarkKevorkian  at Oct 5,2004 8:08pm
Compared to Weymouth it's pretty fucking rich. Have you ever seen where those assholes lived? Their parents drive BMWs

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Oct 5,2004 8:34pm
Dissector said:
You guys remember that local punk band Darkbuster? They had a song about how much they hated The Unseen

i think darkbuster played at a club nearby here (cape cod)
well its actually this little place that used to have shows but now its just a place where mallcore kids hang out

toggletoggle post by aliciagrace  at Oct 5,2004 8:50pm
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ogID=4917793&Mytoken=20041005174702

maybe its not all that related...but..then again i havent read this whole thread and everyones comments, i just felt like spreading around my thoughts..Meh..

toggletoggle post by HOSER at Oct 5,2004 9:02pm
punk is for untalented fags.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 5,2004 10:16pm
I am glad we are taling about punk

Joe mentioned Filth. Good band!!!!

dude AUS ROTTEN?!??! HOLY FUCK!!! I will take Aus Rotten over so many other bands.

:30 Seconds over Tokyo was good. Ever hear that guy solo?? Or their cover of Ace Of Spades? Not the best band ever but one of my favorite punk bands at the time.

i also love The Trouble, The Bruisers, Violent Society, and of COURSE The Pist.

toggletoggle post by nick   at Oct 5,2004 10:29pm
i think punk is pretty boring.
but i like page 99 alot if that counts for anything.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Oct 5,2004 10:56pm
i'd rather listen to skitsystem than alot of metal.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 5,2004 11:27pm
nick said:

my complaint with pg99 is that if you're gonna have a band with 8-10 members, make it sound like 8-10 members and not 4-5 guys. I don't think they pulled that off well...now SHANIQUA & THE SKULLFUCKERS sounds like 6-7 guys, and that's what they is. Sure, it's cacophonous, but is it crazy!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 5,2004 11:46pm
whoa the Ramones definately don't suck guy. i need to post my list of vinyl, it's mostly all punk.

toggletoggle post by reuben  at Oct 6,2004 2:11am
Mick, I feel very sorry for you.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Oct 6,2004 2:21am
ohh i don't think i saw Tragedy mentioned at all either

toggletoggle post by KING NOOSEBOMB at Oct 6,2004 9:00am
THIS MESSAGE BOARD SHOULD BE CALLED "RETURN TO THE PUNK"

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Oct 6,2004 9:38am
Kalopsia said:
Joe/NotCommon said:
Kalopsia said:

you're just pissed off because crotch duster isn't signed to notcommon records. so

I don't sign failed joke bands.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Oct 6,2004 9:40am
Not that I am a huge fan of the Unseen, but what does it matter where they were born. If that was the case, then I should be listening to the Dropkick Murphys, but I realize they are a talentless gimmick band. I'd quiz them on real irish history anyday.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Oct 6,2004 11:23am
Josiah_the_Black said:
sorry prickhole its been a while i meant chud and doyle
i was thinking danzigs drummer chuck biscuits

Chud wasn't in the old Misfits either.
So, now what are you going to tell us you meant to say?

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Oct 6,2004 11:24am
He meant to say Danzig is the primal beast.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Oct 6,2004 11:32am
orgymaggotfeast said:
G.G. Allin = GOD and every band he played with was punk (except the murder junkies)

How are the Murder Junkies not a punk band?

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 6,2004 11:39am
Josiah_the_Black said:
FUCK THE RAMONES

the ramones are way too overrated- yes theyre good and were a large influence on punk rock as well as many other musical genres but i just dont like them
the sex pistols suck
fuck new misfits, michael graves sucks

old misifts with chuck and eerie von and glenn and shit, they were amazing, huge influence not only for me but many others

now that the 3 main bands we talked about are done all of you have forgotten a lot of other awesome punk bands who were big influences- the founders of punk rock Television (who influenced the ramones), Poxy, Filth (AWESOME crust, amazing band), Chaos UK, OLD Gbh (city baby attacked by rats, etc), descendents, old unseen, attak, black flag with dez and henry, blanks 77, combat 84, old freeze, oxymoron, brainbats (more psychabilly), the profits, subhumans, the ejected, tommy and the terrors, condemned 84, peter and the test tube babies, oi polloi

so fuck mick the imposter in his gay ass
there is good punk out there you just need to find it

i agree with most of what you said
but
1.american psycho (the first misfits album with graves) rocked
2.chuck and eerie were never in the fucking misfits, you're thinking of samhain
3.the sex pistols were great1 and a shitload of awesome bands (metal and punk) are fans of/are influenced by them.

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 6,2004 11:41am
Josh_Martin said:
orgymaggotfeast said:
G.G. Allin = GOD and every band he played with was punk (except the murder junkies)

How are the Murder Junkies not a punk band?

dude.....the murder junkies are playing punk now

bu the last album they made with G.G. was pretty thrashy

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 6,2004 11:46am
Dissector said:

my old punk band (the S.T.D.'s) played a show with darkbuster....it sucked
my guitarist was all drunk and did'nt know what he was doing and threw me off, so i sounded like shit, so darkbuster spent half their set making fun of our set.
i just made jokes right back though, because they suck balls!

although i did like the "Doosh Bags" cover of their anti-unseen song.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Oct 6,2004 11:47am
Any album with that many riffs stolen from the MC5 is a punk album.

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 6,2004 11:48am
HOSER said:
punk is for untalented fags.

shut up limp wrist

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 6,2004 11:49am
if you say so josh

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 6,2004 11:50am
nick said:

page 99 is in no way punk

bunch of artsy fags

toggletoggle post by KING NOOSEBOMB at Oct 6,2004 11:55am
LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by KING NOOSEBOMB at Oct 6,2004 12:09pm
HEY JOSH WERE YOUR CATS WALKING BACKWARDS LAST NIGHT?

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][4:59:02pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.03195 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]