New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Remember the Cape show (Dennis Senior Center)?? by nate on Sep 21,2004 1:20pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by nate (leukorhea) at Sep 21,2004 1:20pm
Just for the fuck of it I figured I'd post what I had to go through to get that show and just how hard it is to do shows here. The following are the minutes from the meeting with the Selectmen that I had to attend to get the show.... Note that I did fib a bit to get it but...

----------
Carleton Hall Rental Request for Rock Concert:
Nathan DeMontigny explained that he was requesting to rent Carleton Hall on 6/19/04 from 4AM – 12AM to host a going away party for a friend entering the military, he also requested permission to have four rock band groups perform, with electric amplification and drums and with approximately 50 – 75 individuals in attendance.

Chair Trepte turned the gavel over to the Licensing Chair Crowell.

R. Canevazzi explained that a one-day entertainment request was generally processed through his office for approval. However, this requested involved having 3-4 rock band groups entertaining in a Town building, with a 12AM closure. He noted minutes from a 1992 Board of Selectmen's meeting where rock concerts were prohibited at Carelton Hall.

D. Trepte discussed with Mr. DeMontigny the number of individuals he expected at the event, which was approximately 75, and that he planned to have soda and chips available.

Mr. DeMontigny explained to J. Otis that he was in one of the bands and that his friend was another of the bands and they were friends with members of the other groups. He confirmed with Ms. Otis that he would be in charge of the event. He would have a door person to monitor who came into the building.

P. McCormick discussed whether the event was open to the public. Mr. DeMontigny stated his intent was to distribute flyers in local music stores and the event would be open to the public.

Licensing Chair Crowell discussed the last minute scheduling of the event. Mr. DeMontigny explained that he started the paperwork in the previous week.

J. Otis discussed the duality of the event where Mr. DeMontigny was hosting a friend's going away party; but also holding an open event to the public and voiced her concern relating to the openness of the event.

P. McCormick discussed his concern regarding the ability to control the event. He questioned when the friend was leaving for the military. The friend was leaving in approximately two weeks.

J. Otis stated that she could support the request more if the bands were scheduled down to two bands, by invitation only and limited to 100 people total, required a police detail and scheduled to end at 10 or 11 PM. Mr. DeMontigny responded that 10 PM would be a little early and it would be difficult to limit to two bands..

D. Trepte discussed whether the Dennis Senior Center would be a better location than Carleton Hall, as it was a larger facility with more parking.

Mr. DeMontigny would be able to close up shop at 10 PM if there were complaints.

Mr. DeMontigny indicated they would be charging and the money would be given to his friend to help him out.

P. McCormick was not concerned over the number of bands, but whether the music could be heard outside and recommended Mr. DeMontigny look into the availability of the Senior Center. He was concerned over the parking and supported limiting the number to 100 and closing at 11PM.

Robert Koscso questioned whether they would be making any noise outside the building. Mr. DeMontigny responded that all tuning up would be done between bands inside the building.

Howard Anderson, Dennis resident, questioned the noise level in the area and zoning restrictions.

Agnes Chatelain indicated that if this was normal use of the building that the request should be reviewed favorably.

J. Otis moved that the Board of Selectmen approve the one- (1) day entertainment application of Nathan DeMontigny, 515 Main St., W. Dennis for the use of Carleton Hall on Saturday, June 19, 2004 from 4PM – 11PM for a send-off party for a friend with the following restrictions:
· The number of entertainers allowed 10-20;
· The number of instruments allowed 5 – 15; with 4 amplifiers for rock music;
· No more than 4 singers;
· A required security deposit of $500,
· A police detail for car traffic and door maintenance;
· Number of patrons limited to 100 (including band members and staff), no re-entry allowed;
· No Loitering allowed outside of building;
· No Music can be heard outside; and doors & windows of building are required to be closed.

P. McCormick seconded, the Board of Selectmen voted and the motion carried 4-0-0

P. McCormick moved that the Board of Selectmen require the same conditions for the application of Mr. DeMontigny for the Dennis Sr. Center if it is available for the night of this event. J. Otis seconded, the Board of Selectmen voted and the motion carried 4-0-0.
----------

Note that the board unanimously voted for this to happen!!! Sometimes you got to go into things with a little knowledge and insight. I searched a whole bunch of laws and precedents about things like this on Cape and was equipped enough to do battle with these mofo's, in their own house, and defeat them. That was the first battle.... Something new is in the works... more news later!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 21,2004 1:31pm
hahaha that is rediculous....

" The number of instruments allowed 5 – 15; with 4 amplifiers for rock music;
· No more than 4 singers; "

HAHAHA WTF?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 21,2004 1:31pm
old people fucking suck. hurry up and die.

toggletoggle post by aegathis  at Sep 21,2004 2:55pm
Yes i do rememeber. I also seem to remember how we found out last minute that we needed to come up with 800 dollars for a deposit or the show would not happen. I also recall contributing 610 dollars toward that amount. I also seem to recall a certain band showing up late and forcing my band that i loved soo much, to play a much shorter set list, and a certain sound man taking his sweet time setting up, and i guess not doing anything about my microphone which was not working.I guess I shouldnt complain that much considering the fact that it took us only a few minutes to get there compared to all the other bands, but unless i can rebuild Coffin birth for sure this show was our last show, and definatly not that way i think we shoulda gone out.
Other than that it was a pretty rockin show and it seemed as if everyone had a good time for the most part and i cant wait to have another show on my own turf again. And i really hope none of us especially Nate have to go through any of this bullshit about getting a show together on cape again. I also hope the next time we do this that Skinny Puppy doesnt play the same night.

toggletoggle post by nate (leukorrhea) at Sep 21,2004 2:56pm
yeah they do suck, but you can always get around their geriatric ways! If I have to do this for every show I will, but hopefully I now have set a precedent with the town and the next show will be easier and less costly...

toggletoggle post by nate (leukorrhea) at Sep 21,2004 2:58pm
but you're not bitter right Anthony? BAHAHA! j/k man!

toggletoggle post by aegathis  at Sep 21,2004 3:03pm
nah

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 21,2004 6:13pm
ALAN POST SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING PICTURES FROM THIS SHOW!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by mammalsauce  at Sep 21,2004 6:36pm
If this is the show i think it is josh than i have those pictures of when you guys played and the pit was tiny but insane

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 21,2004 6:42pm
wall of fucking death.
this chick in ecuador fucked up taking pictures of circle pit of at least 75 people while we we're playing.
you rule kiddo!

toggletoggle post by Soloman   at Sep 21,2004 9:37pm
Thats sick that you did all that just to set it up. That show was a great time.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Sep 21,2004 9:46pm
Get that cop again. I wanna get in her pants.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Sep 21,2004 10:29pm
that show was one of my favs i've been too, so fucking sweet!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 21,2004 10:33pm
Shit Nate, I just read that whole write up. I was concerned about the process of setting up shows down there cause I remember you talking about all the hops you had to jump through to get this shit going, gawd damn man, you busted your ass for this!
CAPE COD HAS THE BEST METAL SCENE IN MASS!!

toggletoggle post by aegathis  at Sep 21,2004 10:38pm
HA!!

toggletoggle post by aegathis  at Sep 21,2004 10:38pm
HAHA!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 21,2004 10:39pm
i shit you not.

toggletoggle post by aegathis  at Sep 21,2004 10:40pm
It has no scene actually, just Leukorrhea and a few others, all the bands came from off cape to that show.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 21,2004 10:41pm
yeah i know but i like the people there more than anywhere else in mass.

toggletoggle post by aegathis  at Sep 21,2004 11:17pm
ahh cool man

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Sep 21,2004 11:24pm
The cape show had more kids than any Boston show, ever.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 21,2004 11:54pm
Because Boston shows are 21+ and the Cape show was all ages.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Sep 22,2004 12:18am
Terence said:
The cape show had more kids than any Boston show, ever.

wow i can't believe that, we should make a show in a few months advance and promote the hell out of it, it'd be even bigger i bet, from what i remember that show was only put together in a few weeks right?

toggletoggle post by aegathis nli at Sep 22,2004 12:22am
More like less than a week actually. It had been Allens idea for a while but ofcoarse he waited till the last minute to actually try and get a place, and therefore left just about all of it up to Nate. If we had a few weeks we woulda had more people easily.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Sep 22,2004 12:33am
AUTOPSY_666 said:
Because Boston shows are 21+ and the Cape show was all ages.

even all ages shows around here do poorly jon, you should know that.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 22,2004 1:15am
Are you ever going to spell 'John' properly?

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Sep 22,2004 1:16am
apparently not. Jon Dywer.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][11:22:49am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01599 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]