New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> april 4th - american legion Orange, CT by heartless on Apr 5,2003 12:58am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by heartless   at Apr 5,2003 12:58am
i dont believe how many times i got hit in the face with a large black dildo. what a fucking strange night. too many bands.

toggletoggle post by yea at Apr 5,2003 1:50am
and alot of them sucked

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 5,2003 5:18am
I'm just back now.
4 hours to drive home.
but I'm FUCKING STUPID.
Please please please, someone tell me they picked up my battery charger. it's a 3" X 2 1/2" X 2" box with a plug attached to it. I left it but the windows beside the "stage".
Please, if you have it or found it, please tell me.
I can't do any shows until I get that back or get a new one!

I'm working on the pictures now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 5,2003 5:50am
http://www.returntothepit.com/concert.php?date=2003-04-04&did=1055
the pictures are up.
I'm going to sleep.
need to get up in 2 hours.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 5,2003 6:07am
oh, the battery pack charger says Nikon on it.
thanks

toggletoggle post by josh at Apr 5,2003 11:06am
To some of the people who have been e-mailing me as to why the Black Book Diaries didn't show up...we're in the middle of a a member change and a member addition as well as all brand new songs. We'll be premiering again in April at the UMass show.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 5,2003 2:33pm
man, lots and lots of horribly pictures. it took me two bands to figure out camera settings that worked well...
WB: flash sync; ISO 200,400,640, and 800;flash level-.7 to -1.7

when I got there, the PA hadn't shown up yet and black book diaries wasn't there. So the show had to wait for the PA to show up. Also, FBC was suppose to be not able to make it.. but they showed up later. IOW, the show started later than it was suppose to.

bleeding daylight: not bad, though the PA was really distorted. You could tell they really haven't played shows cause their stage-comfort leave is low. After a few more, they will find their live niche.

cease to exist: I'm always a little skeptical about bands that mention their own name a lot. I’m not talking about live, but on recordings. Their CD sounds a bit too much like hatebreed. However, live, they don’t. It’s tough hardcore and worth seeing live.

violent reality: When ever I see these guys, I find it weird that the bassplayer is the one that runs around while the singer hangs back.

swear to god: the last band that had to deal with a overblown PA. I think the guy that was their singer for l show at fat cat’s was there. I believed that he grabbed the mic too.

knife fight romance: (featuring members of chagrin) I don’t think anyone at that venue knew them so they didn’t really dance around.

the breathing process: I missed a bunch of good shots cause my camera battery died (hence leaving my charger behind). I was a little too busy running in and out to charge my battery.

dying in sin: as always, they tore it up. And they even brought along miss pillows to sing (though she had to fight for the mic). I’m not sure if they brought the new PA with them or not, but their vocals sounded the best over that system.

fight night: short set, lots of yelling “FAGGOT!”. I’m waiting for the DVD to come out. Should be pretty good. The last performance was a lot better.

untold truth: back again in their home-turf. I should check out mp3s to see what they sound like recorded. It’s always a little chaotic live. Lots of hand plants, cartwheels, and people grabbing the mic.

bury your dead: re-incarnated. The new drummer is Chris (failsafe device) and one of the singers from the failsafe device/til the death who’s name escapes me right now. His vocals aren’t nearly powerful enough yet. He’s got to work on that (granted is didn’t help that the mic kept coming unplugged). The new drummer seems to have it down though. I was OUTMATCH camera-wise. Someone had a mamiya camera… not digital, but I looked at the price-tag on a mamiya film camera and with a lense it was $9,999. probably the best cameras.

the acacia strain: the shocker was in full effect, all 3-guitars members again. I’m seeing a trend, the closer to Springfield, the higher the chance of all 3 guitarists. It was late by this time, but the crowd still danced around for them.

full blown chaos: when I got there, someone told me that they weren’t playing cause of someone in the band busting an ear drum. the vocals were a little weak sounding, but I think that was the PA. Usually, they are a lot more powerful. I looked down and for some reason, when I looked up, there was trash all over the place.

shattered realm: I’m not quite sure what went on… people, things, and junk was thrown EVERYWHERE. A broom was thrown into a wall where it stuck. I’ve never heard these guys, but it sounded like it would have been really good, but maybe it was the fact it was really late and everyone was cranky, but I doubt there will be another show at that “venue” again. Sad cause the 2 shows I’ve been to there have been really good.

oh, I just found out that justin and alex found and are mailing me my charger. I can stop freaking out now.

toggletoggle post by heartless   at Apr 5,2003 3:03pm
i dont know about this... a broom got thrown into the wall ? geez i left after the acacia strain, and i already had a feeling this place was gonna get banned for shows, but NOW im pretty sure of it. damnit that place was really really cool. oh well... i wonder how many other venues will be next...

toggletoggle post by Noah at Apr 5,2003 9:09pm
I had a lot of fun last night. Everyone played well. The acacia strain especially blew me away. I had never seen them live but listen to them quite often. A whole lotta goin on. And that huge black dildo....i saw it at the bury your dead reunion show last week and hope to never see it again. It seemed more people dodge and avoid the dong rather then someone dancing near the sides. Haha fully understandable. I love Shattered Realm but the destruction of property went a little too far. At least there wasn't any chair to face contact. I hope there will be more shows there. I had a lot of good times at that place. i'd hate to see it go.

toggletoggle post by PrincessDanielle  at Apr 6,2003 6:48pm
The show was awesome, except for the people that thought it was ok to break shit.
Yet another place that we wont be able to have shows at again.

toggletoggle post by BDdrummer at Apr 6,2003 7:57pm
ya the show is great. even though i was laying in my car with chest pains that i'm still having. Kinda pissed at all the assholes who decided to get drunk and smash beer bottles in the back parking lot. we lost our down payment because of all the damage. Thanks to everyone who came out it was a blast. i'm kinda upset that the fact that it was a bunch of adults and they acted like idiots and lost another venue to play shows in CT since there are very few left now as it is. i think we need to start making better choices here or else we are gonna have to drive to Mass to have shows. but it was still a lot of fun thanks to all the bands that came out you made it one of the best shows i've seen in a while. i'm still upset that Bleeding Daylight had such a shitty set. i think i was the only person who didnt have a problem eveyrone else had technical shit going on all i had was a broken stick. oh well to late now. maybe the next show will be better......

toggletoggle post by pj  at Apr 9,2003 12:39am
I basically just went to see the acacia strain, the breathing process and knife fight romance... Unfortunately, I had to wade through all of the tough guy bullshit, littering, petty fights and venue disctruction to get to them. Also, I was creeped out by all of the sketchy 14 year old sluts hanging out in the back who seemd to promptly dissapear at 10:30, most likely trying to make their curfews. Man, I hate the scene, but I made it into a bunch of acacia strain photos, singin' my heart out with miss pillows and that breathing process kid who's 16 but looks 26. Sweet.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Unhallowed Rebel Hellstorm
[default homepage] [print][7:43:57am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01117 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]