New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> OCTOBER 8th - GORATORY / PORPHYRIA / YMER / TASTE OF SILVER / SUFFERING BASTARD - Providence, RI by RustedAngel on Sep 10,2004 4:17pm
Add To All Your Pages!
Oct 8, 2004 Safari Lounge (Providence, RI)
goratory - 2004-10-08
Goratory(77)
flash animated slider show
porphyria - 2004-10-08
Porphyria(52)
randomshots - 2004-10-08
Randomshots(7)
suffering_bastard - 2004-10-08
Suffering Bastard(43)
the_taste_of_silver - 2004-10-08
the_taste_of_silver(36)
ymer - 2004-10-08
Ymer(24)

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 10,2004 4:17pm edited Sep 10,2004 4:25pm

one word...FREE

fullsize image:
http://www.porphyria666.com/images/flyer_040810.jpg

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 10,2004 6:12pm
You get what you pay for!

jk

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 10,2004 7:32pm
watch it toughguy.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 10,2004 7:37pm
No shit.

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Sep 10,2004 8:23pm

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 11,2004 2:03am
OOOOOH THIS SHOW?!??! COOL!! "Eventide" by Year Of Our Lord is sooo good.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 11,2004 4:02pm
nick, ya just heard tyool?

man, i fuckin remember them playing with forty days rain n' shit at safe n' sound.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 11,2004 5:19pm
I just rediscovered them...TOS was hugely influenced by them when we first started, and recently I put on the Frozen Divide and the first album again.

oh man oh man so good.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 12,2004 11:13am
bim bam boom.

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin nli at Sep 12,2004 12:38pm
sucks that our show is the sme as this one..I want so see fuckin goratory damn it.

toggletoggle post by blue nli at Sep 12,2004 3:01pm
RustedAngel said:
nick, ya just heard tyool?

man, i fuckin remember them playing with forty days rain n' shit at safe n' sound.

hah. forty days rain, we played with them over 2 years ago. on another note, this is hella ghey that goratory is playing the same night we are playing, making not being able to attend this awesomeness. grrr.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 13,2004 10:37am
must have been way over 2 years ago, jesus.. they broke up a long time ago...along with ookla the mok, then came cannae.

i can't wait for october.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 14,2004 4:50pm
i heard this was the only show on october 8th... i could be wrong?

wait, this is the only FREE SHOW... that's right...

toggletoggle post by xtomx nli at Sep 14,2004 6:02pm
not to mention sexy

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 14,2004 6:32pm
AUTOPSY_666 said:
You get what you pay for!

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 14,2004 7:32pm
this show is free, so everyone can rock out for free.

free willy!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 14,2004 10:24pm
+ the most technical death metal band in new england is playing this, that's got to count for something.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 15,2004 12:09am
yeah, and so is Goratory!!!!!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 15,2004 9:22am
the_taste_of_cigarettes said:
yeah, and so is Goratory!!!!!

i wasn't talking about us. hahaha. jesus.

toggletoggle post by Goratory/Pillory Drummer at Sep 15,2004 11:19am
Well, thanks for the compliment, i agree. It's not only about being technical, but being tight at the same time.

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Sep 15,2004 11:22am
Goratory/Pillory Drummer said:
Well, thanks for the compliment, i agree. It's not only about being technical, but being tight at the same time.

I need to see you fuckers damn it...i have sexual intercorpes and orgasm induced diarrhea and they are sick fuckin disks

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 15,2004 11:22am edited Sep 15,2004 11:23am
HHHAAHA, NO PROB BOB.

yeah, being tight is important, otherwise you're not really that technical if all you can hear is @#J$#@J$KLJ#@J$L#JK$#@J$!!

I heard that al's butt is pretty tight.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 15,2004 5:12pm
kill all people

toggletoggle post by Goratory/Pillory Drummer at Sep 16,2004 2:46am
Anyways, the new stuff makes Sexual Intercorpse and Orgasm look like a joke. Jay had alot to learn drum wise.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 16,2004 11:07am
Jay's still an awesome drummer anyways... I'm better than both of you combined at drums, too bad I don't have a kit.

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Sep 16,2004 4:17pm
Darren, get a god damn Rttp name.

toggletoggle post by Goratory/Pillory Drummer at Sep 16,2004 5:10pm
This is my name on here, it can't be anyone else. I don't spend enough time on here though to register somethin.

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Sep 16,2004 5:32pm
it stays on your computer though so you don't have to type that in everytime. Plus, you can be cool like the rest of us.

toggletoggle post by Goratory/Pillory Drummer at Sep 16,2004 5:37pm
Email me about practice already, or call me. Don't be unprofessional

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Sep 16,2004 5:43pm
hahaha, suck it. I'll e-mail you right now sexy. I have no idea where Zach is cause I can't call him. Also, you have to call Adam

toggletoggle post by Goratory/Pillory Drummer at Sep 16,2004 10:19pm
and i am sexy

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Sep 16,2004 10:31pm
This is my name on here, it can't be anyone else. I don't spend enough time on here though to register somethin.

DUDE!! you've posted somewhere around 10 other times since you said this. Make me happy baby and register that name. Your computer will automatically keep you signed in.

toggletoggle post by TOC nli at Sep 17,2004 9:48am
bump

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 20,2004 8:20am
eat shit

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 20,2004 10:51am
I am gonna make flyers for this this week so I can hand them out at our show Saturday, and maybe schlepp down to RI to get some in locals' hands.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 20,2004 12:22pm
awesome nick! i'm going to print up a bunch of flyers for our woonsocket show on saturday...with anoxia...hopefully we don't get beaten up

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 20,2004 12:23pm
did I mention that I'm incredibly psyched for this show...

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 20,2004 1:03pm
yeah I really hope it draws a good size crowd. I mean, i did my best to put together a good bill that the bands AND the fans will enjoy, and make it as cheap as possible and easy to get to (the bus from MA to Providence stops up the street).

we shall see, but i think it's great that the SL lets stuff like this happen. For free. WOO YEAH! I at least get to play with two bands i have seen live and thoughgt RIPPED IT THE FUCK UP which is Porphyria and sufferingbastard. Plus EVERYONE says goratory live is like two orgasmss simultaneously.

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Sep 20,2004 1:04pm
taste, I got your email. i'll try to let you know today.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 20,2004 4:51pm

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 20,2004 4:58pm

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 22,2004 9:15am

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 26,2004 11:56pm edited Sep 27,2004 12:01am
hump, Eviltracy in the house!
Chooch, have you ever been served? What are your thoughts going into this? Is it true the Departed will be there? <--- that's me acting like a FOX news reportah.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 27,2004 12:18am
thank you for bumpinjg this!!! I was looking for it earlier and couldn't find it, didn't want to start a new thread.

Kudos!

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 27,2004 11:25am
kjhjkhjkhjk

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 27,2004 4:19pm
hump

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 27,2004 5:00pm
bump for penile stumps

toggletoggle post by scoracrasia   at Sep 27,2004 6:36pm
Any of you sick fucks in Goratory want to shoot me off some flyers and i will litter the Cape with them. Let me know through here and I will e-mail you my mailing address. I also want to set up a show with Nate and have you guys come down again. good show last time you were here by the seaside!

toggletoggle post by scoracrasia   at Sep 27,2004 8:20pm
bump

toggletoggle post by nick   at Sep 27,2004 8:37pm
if this wernt 21+ id be completely down for this.
im thinking i might try to grow a mustache by then and see if i can get in with that.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 27,2004 9:18pm
I heard that you can get in the Safari if you are under 21, really.

I heard they don't even check.

Just don't be a douche and try and buy booze, or show up three sheets to the wind.

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Sep 27,2004 10:39pm
yo, i don't have a printer so i have no way of making flyers for shows so if anybody can hook me up with one for this i can bring it to a copy machine. Someone let me know if i can hook up with them somtime to grab one.

Also, taste of silver, once we get directions to the cd release show, could you hook me up with a flyer so i can make copies.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 27,2004 10:42pm
you mean a sweet flyer like this?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 27,2004 10:49pm
this is what i do to people that don't go to free fucking shows...it's FUCKING FREE...pay a dollar or two to the bands, kids!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 27,2004 10:55pm
um I think Seth can print up a bunch, I'll hook you up.

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Sep 27,2004 10:57pm
thanks man. DUDE i just read that post about ANB fucking amazing.

toggletoggle post by bolognabitchtit at Sep 27,2004 11:32pm
Hey my boobies are the cats ass

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 27,2004 11:48pm
hey goratory -

oh damn I just remember a long time ago you saying you didn't want to play last...is that still something you don't want to do? I think most people are coming to see you guys, so I'm worried if i put you in the middle I'll hurt anyone playing after you. Thoughts?

toggletoggle post by Goratory/Pillory_Drummer  at Sep 28,2004 12:53am
Well, we'd like to go on when we think people that want to see us are there. I've just found that kids clear out early even if there is a headliner. So, if the show is running late, i think it's only fair that people that can't stay out that late get to see us. If alot of people are coming to see us, then they'll be there 3 bands in i'm sure. Thoughts?

toggletoggle post by Goratory/Pillory_Drummer  at Sep 28,2004 12:54am
If we do have to headline, i'd like to get a back line set up with a sound check. Drums, and cabs. Thoughts?

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 28,2004 1:00am
Thoughts?
Oh jeez let me see, what do I think bout this one? Hmmm... ok boss PLAY FUCKING LAST. Your a pussy if you don't want to. Any band that asks for a guarentee and is professional would be doing that. Plus I kinda wanna work the night at factory of terror that nigth and show up with my face on. What time does Goratory go on? Don't worry Darren I'll help you break down your drums.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Sep 28,2004 1:06am
Time to break down the castle. Im also going to arrive late, so, I think you boys should play last, you can definitely carry it!

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 28,2004 1:10am
Trust me when i say the PA there is pretty cro mag. You can sound check if you like, I don't know how well it will go but I'm all for it if you want it.

Most people said they are coming later. if you want, it SB can headline since they are local.

what do you think of this?:

sufferingbastard
Goratory
Porphyria
The Taste of silver
Ymer

?

I just want to make sure SB has a crowd since they were nice enough to do this, but they aren't quite Goratory.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 28,2004 1:11am
or this:

Goratory
sufferingbastard
Porphyria
the taste of silver
Ymer

so the RI bands help bring out the peopel around the out-of-state bands?

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 28,2004 1:13am
Goratory headlines, there will be no other way. The Samurais will reign once again.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 28,2004 1:13am
also, time wise:

Ymer - 10pm - 20minute set / 5 minute breakdown
TOS - 10:30pm - 5 minute set-up / 20 minute set / 5 minute breakdown
Porphyria - 11:00 5 / 20 / 5
sufferingbastard - 11:30 5 / 20 / 5
Goratory - Midnight - as long as you want

toggletoggle post by DEATH2ALL  at Sep 28,2004 7:49am
Anyways, the new stuff makes Sexual Intercorpse and Orgasm look like a joke. Jay had alot to learn drum wise.

Sorry my parents couldn't afford to send my lame ass to berkley. While you were at school, me & Al started the band your in. You got a lot to learn about respect. You should watch your fuckin mouth bitch.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 28,2004 8:42am
it starts at 10?

you know it will run later right?

no way is 5 minutes enought time to "break down" then the next band needs to set up.

also why does the flyer say 8 and you posted 10..that's a big difference

i'm confuzzled

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 28,2004 8:43am
ok..i thought this was the cd release show...

but it's not..so ok

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i'm still sleepy

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 28,2004 11:53am
(shrugs) it was sort of an ideal scenario.

the 5 minutes is to get the equipment on / off the stage, so 5 minutes to bring the stuff into the corner where they can dismantle it, 5 minutes to bring pre-assembled stuff on stage.

rather than run this thing into 1 AM, I'd rather just have people try and be efficient so people aren't falling asleep by whoever headlines.

toggletoggle post by mammalsauce  at Sep 28,2004 1:42pm
well i think goratory didn't want to headline but you'll have to have a check with alan on that one, don't take my word for it

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 28,2004 1:43pm
I'm thinking sufferring bastard should headline since they are from the area. However, I think Goratory should get at least 45 - 60 min for set time.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 28,2004 1:45pm
word

hmmmm....

i wish it didn't start so late hahaha but that's what Jimmy gave me

I think maybe you're right about the SB thing...hmmm...what do other people think?

this is tough stuff!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 28,2004 1:46pm
I dunno, having goratory headline so they could play as long as they wanted would be sweet too.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 28,2004 1:53pm
well, ideally it would be this:

Goratory
SB
Porphyria
TOS
Ymer

so it's nice and mixed up and if you just saw SB you are probably gonan be like Sweet I'll watch the last band.

I want people to change over fast since it's a late show and people won't have a super long attention span, so the less time we dick around with movign eqpt the better.

we should have a contest or a prize and whoever is there by the last band wins something!

toggletoggle post by xeatadickx  at Sep 28,2004 3:27pm
uh, i hope you guys know SB only puts on like a 10 minute set. and theyre playing 1-2 other shows that night. yeah.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 28,2004 3:43pm
well we'll put on about a 20 min set...

so should it go

goratory
porphyria
sb
tos
ymer

????

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Sep 28,2004 3:48pm
DEATH2ALL said:

Sorry my parents couldn't afford to send my lame ass to berkley. While you were at school, me & Al started the band your in. You got a lot to learn about respect. You should watch your fuckin mouth bitch.

Jay, I am extremely sorry about that man.

Darren, not cool to do shit like that. Jay is a good friend of Adam, Zach, and me. Please keep comments like that off this board. He was really into your shit and has never made bad comment about you. Thats just not cool man.

toggletoggle post by Goratory/Pillory_Drummer  at Sep 28,2004 4:04pm
Yo jay, it was just kidding around. I didn't think anyone took these message boards so seriously. I know i sure don't. But if i disrespected you in anyway, sorry.

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Sep 29,2004 12:08am
well, ideally it would be this:

Goratory
SB
Porphyria
TOS
Ymer

so it's nice and mixed up and if you just saw SB you are probably gonan be like Sweet I'll watch the last band

If we don't have to headline, I would rather not. I'd like to get done so I can be free to get hammered with mike from Ymer. Also, I don't think we have that big a fan base to be headlining. I would personally like to play middle slot so let me know your thoughts. hey, that last sentance rhymed

toggletoggle post by mammalsauce  at Sep 29,2004 12:11am
am i going to be able to get into this show definitely? Do I get in with the band? *hint hint*

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 29,2004 7:59am
yeah they don't really card.

well, I guess if everyone can sort it out, email me. We're in the studio till friday morning, so I'll get back to you then. I'm leaving in 3 minutes.

bleh.

love, N

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Sep 29,2004 9:12am
post by Goratory/Pillory_Drummer at Sep 28,2004 12:54am

If we do have to headline, i'd like to get a back line set up with a sound check. Drums, and cabs. Thoughts?

the safari doesn't have a PA. vocals only.
also, to the other guy in your band. every band at every show since the beginning of time wants to play the middle slot. work it out, man.

post by xeatadickx at Sep 28,2004 3:27pm

uh, i hope you guys know SB only puts on like a 10 minute set. and theyre playing 1-2 other shows that night. yeah.

this is true. SB's set is like 8 minutes. also, they are playing another show that night (with us @ as220), so it'll probably be more like 5 mins. i think they were planning on playing early-ish, because gregg is playing four, yes four shows that night.

to anyone else wondering why it's so late. that's just the way jimmy does it. he always starts thes bands at around 10. the main reason is because no one shows up till then anyway. basically, once everyone's there, you just start when you want.

one last thing i have to say to you guys involved with this show. there's a whole lot of confusion about set times and whatnot. trust me, it's really not that important. it's been my experience that the easiest thing is to just figure it out when you get there. something always changes the day of the show anyway. if it really matters to anyone, you guys need to all pick up the phone or email and actually talk to each other. everyone seems to have a reason to play at a certain time.

i'm not trying to sound like a dick or anything, just trying to help. seems like everyone's stressing out just a bit too much. it's a show, it's the safari, it'll be fun. see you all there.

toggletoggle post by xeatadickx  at Sep 29,2004 10:08am
thank you dave, you said what i was thinking. <3

toggletoggle post by TOC NLI at Sep 29,2004 10:17pm
OMG WE -HAVE- TO FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!

no really I don't care.

just figured if people had preferences, they could voice them. Everyone can all play at once if it tickles your fancy.

At one Aviary Show we picked #'s and by closeness to the # someone wrote on a pice of paper, that decided the order. Now THAT is fair!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 1,2004 9:24am
i'm sure we'll figure it out, if SB has to go on early then they can go before us or you guys...whatever they want.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Oct 1,2004 9:39am
TOC NLI said:
Everyone can all play at once if it tickles your fancy.

i wanna see 5 metal bands play at once.................

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 1,2004 12:59pm
OMG this is coming up!! SICK!!

everyone should go to this.
it's free.
the bands are really good.
the atmosphere is nice and dumpy.

and it will be so late anyone will look attractive!

kiss kiss!

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 2,2004 11:27am
sdjakljaldjlak

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 4,2004 9:03am
FRIDAY, FUCKASS.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 6,2004 11:04am
sdhajhajksdhjka

still free, how about that?

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 6,2004 6:18pm
i'm fired up.

toggletoggle post by TOC NLI at Oct 6,2004 6:37pm

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 7,2004 12:34pm
sdhjksdfhj

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 8,2004 10:39am
tonight! please come! it's free!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 8,2004 10:40am
nick you have a # i can reach you at? I have alex's cell # still I think...

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 8,2004 10:41am
want just in case i need to call you later.

toggletoggle post by blue nli at Oct 8,2004 11:27am
ill go. wait. no i wont.

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 8,2004 12:35pm
i'll be there.....i have no money to donate but i will be there

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 8,2004 3:54pm edited Oct 8,2004 3:54pm
yes, the rest of my band is driving 4 hours for this in a V8 van... please advise! lol.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 8,2004 3:57pm
I'll be there.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 8,2004 4:09pm
the_reverend said:
I'll be there.

congrats rev. you are the 100th poster, you have won a free footjob.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 8,2004 4:10pm
did you actually count all the posts?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 8,2004 4:10pm
wait I'm an idiot...nevermind :P

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 8,2004 4:56pm
holy shit it's tonight, fuck!

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 8,2004 5:26pm
BUMP!

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Oct 8,2004 6:27pm
ill be there... prolly gettin drunk alone, since i refuse to integrate my girl into my music, shes just gonna wait for me to come home drunk

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 8,2004 6:30pm
looks like I'm in need ot directions.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Oct 8,2004 6:31pm
ps- josh... gimme a call if ya godam crap ass phone will let you call me this time

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Oct 8,2004 6:33pm
the_reverend said:
looks like I'm in need ot directions.

it sounds like its near where lupos used to be... but i never been to this place

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 8,2004 6:35pm
Keith, it says my call cannot be completed at this time, try my numbah.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 8,2004 6:39pm
anyone going to join me for spikes?

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 8,2004 6:39pm
i just had quiznos, sorry.

toggletoggle post by kellthevalkyrie  at Oct 8,2004 6:40pm
the_reverend said:
anyone going to join me for spikes?

mmm....get the buffalo dog.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Oct 8,2004 6:41pm
depends how early i get down there

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 8,2004 6:41pm
it's REALLY close to where Lups was...shockingly close.

you know where that weird trailer restaurant is set up in like Providence center or Place or whatever it's called? Like next to town hall? It's on that street.

I wish I could point it out ... hmm...

well we are getting their early and I will try to put up flyers around where the venue is, so maybe that will help.

try calling my voice mail (on our website) if you get lost and LEAVE A NUMBER so I can call you back. But try not to do it too much, only if you're super lost.

love,
N

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 8,2004 6:46pm
how the f is that a bad neighborhood like everyone's been talking about? I need to run to walmarts to get some batteries,
but I'll be there around 9-ish to hit up spikes.

how late do these shows go?

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Oct 8,2004 6:52pm
oh rev... whats the chance youd have rttp zip ups there?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 8,2004 6:53pm
100%

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Oct 8,2004 6:56pm
cool, ill find ya, even though you wont know me... till later at least, haha

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Oct 8,2004 7:41pm
yes but he's not wearing his rttp zip up!

heh

toggletoggle post by johnvanveen at Oct 9,2004 1:47am
i saw the rev walking down the street in prov a lil while ago i was gonna say hi but i was drunk and didnt notice him till i was already past him i was also gonna go to the show but there was a dam white care blocking the street so i couldent tell if it was still happening anywya im home now waiting for the pics from it.........

ii woulda tryd to go if it wasent at the safari i didnet feel like getting kickd out

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 9,2004 3:24am
ok, I'm at my work.
uploading pictures before running home to head to canada, eh

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 9,2004 3:28am
pictures are uploading now

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Oct 9,2004 3:36am
how did the show go guys, hope all had a good night! \m/ i really wanted to go to this,but we had a show too.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 9,2004 3:54am
well, there was like 3 shows going on at the same time featuring some of the same bands... you do the math.
anyhow, it was still interesting seeing a show at that venue. I personally have a hand covered in dirt...

ymer: their set too a minute to get into their set, started off slowly. then it was some blast and fast grindy.

suffering bastard: seen these guysa bunch of times over the years. personally, I think their music has progressed and I really dug it, even with out all the fake blood syrup.

the taste of silver: nick seemed really frustrated. there was a deal before they went on and all the underaged kids were kicked out, but then only one was kicked out in the end.

goratory: sick set, lots of oldies and new ones, about 45 minutes. people moshed it up a bit

porphyria: for the first time, they got their set cut short.. and by that I mean that the old guy turned the power off on them. it was also interesting on the new song to see shawn stop and tom just keep going. I know previously, tom has sort of been following shawn.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 9,2004 4:24am
frustrated to say the least.

Here is my diatribe /review in list form:

1) No show should start at 10pm. Period. Providence shows always start late and man, I can't stay up that long.

2) I picked the Safari cause I heard Jimmy never cards. Boy was that wrong. The issue with the under age kids was killing me...then the singer of Ymer decided to go "Hey let's just fucking beat the shit out him" and that made it worse, then was pushing Jimmy (verbally, not physically) inside...oi vey. Luckily that worked out.

3) Ok, why do Providence bands like to tell me when they are playing? Not ask, not alert, but just tell and do? This has happened to me before. We went to set up our stuff, and the bass player that is also in I Destroyer said "Uh...what are you doing with that?" I said "setting up?" and he said "No we're playing next." I said, "Oh....uh....you are?" and he said "yeah, we have our stuff and everything" I said, "I...did...not...know...that". Truth is, the guys I've met in SB are really nice, but that bass player's a cock sucker -- was when I played with I Destroyer, still is in SB.

4) It was neat how 99% of the crowd left after SB, too, including some of our friends from PDV...WTF?!?!?

5) Ymer was really good for a first show. The intro was bunk but the rest was top notch.

6) SB is a sick bad. Tonight they weren't as good as last time I saw them but last time I saw them they were AWESOME. Oh well. It was nice of them to at least play. There set is NOT 5 minutes. i was fooled.

7) I can't remember any of our set. Weird, huh?

8) Goratory is a great band. They are very professional, very tight, and very technical. Killer.

9) Porphyria is the best thing to come out of upper New England right now. Not saying ANYTHING against any other bands from New England at all, just saying they have GREAT material and are funny as hell, plus can bring the mosh factor and harmonized artificial harmonic factor.

10) Our van broke down. WTF?!??! We just bought it. Oh well, it's probably minor, but still...fuck.

11) Being heckled is gay --- being moshed into by a heckler is more gay -- having your guitar knocked out of tune by a moshing heckler who doesn't know your band but wants to take your mic and sing lyrics he doesn't know and flails into you and has no regard for your song or anything just wants to be drunk and ridiculous? MOST GAY. Oh well. He seemed like a really nice guy just way to drunk to be alive at that moment. I talked to him afterwards and I bet when he's sober he's a swell dude...Death Metal Jim I think his name was.

it is 4:23AM and I am exhausted. Bed time.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 9,2004 4:28am
oh yeah also thanks so much for coming aaron and taking pictures, really. That was one of the more redeeming qualtiies of the night.

Also, thanks to Anne who worked the show into her busy Friday and to BornSoVile for being a god damn trooper and tremendously supportive. Badow.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Oct 9,2004 4:37am
stop whining u laack disipline

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Oct 9,2004 4:38am
wait what am i talking about these pics came out horribly i look like a total douche .... well i dunno maybe they r good then?

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Oct 9,2004 9:14am
the taste of feedback? hahaha... still sounded good

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 9,2004 11:53am
hahaha thanks

yeah who the fuck was yelling "too much feedback"??

can you have TOO MUCH feedback? It's the best sound to come from guitar influenced music since the distortion pedal!

and those pics are great, Alex, you're just mad that the first picture make you look like that dude from Sling Blade. hahahahahaha Ya gut potat'as en musteerrrd?

toggletoggle post by greggdeadface at Oct 9,2004 12:14pm
hey nick this is gregg the drummer of sb and tnc... yo man adam the bass player u are taklin about is my boy,so don't say shit that u can't back up.we had to play as soon as possible because i had to go play two more sets,so if anything be mad at me for booking four shows in one night for myself.think before u speak

toggletoggle post by Sinofangels-ray at Oct 9,2004 12:20pm
Go Get im' Piva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Oct 9,2004 1:05pm edited Oct 9,2004 1:08pm
just to clarify a few things.

- the safari is not a licened performing arts venue. it's a bar. that's why the shows are free. that's why they start at 10. jimmy makes his money by running a bar. if he had bands starting at 8, all his regular customers would leave because of the noise, and he'd lose his business. he lets us all play there as a favor to us, not vice versa. show some respect. and on that note, the big fuss some people made, and especially threatening to fight jimmy for merely enforcing the rules that YOU KNEW WERE THERE in the first place only serves to prove why this place is 21+ and always will be.

- a lot of us that were there and left after SB were either in TNC or SB or our friends that were with us. the thing you may not know is that the As220 show was booked months and months ago. i never flyered for it because i knew that the safari show was a big show for you all. it seemed like you were doing a lot of work to promote it and put it together, and i wanted to see a good turnout for you. as a result, we had 3 bands from connecticut drive out here to play for 10 kids at the other show. i'm not claiming responsibility for your show; it's just part of the point we've been trying to make lately about working together. you had a good show. i'm sorry if 10-15 kids left, but they were just about the only people who were at the As220 to see us. try not to be so sensitive about it. people come to see a band they like and leave. it's always been the case, and it always will be.

- nick, it was definitely mentioned that SB had to sort of play when they could and screw, because of the situation. next time you see adam, tell him he was a cock to you.

that being said, thanks to all you out-of-towners for coming to rock our lowly safari lounge. it's a dive but we love it. hope you all had fun, i did.

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 9,2004 1:10pm
thanks for taking the gayest looking picture of me ever! hahahaha
jesus christ....in my defense, i was drunk, and trying to pit with josh staples and death metal jim in a really small space, and it looks like aaron caught me at the WORST possible moment

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 9,2004 1:18pm

11) Being heckled is gay --- being moshed into by a heckler is more gay -- having your guitar knocked out of tune by a moshing heckler who doesn't know your band but wants to take your mic and sing lyrics he doesn't know and flails into you and has no regard for your song or anything just wants to be drunk and ridiculous? MOST GAY. Oh well. He seemed like a really nice guy just way to drunk to be alive at that moment. I talked to him afterwards and I bet when he's sober he's a swell dude...Death Metal Jim I think his name was.

death metal jim = my best friend
he was'nt heckling you bro, he was just having fun, he did'nt think he was doing anything to bother you guys.......when goratory was playing, he knocked over an amp, and they were all laughing about it....that's what you're supposed to do at a show, have fun.....

i can't understand why you saw it as heckling....that basically was his way of saying he really dug your music

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 9,2004 1:29pm
by the way......i saw all of the first 4 bands sets...
all kicked ass.....goratory fucking ruled!!!!!!!!
i got drunk as shit (thanks to josh staples and death metal jim)

and there were some girls in the back of the room giving out free smokes! fuckin a!

anyway....to anyone i annoyed......fuck you i was wasted! haha

i do remember i went up to at least 15 different people saying the exact same thing "you look familiar......do iknow you? bear with me i'm fuckin wicked drunk"

and i showed a bunch of people my extremely offensive new tattoo, hahaha

but anyway, no matter who i annoyed/bothered, i had a fucking blast

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 9,2004 1:30pm
I think I saw it as heckling because it started before we even set up, he was dissin' on our merch table display, and because the level of encouragement he was generating was WAY BEYOND even liking the music (uh...we hadn't even plugged everything in an he was chanting "THE TASTE OF SILVER THE TASTE OF SILVER". I've never seen him at ANY of our shows, and we don't have a big enough crowd for him to be lossed in the fray...). He made it fairly implausible that I would be able to do what I do as a musician appropriately by preventing me from: using the mic, using my guitar, standing up straight, paying attention, hearing the rest of the instruments, or keeping my instrument in tune. I got punched, though not hard, but what the fuck? Come on, it's not like we're Blood For Blood or something. We hadn't even played the FIRST SONG.

That said, I'm not mad at him. But he was totally out of control and I think he should have been a little more conciencious of how his actions would affect the performer, or a friend should have spoken with him and said "hey relax a little, guy".

It's one thing to have fun and go apey; it's another thing to completely prevent the musicians from having fun THEMSELVES or even playing the song.

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 9,2004 1:31pm
oh....and sorry i ditched before pophiria(sp?)

my ride was gonna ditch me if i did'nt

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 9,2004 1:40pm
T.O.ciggs

dude

he was chanting the band name and being obnoxious because he was drunk....that's true....but he did'nt start jumping around until you started playing....

he was ragging on you guys a little because he thought the name of the band was a little goofy....but he was also really psyched to see you play, as we had checked out your mp3's earlier in the day, and really got into what we were hearing.....

sometimes when you play extreme music........ the crowd (or evn just one person) could get a little crazy and jump around,and try to start a pit....... and if the band is playing on the floor, some people could bump into them....it's to be expected man....

dude come on when umbrella used to play shows,my buddy rob, and death metal jim have been known to tackle, or pick up and throw vinny, lee, and/or joey......and none of them ever get phased by it.......i've seen vinny get thrown to the ground during a really complex riff, and not fuck it up at all......

think of it this way.....would you rather get the re-action you got last night......or no re-action what-so-ever?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 9,2004 1:49pm
greggdeadface said:
hey nick this is gregg the drummer of sb and tnc... yo man adam the bass player u are taklin about is my boy,so don't say shit that u can't back up.we had to play as soon as possible because i had to go play two more sets,so if anything be mad at me for booking four shows in one night for myself.think before u speak

I am not complaining that SB played early. Really. It was just alarming how that was the draw. Contrary to that statement, I did actually think before I wrote that last night. Should I say that it was promblematic when those events occured? Is it right to be a little embittered towards someone that took it upon himself to show no compassion, manners, or even equality towards me? YES.

You're one of the 3/4 of SB that I like. Each of the rest of you was very kind about explaining the situation to me. When you and I talked outside, I recalled you explaining you'd need to play early. However, this attitude problem happened before that.

I don't like conflict but I have played Providence 4 times and received negative attitudes, heckling, and outward criticism from Providence audiences and band members without ever even playing a chord or saying a word at any of the shows. Clearly it has ZERO to do with me and more to do with some kind of shared way of doing things in RI that I don't seem to understand.

I know maybe 3 people in Providence so I know I don't have enough of a reputation to be considered anything more than "just some guy". It will be a hard proof to explain to me that it has anything to do with me specifically over it just being a way that people in one scene or another in RI have adapted to displaying mores.

I played a show with I, Destroyer once and Adam displayed a similar attitude, not necessarily to me directly. He is a very obstinant individual. To be honest, I have yet to have enough of a conversation with him for him to realize who I am. That said, he was very arrogant in his approach to me, especially cause he had no clue who I was...he was just being rude either because it was funny or more convenient than trying to be respectful. He may be your friend but that does absolutely nothing to make me think that it's ok to be rude and pushy to people he doesn't know. I don't care if he's jesus's friend, that's not accptable behavior: he doesn't even know me, didn't know who I was or anything, just wanted to be whatever he was being.

I think you know, Greg, that I like many of the people you work with. You are trememndously friendly and sociable, Dave has always been nice to me, and Brendan is a fucking totally rad dude who I have had the pleasure of chatting with at several shows and one "extracurricular" event. I talked about as much with every member of SB last night as I did with Adam. He was the only one who felt it key to let me know how little I am in his vision, even though I bet he doesn't even remember who I am.

At any rate, I appreciate it if you or dave did stuff to make the show come together. You must imagine the dismay we had when about 7 people were the for Porphyria, a band that drove for several hours, by the end. I checked a bunch of times to see if anything was going on in Providence but somehow the other 4 events that night shot past me...

I take full responsibility (I would not blame anyone but myself) for having done a shit job of getting a second RI band to help keep the audience even throughout the night. I am disappointed I forgot that SB had to leave early, and should have planned better for that -- anyone can tell you, once the locals leave at a show, unless it's Morbid Angel or something playing next, many people leave.

Suffering Bastard plays MEAN AS A DEVIL'S DICK grind and that's a good thing, but I would caution you to not book two shows one block apart any more. I am glad you played, and you know personally you helped me out quite a bit, but next time just kindly bow out or recommend another band cause I can't have the whole audience leave and put an out-of-state band in that situation again. My mistake, like I said, but that's good advice either way.

Does that clear it up, now that I got a full night's rest?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 9,2004 1:55pm
orgymaggotfeast said:
T.O.ciggs

dude

he was chanting the band name and being obnoxious because he was drunk....that's true....but he did'nt start jumping around until you started playing....

he was ragging on you guys a little because he thought the name of the band was a little goofy....but he was also really psyched to see you play, as we had checked out your mp3's earlier in the day, and really got into what we were hearing.....

sometimes when you play extreme music........ the crowd (or evn just one person) could get a little crazy and jump around,and try to start a pit....... and if the band is playing on the floor, some people could bump into them....it's to be expected man....

dude come on when umbrella used to play shows,my buddy rob, and death metal jim have been known to tackle, or pick up and throw vinny, lee, and/or joey......and none of them ever get phased by it.......i've seen vinny get thrown to the ground during a really complex riff, and not fuck it up at all......

think of it this way.....would you rather get the re-action you got last night......or no re-action what-so-ever?

I'm glad you had fun last night (I am referring to your post before this). That means the show was worthwhile. I had a good time despite everything, cause the music was really really good...no bad bands which is always a good thing (like nothing felt too lagging). Thanks so much for coming, I mean that.

I love when the crowd reacts. That's honest. I'm glad Jim liked the music. When we talked later, I liked Jim. He seems nice. But like I said, it's one thing to go crazy and another thing to usurp the mics and go BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHASHHHDSAHKDKAJKDKAKDJKAJDKJKAJD and to knock over the guitarist and singer and stuff and another to get into it. I mean, you DO understand that I got mad because I was INCAPABLE of playing, right? My guitar was knocked out of tune, I couldn't reach my distortion so I had to skim through a part, and it was basically NO FUN for me.

Question this: At that point, I would have had more fun NOT playing. Would he have rathered that? I'm a person to and when I play, I gotta be able to actually do my job, or what the hell is the point of me being there? It's not like it was WHOA EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE TOS!!! it was like "No one knows us, we'll be lucky just not to get crap from anyone" and I got people yelling shit, I got this guy hitting me and knocking me over, and 99% of the audience was gone. I felt stupid and it wasn't helping, and in fact was worsening the situation.

Go crazy, have fun, get a little wild, but don't fuck up the ability of the person to even play the song or have fun themselves.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 9,2004 2:05pm
diamond_dave said:
just to clarify a few things.

- the safari is not a licened performing arts venue. it's a bar. that's why the shows are free. that's why they start at 10. jimmy makes his money by running a bar. if he had bands starting at 8, all his regular customers would leave because of the noise, and he'd lose his business. he lets us all play there as a favor to us, not vice versa. show some respect. and on that note, the big fuss some people made, and especially threatening to fight jimmy for merely enforcing the rules that YOU KNEW WERE THERE in the first place only serves to prove why this place is 21+ and always will be.

- a lot of us that were there and left after SB were either in TNC or SB or our friends that were with us. the thing you may not know is that the As220 show was booked months and months ago. i never flyered for it because i knew that the safari show was a big show for you all. it seemed like you were doing a lot of work to promote it and put it together, and i wanted to see a good turnout for you. as a result, we had 3 bands from connecticut drive out here to play for 10 kids at the other show. i'm not claiming responsibility for your show; it's just part of the point we've been trying to make lately about working together. you had a good show. i'm sorry if 10-15 kids left, but they were just about the only people who were at the As220 to see us. try not to be so sensitive about it. people come to see a band they like and leave. it's always been the case, and it always will be.

- nick, it was definitely mentioned that SB had to sort of play when they could and screw, because of the situation. next time you see adam, tell him he was a cock to you.

that being said, thanks to all you out-of-towners for coming to rock our lowly safari lounge. it's a dive but we love it. hope you all had fun, i did.

thanks for the explanation, it makes me feel better about the whole thing. I am glad you had fun, and I genuinely want to thank you for comming. The TNC kids do a lot for the Providence scene and it's totally appreciated. kudos!

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 9,2004 2:06pm
well...we had fun.......thanks for playing.....it sounded fucking good man!

i'm really sorry that jim bumping into you guys and shit fucked you up.....

none of us thought it would bother you.......like i said, we did it to umbrella all the time........we've also done it to suffer now, we even jumped on stage and fucked with cannibal corpse once, they all had a laugh about it..

seriously, you guys fuckin rock......just have confidence in your songs, and if ya fuck up.....pretend like it did'nt happen....and keep playing.... and if someone in the crowd fucks with you.......fuck with him back...kick him in the ass, laugh at him for being drunk and call him gay, ya know

just have fun with it

theres no reason to not have any fun

there was one time, my old band was playing a show, and 12 kids were pitting, and pigpiled on top of my bassdrum, and knocked alot of my set over.....i improvised, and kept going as best i could with what was left standing....until the song was over and then i just re-arragned my drum set, spit some soda on the kids who did it, laughed my balls off, and played the next song.

ya gotta have fun at a show no matter what happens man, and not get discouraged by anything

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 9,2004 2:12pm
orgymaggotfeast said:
well...we had fun.......thanks for playing.....it sounded fucking good man!

i'm really sorry that jim bumping into you guys and shit fucked you up.....

none of us thought it would bother you.......like i said, we did it to umbrella all the time........we've also done it to suffer now, we even jumped on stage and fucked with cannibal corpse once, they all had a laugh about it..

seriously, you guys fuckin rock......just have confidence in your songs, and if ya fuck up.....pretend like it did'nt happen....and keep playing.... and if someone in the crowd fucks with you.......fuck with him back...kick him in the ass, laugh at him for being drunk and call him gay, ya know

just have fun with it

theres no reason to not have any fun

there was one time, my old band was playing a show, and 12 kids were pitting, and pigpiled on top of my bassdrum, and knocked alot of my set over.....i improvised, and kept going as best i could with what was left standing....until the song was over and then i just re-arragned my drum set, spit some soda on the kids who did it, laughed my balls off, and played the next song.

ya gotta have fun at a show no matter what happens man, and not get discouraged by anything

You're right. I can't argue with that. I get emotional when we play (hahhah I bet I get shit for that) but we write songs that come from inside so I get vulnerable when we play, especially that cleanish one (Binary, we call it). I agree that I need to accept criticism when I am onstage better, and deal with those circumstances better.

thanks for being so supportive. Feel free to come see us any time and I'll give you a shirt for being a good sport.

Jim too

toggletoggle post by CNV at Oct 9,2004 2:20pm
I'm surprised Porphyria is not signed yet.

toggletoggle post by orgymaggotfeast  at Oct 9,2004 2:23pm edited Oct 9,2004 2:24pm
hahahahahaha......a shirt?? you need at least 3x for me dude....most bands don't make shirts that fit me, hahaha.

i understand about all that man.......every band puts some emotion into their music......if they did'nt, it would suck......music comes from the fucking soul dude (well, unless it's a joke band......but you guys are obviously far from that)
so i can understand that ya got a little upset....i just wanted you to know that there was no malicious intent what-so-ever

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 9,2004 2:50pm
CNV said:
I'm surprised Porphyria is not signed yet.

me too...they are very professional sounding and bring mucho mosh.

toggletoggle post by tomx nli at Oct 9,2004 4:05pm
thanks so much nick for having us, it was a blast. i just wish we sounded a bit better; i couldnt hear the drums, and apparently no one else could either.

so there were a few mistakes since we were just running on the timing in our heads.any feedback from anyone on our sound would be appreciated too, since we're pretty much just starting out and would really like to fine-tune our songs to armageddon status.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Oct 9,2004 5:48pm
tom - the intro, like I told you there, is kinda..eh...the rest of the stuff is actually pretty damn heavy. This might sound weird, and might not be what you're going for, but since everything is so deep you might want to have an occasionaly higher part like up on the treble strings. Other than that, if you continue like this you could develop the sound of your band (even just sticking to all the deep stuff) into something pretty novel.

I would love to see you guys in a basement. Keep up the good work.

toggletoggle post by TOC NLI at Oct 9,2004 7:34pm
ohh hahahah that last post was by me, not Alex. I always forget he's logged in at his house. Doi.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 9,2004 10:29pm
a no no mouse

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 9,2004 10:37pm
"nonymous" means "has / having a name"

a-nonymous means "without a name"

wild.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 9,2004 11:27pm

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 10,2004 2:24am
orgymaggotfeast said

when goratory was playing, he knocked over an amp, and they were all laughing about it....that's what you're supposed to do at a show, have fun.....

if he knocked over my new amp at that show I probably would have smashed my guitar over his face. hahaha.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 10,2004 2:28am
actually, i'm not joking about that. hehehehe.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 10,2004 2:37am
no fuckin shit....keep those fuckers away from the goods....have fun elsewhere away from the $1000's worth of equipment.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 10,2004 2:40am
luckily al's mode 4 is mostly solid state, though that doesn't justify some drunk douche knocking it over...but if it were my amp I would have stopped playing to swing my guitar around a couple of times.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 10,2004 3:02am
Me 2. I would use my warlock especially for that purpose.
widow headstock jab to the eyes, in fact.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 10,2004 3:02am
desperado styy-lee dawgg!

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 10,2004 3:11am

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Oct 10,2004 3:49am
I want PORPHYRIA on Pathos Productions.

toggletoggle post by jake at Oct 10,2004 9:57am
is ymer's singer 14?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 10,2004 10:33am
powerkok said:

hahaahhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhahahhhhhha

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 10,2004 11:37am
ohh man that's classic hahahahaha

toggletoggle post by Jagermonster at Oct 10,2004 1:26pm
The show was a jam..For the first time in a while I had fun most of the night...Except the heckling...That shit makes me want to smash fucks teeth in.Which I am prepared to do most of the time.But yea..the show was a jam.All the guys I met for the first time were very chill,Keep the jager flowing................Keep it metal.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 11,2004 8:35am edited Oct 11,2004 8:38am
orgymaggotfeast said:
we even jumped on stage and fucked with cannibal corpse once, they all had a laugh about it..

the last time I saw someone try taking the mic from corpsegrinder he threw the fuck off the stage and said "if you ever do that again I'll fucking kill you". I'm pretty sure if anyone knocked over their shit or fucked them up they would either kick your ass or you'd get kicked out.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 11,2004 8:50am edited Oct 11,2004 8:58am
my show review..

ymer: caught the last damn song, awesome seeing tom rock it. Couldn't hear the drums though :( hopefully they'll do another show soon.

sufferring bastard: darren was right, they only played for 8 minutes. sounded okay. I couldn't really get close enough to see anything cause they were all playing on the floor.

taste of silver: a little out of place on this bill, but who cares, they didn't. Apparently I hear there was some heckling,I think I may have heard some of it but I'm not sure. They rocked out pretty hard but not as much as usual. I was screaming at nick a little bit yelling random shit i hope that wasn't considered heckling.

goratory: the last time they played closest to my area was nov. 22nd 2003. It was awesome seeing them do a lot of the newer songs. Al's guitar could have been louder most of the time. I somehow smashed my back on someone and it still fuckin kills.

us: "man, how the hell are we going to follow that up?" - me after goratory. hahaha... We unveiled the newest track we have been working on, not sure if people liked it or not. They told us we had 2 minutes left, and I told my band to just click into deprivation from the new song and he did, but shawn took off his guitar but I started playing it and got about 1/4 of the way through the song before they turned the power off. gaylords, they couldn't wait the extra minute and 30 seconds till the last song was done. yaaaaaah.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 11,2004 8:53am
greggdeadface said:

blah blah blah.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 11,2004 12:53pm
this is orgy......i'm not logged in because i lost my fucking password
but anyway
RustedAngel said:
orgymaggotfeast said:
we even jumped on stage and fucked with cannibal corpse once, they all had a laugh about it..

the last time I saw someone try taking the mic from corpsegrinder he threw the fuck off the stage and said "if you ever do that again I'll fucking kill you". I'm pretty sure if anyone knocked over their shit or fucked them up they would either kick your ass or you'd get kicked out.

well.....thy have developed more of a rockstar attitude over the years.....but at this show, they really did'nt give a fuck....it was at a small as fuck club (the living room).....and this was one of the first tours with corpsegrinder......

we jumped on stage.......shoved each other around, knocked into corpsegrinder a few times.....after about a minute.....they threw us back into the crowd.....but they were'nt all pissy, they were laughing...

and we got stoned as fuck with them afterwards (i don't even like weed.....but i figured, sure, i'll get high with cannibal corpse)

toggletoggle post by orgyM.F.....ilostmypassword at Oct 11,2004 1:09pm
to all of you whining "if someone bumped into my amp, i'd hit them with my guitar"

2 things
1.if you play the safari (or anywhere else that has no stage and very little room to pit) SHIT HAPPENS! DON'T BE A LITTLE GIRL ABOUT IT!
if you don't want your stuff getting bumped into/knocked over, then don't play any place where you're not playing on a stage, unless there are no pit rules.

2.i hope you remember saying all this crap the next time your band plays out and no one is moving and your vocalist is on the mic whining "boohoo no one likes us.....are you guys gonna pit or what"

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 11,2004 1:24pm
orgyM.F.....ilostmypassword said:
to all of you whining "if someone bumped into my amp, i'd hit them with my guitar"

2 things
1.if you play the safari (or anywhere else that has no stage and very little room to pit) SHIT HAPPENS! DON'T BE A LITTLE GIRL ABOUT IT!
if you don't want your stuff getting bumped into/knocked over, then don't play any place where you're not playing on a stage, unless there are no pit rules.

2.i hope you remember saying all this crap the next time your band plays out and no one is moving and your vocalist is on the mic whining "boohoo no one likes us.....are you guys gonna pit or what"

1. dude, I don't give a fuck if we're playing in a 2x2 sq. foot room, it is possible to move around and not knock someones gear over. Shit happens, but get ahold of your gay self and be somewhat aware of what you're doing.. it is possible you know? unless you're a blind dumbass with no balance. don't blame stupid shit like that on a band not being on a stage. that's just weak. Call me a girl or whatever you want, i'm just saying if some drunk idiot did that to my shit I wouldn't be happy.

2. fine, I'd rather have some people with at least 2% of common sense to pit for us. thanks.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 11,2004 1:25pm
orgymaggotfeast said:
we've also done it to suffer now

The audience is Suffer Now's vocalist.

toggletoggle post by orgyM.F.....ilostmypassword at Oct 11,2004 1:36pm
sorry rich....ya lost me

rusted....nothing gay about getting drunk, pitting and having fun.

nothing weak about speaking the truth.
if you play on the floor and there is a pit....whether people are "drunk blind idiots" or a bunch of staright edge floorpunching fags.....things can (and probably will) get bumped into, maybe knocked over....
being shocked or pissy about that is the same as being shocked about a twister ripping through your house when you live in tornado alley.

plain, simple, common sense!

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 11,2004 1:39pm
Oh... it's just that Jeff digs the audience participation thing so much, we've decided that if/when Suffer Now plays again, random audience members will be the only ones allowed to sing. And if I have to run around with a mic and forcibly shove it in people's faces... even better.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 11,2004 1:45pm
sorry rich....ya lost me

rusted....nothing gay about getting drunk, pitting and having fun.

nothing weak about speaking the truth.
if you play on the floor and there is a pit....whether people are "drunk blind idiots" or a bunch of staright edge floorpunching fags.....things can (and probably will) get bumped into, maybe knocked over....
being shocked or pissy about that is the same as being shocked about a twister ripping through your house when you live in tornado alley.

plain, simple, common sense!

I've been to plenty of shows where bands play on the floor where people were drinking/pitting and nothing got knocked over. There's a fine line between pitting and just being plain idiotic. Also, I'm pretty sure all the 'floor punching straight edge fags' probably think you're just as much of a fag.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 11,2004 3:20pm
greggdeadface said:<<hey nick this is gregg the drummer of sb and tnc... yo man adam the bass player u are taklin about is my boy,so don't say shit that u can't back up.we had to play as soon as possible because i had to go play two more sets,so if anything be mad at me for booking four shows in one night for myself.think before u speak>>

blah blah blah.

i really doubt you would be saying this if greg it were in person

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Oct 11,2004 5:48pm
This show seemed like it was a lot of fun...but I really had a really busy Friday and coulnd't stay. I promised Mike from Ymer that I will be there, I was there, and I actually dig these guys...
Art opening at the store with booze, rode my bike, pick up weed, rode my bike, go to the Safari, sweating, drank more booze, rode my bike again, go to AS220, then rode my bike go to party and get completely oblitarated.

The reason why people left after SB:
1. it often is like that, so don't be surprised
2. SB, THe Nightmare Continues, and their buddies were playing at AS220...so everyone left to see them another time.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 11,2004 5:56pm edited Oct 11,2004 5:57pm
honestly, I really don't give a fuck who left before goratory/us.

I had a good time playing in front of friends and a few new faces.

Josh, Steph, Aaron, Al, Sac, Adam, John, Tom, Jeff, Nick, and Alex were all there and that's all that matters to me.

Anne, I saw you there @ the beginning, but somehow I knew you weren't going to stick around...seems to be a common occurence once you start to drink.

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Oct 11,2004 7:55pm
Yeah I knew I wasn't going to stay cause I had tons of other shit to do that night, this is what happens when you have an art opening at your business, another show to go to, and 2 birthday parties to go to. There's always so much you can do on a Friday night with your only vehicle being a bike...
Sorry about that, I'll get you guys next time.

toggletoggle post by deathmetaljim at Oct 11,2004 8:57pm
deathmetaljim rules!

toggletoggle post by deathmetaljim at Oct 11,2004 8:59pm
taste of dildos bows to DMJ.

toggletoggle post by deathmetaljim at Oct 11,2004 8:59pm
what's up bitches? you won't.

toggletoggle post by deathmetaljim at Oct 11,2004 9:01pm
any band who gets in my way ... i'll fuck up their setup.

toggletoggle post by deathmetaljim at Oct 11,2004 9:01pm
internet is gay.

toggletoggle post by tomx at work at Oct 12,2004 12:00am
im cooler than everyone, i got to see porphyria twice in 2 days, and scare a bunch of nerds by dancing hard.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 12,2004 12:19am
hahaha taste of dildos? I love it!!! I hope that was DMJ cause that is funny shit and seems like his sense of humor. hahahah

we were gonna do a split called "The taste of semen / fAganihm" but we pussied out and it's just TOS/Aganihm now

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Oct 12,2004 12:45am
Death metal Jim is the man. He knocked over my whole rig. It was probably the funniest part of my night.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 12,2004 12:48am
funnily expensive!!! hahahah j/k

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Oct 12,2004 12:50am
I like when people attack us while we play so I got my whole rig insured 100%.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 12,2004 12:55am
holy crap

that's good thinking.

toggletoggle post by orgyM.F.....ilostmypassword at Oct 12,2004 12:40pm
goratory said:
I like when people attack us while we play so I got my whole rig insured 100%.

good call bro!!!

toggletoggle post by orgyM.F.....ilostmypassword at Oct 12,2004 12:43pm
hahaha taste of dildos? I love it!!! I hope that was DMJ cause that is funny shit and seems like his sense of humor. hahahah

we were gonna do a split called "The taste of semen / fAganihm" but we pussied out and it's just TOS/Aganihm now

hahahahahaha
yeah nick, that really was jim.....he called me up and told me he was gonna go online from work and check out the pics from the show, and harass people on this board..

toggletoggle post by orgyM.F.....ilostmypassword at Oct 12,2004 12:50pm
RustedAngel said:

I've been to plenty of shows where bands play on the floor where people were drinking/pitting and nothing got knocked over. There's a fine line between pitting and just being plain idiotic. Also, I'm pretty sure all the 'floor punching straight edge fags' probably think you're just as much of a fag.

i've been to plenty of shows where shit does'nt get knocked over too..... but i've also been to a fuckload of shows where shit DOES get knocked over! and it's not because the people who are pitting are idiots, it's because SHIT HAPPENS YOU WHINING FUCK!

i really dig your band, but i'm glad we did'nt stick around to see you play.

and i don't give a fuck if any sXe floorpuncher homo thinks i'm gay, because being a floorpunching straightedger is obvious gayness ANYONE can see that.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 12,2004 1:13pm

i've been to plenty of shows where shit does'nt get knocked over too..... but i've also been to a fuckload of shows where shit DOES get knocked over! and it's not because the people who are pitting are idiots, it's because SHIT HAPPENS YOU WHINING FUCK!

i really dig your band, but i'm glad we did'nt stick around to see you play.

and i don't give a fuck if any sXe floorpuncher homo thinks i'm gay, because being a floorpunching straightedger is obvious gayness ANYONE can see that.

yeah shit get's knocked over (technically the cab al was playing through was mine but it won't hurt a speaker cab really, an amp yes), I have a right to be pissed if my shit get's knocked over, you can't justify being careless to me... thank you drive thru.

i'm glad you dig my band, and i'm glad you left.

and any sXe floorpuncher doesn't give a fuck that you think they are gay either. personally i'd rather have kids punching air and spinkicking eachother than playing a game of bumper cars with eachother. hahaha.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 12,2004 1:44pm
My cab is a monster of Godzilla-like proportions, so if fuckers got rowdy they'd either fail completely to topple it over, or be crushed under it's monstrous weight. Either way, I win. Also, dancing/moashing take up essential boozing time... so fuck that.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 12,2004 5:05pm edited Oct 12,2004 5:06pm
everyone shut the fuck up, ya'll giving me high blood pressure.
this was a fun show! i liked every band that played. drinks were good. got to hang with lots of great people. first time at safari, i'd consider playing a show there, why the fuck not? sucks people weren't being aloud in under 21. it probably won't have been that big of a problem if we didn't miss the liquor store closing by about 10 minutes. it was awesome that Autopsy 666 showed up at the end.

toggletoggle post by orgyM.F.....ilostmypassword at Oct 12,2004 7:35pm
i gave you all A.I.D.S.

.............but i did it with love

toggletoggle post by faggotfaggot at Oct 26,2004 7:50pm
You guys are all faggots. All your bands blow big generic death metal balls, except for SB. Hoorah!

:-*

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Oct 13,2017 2:33am
13 years ago, good times.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][1:00:09am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.11941 secs/21 queries]
[search][refresh page]