New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> PORPHYRIA - LIVE IN LEOMINSTER - mp3 tracks. by RustedAngel on Sep 7,2004 11:45pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 7,2004 11:45pm edited Sep 7,2004 11:47pm
here they are, $50 later a copy of our set on the 4th...Not the best recording but decent, can't really make out the guitars... :(

Porphyria - Leominster, MA - 9.04.04
(right click, save target as)

01. Devoured By Fire
02. Frailties Of Humanity
03. End Flesh Divinity
04. The Infection Of Blood
05. Pledge Of Defiance
06. Deprivation

http://www.porphyria666.com/
porphyria603@hotmail.com

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 7,2004 11:48pm
you guys owned that show

really, I don't give out fake compliments. That's why people end up wanting to slap me sometimes.

but you guys were FUCKING awesome and this will be burnt and in rotation in our car stereo for a while.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 7,2004 11:50pm
ya guitars are low in volume, but at least u guys got mp3s posted with your lineup.
sounds good for a live recording. nice set tommy.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 7,2004 11:52pm
thanks guys.

hahaha the shit tim says is funny. but i think we're gonna have to have a little talk with him... lol.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 7,2004 11:57pm
what shit? I listened to all of em....I didnt hear anything besides him introducing the songs

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 7,2004 11:57pm
I think it's a pretty decent recording.

it makes you guys sound all fucking brutal as hell.

but yeah the guitars are a tad low. and so is the bass.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 8,2004 12:00am edited Sep 8,2004 12:00am
oh hey tom, we're still trying to set up a show with Mucopus, HCN, IWEIPH, TOS, you guys, and Terminally Your Aborted Ghost. You down? check the other thread..we're thinking November 6th? or 13th?

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 8,2004 12:02am
that show will pwn 4ss!!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 8,2004 12:04am
hahah "this is the breakdown" hahahaha

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 8,2004 12:04am
the_taste_of_cigarettes said:
oh hey tom, we're still trying to set up a show with Mucopus, HCN, IWEIPH, TOS, you guys, and Terminally Your Aborted Ghost. You down? check the other thread..we're thinking November 6th? or 13th?

yeah just let me know.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 8,2004 12:12am
RustedAngel said:
hahah "this is the breakdown" hahahaha

oh...LOL. hes a pretty fuckin funny dood.
he says youre powerkok?
im like yup
he goes what , do you have a huge cock or something?

LOL

toggletoggle post by human bone death machine at Sep 8,2004 12:14am
these are sick mang

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Sep 8,2004 12:55am
sounds decent for a live recording but he lost alot of the punch by rolling off the low end to make room for the vox. makes the mid section sound muddy on "busy" parts.

do you know if he actualy tracked it track by track? or just in stereo? if it is track by track can you get the wav. for remixing?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 8,2004 8:10am
I THINK he tracked it in stereo? but what do I know, I can try to find out.

toggletoggle post by subjugate shn at Sep 8,2004 9:39am
i didn't know they were recording it audio wise

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Sep 8,2004 11:04am
im pretty sure it was stereo cause i sat behind the guy at the bar and there where only 2 wav files to every track. thats kind of lame i wish i could take the feed from the house engineer and push record and get 50 bucks for doing nothing.

my friend who owns a studio in grafton loses his lease this month. he, myself and another friend are turning a garage into a studio. should be open next month. all 3 of us record and have our own setups but all 3 setups will come together for one sick setup when finished. im pretty sure i want to record porphyria.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 8,2004 11:15am
well, I don't think he just pressed record, He told us he had to mix and master it if that means anything? haha.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Sep 8,2004 11:33am
mix and master a stereo track means.....................play with the EQ, light compression, fade out of songs, and normalize the tracks so they have the loudest playback on a cd before distortion. actualy he did not mix anything the house engineer did.

trust me he just pushed record.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 8,2004 11:34am
haha ok. damn. ah well, better than nothing... at least we have an idea what we sound like recorded.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 8,2004 12:58pm
subjugate shn said:
i didn't know they were recording it audio wise

you didn't? i saw many posts about it on the AAF board.

toggletoggle post by ASSUCK   at Sep 8,2004 1:03pm
you guys sound a lot better with a real drummer. i've listened to those tracks with the drum machine a bunch of times, and they were good, but jesus christ.

toggletoggle post by ASSUCK   at Sep 8,2004 1:03pm
this ones called...BLEAUUUUURGGGGHH...

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 8,2004 1:19pm
ASSUCK said:
this ones called...BLEAUUUUURGGGGHH...

hahahahhaaha!

tim's funny as hell.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 8,2004 1:19pm
ASSUCK said:
you guys sound a lot better with a real drummer. i've listened to those tracks with the drum machine a bunch of times, and they were good, but jesus christ.

don't bring jesus into this.

toggletoggle post by ASSUCK   at Sep 8,2004 1:23pm
sorry...

chesus jist

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 8,2004 2:58pm
jizzus rice

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 8,2004 7:18pm
bump.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 8,2004 7:23pm
this is WAAAAAAAAYYY FUUUUCCCKKKINNNGG better than the demo.

You should use this as a representation of your band over that demo with the drum machine.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 9,2004 12:54am
yeah we might just put both on 1 disc for the hell of it.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 9,2004 8:18am
yeah we might just put both on 1 disc for the hell of i.

toggletoggle post by Nolin04 at Sep 9,2004 10:58am
Not bad at all for a live recording

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 10,2004 9:32am
yeah...we'll record something real after we get a few more songs down.

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Sep 11,2004 11:33am
sounds good...you guys ae sick...we need a show together fuckers!!!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 11,2004 4:01pm
thanks mothafuka..

fuck yeah we need a show together.

toggletoggle post by human bone death machine at Sep 11,2004 6:46pm
yeah, i agree with rob. we gotta book a show with teratism, porphiria, and hbbsi on it

toggletoggle post by dinitwit at Sep 18,2004 2:39am
hey this messege goes to josh hates you! i did the recording for porphyria live. first off you should not talk about something that you don' t have the complete story on . i didn't just hit record and burn them a copy. i had a drum mix, insrument mix, and vox mix from the board. i spent at least three hours at home trying to get a good sound. but i had no control; on mic placement or levels on the board. the sound guy was riding the faders throughout the set. therefore there's not much i can do if the sound guy turned the guitar down on the board. because of that the bass goes up when to turn the track up. and yes i realize the guitars are low. i am in the porcess of trying to correct the problem. again i am not working with seperate tracks people. i have the ut most confidence that I can get the guitars to sound a little better. and i am not chargeing the band extra money to do so. they needed a copy soon after the show so i didn't spend as much time as I would of liked on it. i had to compress the shit out of every thing just to try and get a level sound. when the band gets the new copy i'm sure they will post it.
again i didn't have full control of the sound and i work like a motherfucker to correct the problems of a live recording and let me tell you to any body that wants to record live unless you have full control it's going to be hard to get a sound your happy with.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Sep 18,2004 8:02am
maybe you should get 24 inputs for your little computer rig for next time and tell the sound guy to fuck off and use all your own mics and feeds.

sorry but taking feeds from the house is lame. and you say you had 3 tracks. woooooooooooooooo. sorry i only saw 2 files open on your screen. still sucks when there are 12 mics.

my biggest gripe isnt the level of guitars its the definition. everything is flat. no dynamics. no punch. weak low end. most of this is probably due to the house engineer lowering the low eqs to get the "muddy" sound out of the PA. eqs are drasticly different for live situations vs. recording.

toggletoggle post by dinitwit at Sep 18,2004 11:52am
to josh hates you . i have no gripes with you. i do have more than 3 inputs on my little computer rig. i don't know what you saw on my computer screen but i did have three seperate stereo tracks. if you don't beleive me i will be happy to meet with you and show you. yes i would rather mic the instruments myself but i didn't have that option for that show. i'll tell ya i hardly do live recording just for the reasons you expressed. and i don't plan on doing much more in the way of live recording in the future. i did this show as a favor to my friend mike from postal. i fully explained the situation to any band that payed me to record. i think most bands and people realize what they get from a live recording. i hope you do well with your studio. one piece of advice though. if your going into buisness be carefull with your mouth. luckily i'm not an asshole nor am i trying to be one, but there are people out there that are. it would be a good idea to get your facts straight before you talk about people you don't know. legaly you could have got your self in trouble. slander, defimation of character, libel, look it up. don't take what i said the wrong way. have a good day

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 19,2004 10:28pm edited Sep 19,2004 10:28pm
we're pretty happy with the recording as is...we know mark did everything in his power to make it sound as good as it could given the time we wanted to pick it up at the beginning of the week. He's actually going to spend more time on it to make it sound a bit better and mailing it to me. I'll let you know when the current version is replaced. Thanks again mark.

toggletoggle post by jake at Sep 19,2004 10:47pm
wow @ all the songs, specifically Deprivation.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 22,2004 9:17am
\m/

toggletoggle post by arsonick   at Sep 22,2004 2:21pm
this shit is so fucking good

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][8:05:19am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01740 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]