New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> did anyone here ever custom order a Jackson ? by litacore on Sep 3,2004 2:09pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by litacore   at Sep 3,2004 2:09pm
do you know any Jackson dealers in or around Boston who actually know what they're doing? Did you deal with a certain rep?

I called Guitar Center and

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Sep 3,2004 2:21pm

toggletoggle post by shitska at Sep 3,2004 2:38pm
I have only ordered a custom Jackson guitar in my dreams and there it will forever stay. Ah, yes. RR1-T.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 3,2004 3:00pm
music mall deals them.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 3,2004 3:00pm
in manch nh

toggletoggle post by honor4death   at Sep 3,2004 3:07pm
they are like $3000 right off the bat

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Sep 3,2004 3:58pm
Yeah I sold my car and a kidney so I could get a bare bones flying v with one fucking pickup.

FUCK.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Sep 3,2004 4:40pm
fuckit, I'll just get a Dean, heh

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Sep 3,2004 4:41pm
Do it. Get a usa dean. None of that korean shit.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 3,2004 4:50pm
esp ltd ax350 is pretty sweet.

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Sep 3,2004 4:55pm
FUCK ltd.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Sep 3,2004 5:25pm
no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go jackson man!!

toggletoggle post by Cryptic Anthony at Sep 3,2004 5:41pm
Dave from Cryptic Warning just had a $2000 custom warrior built for him. It arrives November 1st. I can't fucking wait.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 3,2004 6:03pm
Jesus. That's awesome

-HOoker

toggletoggle post by ASSUCK   at Sep 3,2004 6:10pm
i think mccracken from Phantom Limb just got one but it might not have been a jackson

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Sep 3,2004 8:28pm
http://www.mattsmusic.com/ - Cool guy to deal with, located in Weymouth & Kingston.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Sep 3,2004 11:34pm
the warrior is an awesome guitar man. my bro has a 91 neck through, man thats the most comfy guitfiddle i have ever played, perfectly balanced

toggletoggle post by honor4death   at Sep 6,2004 1:30am
ASSUCK said:
i think mccracken from Phantom Limb just got one but it might not have been a jackson

yea he just got one, its sweet saw it friday night. i been thinking about getting a custom jackson done as well, nothing to fancy or expensive, neck threw, bloodsplatter paint, and none of that floyd rose shit...

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 6,2004 1:40am
I want to custom make a BC Rich Bass.

toggletoggle post by honor4death   at Sep 6,2004 1:43am
i was thinking about a custom bc rich because stoughton music is a dealer and i saw someone pick one up there. so i asked about them the other day and they said that bc rich is a horrible company to work with, it took that guy 2 years to get his guitar and they would never return phone calls or anything so i said fuck that id rather play a jackson anyway.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 6,2004 2:01am
has anyone ever played an Ironbird here? Comfortable at all?

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 6,2004 2:03am
i'd play a jackson guitar over a bc rich guitar any day. the nicest bc rich that i've played was nj beast, they make better shit than that, i know they do. the ironbird interests me.

toggletoggle post by litacore with a strange parasitic phallus growin... think before typing ... at Sep 7,2004 12:00pm
I once had an Ironbird bass. The scale was too long though.

they are pretty fuckin badass looking though.

toggletoggle post by Dick_Bloodeye at Sep 7,2004 7:32pm edited Sep 7,2004 7:35pm
if it's a handmade, they find the balancing point on handmades before they put strap buttons in, so it will balance fine. and about the extended scale, bigger scales are better for almost every purpose. BCrich has the best stock pickups I've ever seen in thier NJ basses.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Sep 7,2004 7:33pm
BCrich guitars (formerly owned by bernie rico and bernie rico jr, now owned by HHI) are slowly but surely going down the tube, the first independant luthier Neal Moser designed guitars for them (the bich, warlock, virgin, and seagul) as well as the first active electronic pickup and 8 string bass, now has his own company called moser custom shop. if you like killer looking guitars, he's a MUST. check out his guitars at mosercustomshop.com. HHI, after hiring a few ,morons who screw up orders, are losing alot of buisiness, they even lost mick thompson and soon kerry king will follow. they are probably going to close the door on thier handmade/custom shop due to profit loss and they are going to downsize and focus on thier import korean made serieses. wich by the way suck. Now, Jackson guitars, founded by grover jackson and wayne charvel, are slowly following the same path, focusing more on the cheap low quality imports for faster production and more profit. thier quality doesn't seem to suffer at the moment however. I placed an order for a custom jackson over a month ago, of course a handmade guitar is going to takre about 7-12 months to build, mine has custom inlays for wich I had to provide the meterial, everything about it is basically a red flag in the sence that it's not an ordinary order, and Grover has stayed on the same page with me throughout the whole ordering process. I ordered it through Matt of matt'smusic in weymouth who is a great dealer, but a little slimy if you don't know what your looking for he likes to take advantage. a great dealer though.
through a dealer, the custom quote is only to configure options, the price they give you on the quote calculater is much like list or sugested price, the actual price will only be from 66.6%-75% of that. NO guitar with standard options will cost you three grand.

to sum it up, BC Rich makes much better guitars and inovations than jackson, but only guitars prior to 96 when HHI took over and guitars bult 81-89 where class axe took over, both eras were poor. currently, jackson has the edge though and they make a great guitar and have a great staff. niether of wich can toutch MCS or YAVCON quality though.

Good luck with your order.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Sep 7,2004 7:46pm
to cover a few other topics, Dean is one of the worst guitar companies in the world next to Electric Sound Productions. Thier USA shop has the worst laminate work I've seen in my entire life . I'd get a 99$ epiphone or squier of better quality before Dean. Dean doesn't even use neckangle in thier neckththrough guitars wich means no sustain.

ESP, owned by samsontech along with schecter, have some good quality low end imports like thier f200, ec200, m200 ect models. for the price those are the best, thier mid and high end ltd imports are a waste of money and low quality, they use fake methods of luthery like the 'set thru' neck wich is the same as a set neck but with a bigger paddle that doesn't make any difference at all, but they charge extra for it, and 'earvanna compensation nut' wich loses effect the second you fret any note and only works on open notes. I'm weary of ESPs imports because of the shamefull quality and the fact that they are a copycat company that just steals designs from everyone else. that's what you get when you employ french guitar building methods. thier custom shop is amazing however, but they are not 100% clean, they have a few horror stories, nothing as bad as bcrich though. do the world a favor and employ a non-caplitolist guitar industry to make your guitar, the quality and cause is much greater than a multi milliopn dollar industry, but if you must buy a guitar from a monopoly like Dean, go with Jackson by fender and don't suport the other trash.

toggletoggle post by litacore with a strange parasitic phallus growin... think before typing ... at Sep 7,2004 7:46pm
those moser guitars look awesome. They remind me of the old guitars Voivod used to play when they were still thrash.

I can't believe I actually saw a Kahler Pro on that Brian Hoffman model! those fuckers are EXTINCT!

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Sep 7,2004 7:49pm
HAHA gary Kahler actually stopped making tremolos and started fabricating golf clubs, he's currently rebuilding his empire and Neal Moser is the first to get one of the new age kahlers and while being a fixed bridge fan, they are remarkable. Brian has two guitars recently produced by MCS. one is a spin off of the BCRich Beast (wich brian designed and sent into bcr to buyild, but bernardo rico jr stole the design, something bcr is infamous for doing) it's called the beast master and Neal built the entire guitar in just seven days, unheard of the the industry.

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Sep 7,2004 7:55pm
I almost bought a 1979 koa mockingbird for $1300 but when I went to put money down on it it was gone. It sat for over a year in Mr. Music in Allston. Full electronics and everything.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Sep 7,2004 9:51pm
the full electronic booster was also designed by Neal. great item definately. I'm pretty sure the black ice onboard distortion was him too.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 7,2004 9:54pm
Hooker said:
FUCK ltd.

fuck you!
ltd makes the best axe for the money!! hands down!

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 7,2004 9:58pm
and I own both a jackson rhoads and an ltd mh300
and a bc rich nj warlock supreme.
and have owned lots of others.
I will say my fav metal guitar is a jackson kelly.

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Sep 7,2004 10:01pm
I'd rather a shit Jackson than a shit ESP. I have a jackson kelly. It's the STD one though. STD>

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 7,2004 10:35pm
hey, everyone has their prefs...but for the money...u cant get a neck thru jackson for the price of a neck thru esp...I will say the hardware on the ltds is chinsy...but then again except for the trem, so is jacksons .
I had more probs with my jackson than my esp as well.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Sep 7,2004 10:37pm
the hardware on ESP isn't drop cast like jacksons, technicsally it is weaker, but both could be run over with a mac truck so it doesn't really matter. as far as hardware on low end guitars, schecter kicks them both in the ass. fixed bridges all the way nugga.

toggletoggle post by honor4death   at Sep 7,2004 10:38pm
i want to order a warrior, neck thru, set bridge, with the blood splatter paint. and it would cost $3000?? i mean, its not like i want super expensive wood, or anything...just take a normal warrior, and throw some new paint on that shit...it shouldn't cost anywhere near $3000 for that.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Sep 7,2004 10:51pm
it might hit 2 grand depending on pickups and hardware.
like I said, the quote they give you on the website is suggested retail price. If SRP on a guitar is 500$, no one will sell it for that, they will sell it for map price wich would be about 300$.

honor4death, if your just looking for the warrior shape and paint job and not an actual custom handmade instrament, your better off just buying an import warrior and having a third party painter (gmw guitar works is probably the best in the planet) do that custom paint job. the paint job would cost like 300$

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Sep 7,2004 10:58pm
I'd also like to point out that even if the guitar was 3000 bucks, it takes up to 12 months for the company to make, so you have the whole period of 12 months to pay for it. it's not tough at all. a measily 50$ a week will close to pay it off

toggletoggle post by honor4death   at Sep 7,2004 11:03pm
never thought of that either...

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Sep 7,2004 11:37pm
yea, it's like buying a car. you don't just throw $30,000 in a paper bag at the car dealer. Alot of people over look that and say things like '3000$ is way to much to pay for a guitar' but it's really just small amounts of pocket change a week. buying a 3000$ guitar over the course of a year is probably easier than buying a 200$ squier. I put my custom order through (decided on a jackson rhodes v with custom inlays on the fretboard and back of the guitar body. I suplied the meterials and it still came to about 4,200$ almost 6000 list. they asked for 25 percent down (I paid exactly 1000$ down in my case) so just be prepared to put a decent chunk of change down (anywhere from 15-50 %), after that it's smooth sailing

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Vaulted Christian Satyr
[default homepage] [print][3:24:45am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01748 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]