New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by armageddonday at 2004-08-18 19:24:49
My points were:
1. You don't ask money to other people to open your own business and then charge them the money to go see shows. I don't know, my point is really if you want to open a business just do it but don't ask for shit if you can.
2. Non profit are a pain in the ass to set up. When we talk to the city about our project the guy we weent to talk to, told us straight up front that a non-profit won't happen. Plus it's a lot of paperwork, everything you do as to go through a "board of directors" it's like meeting after meeting after meetings, a business is a business, if you open a club your job is to book and promote not to have meetings.
3. You guys don't realise what it takes to release something, then get rid of it, do the books etc and if you actually make money it's like 6 months after. NOT WORTH IT> FIND SOMETHING ELSE>
4.My interest is to bring touring bands and put locals on it. You can have a bar and be all ages. NO FUCKING WAY you can get a tour like Exhumed/Kataklysm/Diabolic/Malignancy for $2000, pay it, break even, and pay your staff without a bar. Now if you only want to do local shows, just rent a hall or something.

We went to the bank, they basically told us this is like a restaurant it's a high risk business, so they will only give you $ if you have a solid business plan. They want to see incomes and expenses. They want to know how many shows you're going to get, how many people are going to be there, how much money you'll do at the door, at the bar. Then they want you to deduct all your expenses (utilities, insurance, payroll, garanties, etc). Whatever leftover money you get from that, this is what they will let you borrow.
[default homepage] [print][11:08:07am May 10,2024
load time 0.01059 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]