New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by grandmotherweb at 2017-09-30 17:12:03
check out this article that TST commented on about how NOT to be an activist:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropology...evens-or-how-not-to-be-an-activist/

"One such activist who is starting to make a name for himself, and achieving real-world results, is Chaz Stevens. I’ll not mince words here and get straight to the point I wish to make, which is that Chaz Stevens is the absolute worst kind of secular activist and it is high-time someone publicly called him out on his bullshit.
For many secular activists, like my friend Brian Conklin, Stevens is simply too much. “What may have started as an effort to introduce plurality into a very one-sided discourse, Mr. Stevens’s methods have since devolved into crass buffoonery,” says Conklin, “I am convinced that his projects are now only intended to gain publicity and irritate Christians.”
In Florida, Stevens’ obnoxious behavior and blatant insincerity have accomplished nothing more than simply shutting down the conversation. The invocations might be a thing of the past, but for entirely the wrong reasons. Stevens is like the obnoxious little brother in the backseat who annoys mom and dad to the point of turning the car around. Thanks, Chaz, now nobody gets to go to Chuck E. Cheese."
[default homepage] [print][2:56:26am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.00721 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]