New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by shutup fagget at 2014-03-31 09:49:05
KOBE_SBM said[orig][quote]
THANK YOU for toning down the confrontational attitude. I also want to discuss this in a cordial and mature manner.

I will give you that, SGU does have some great CGI, and its very hard to do if you know CGI programming. But its important that the CGI is relevant to the effect being sought. When you have some background in physics, you know that slow drifting swirls like the ones which drift over Destiny while its traveling in hyperspace (or FTL) or whatever, even if such travel were possible are an IMPOSSIBILITY. Does that bear on the quality of the CGI work? No. But it does fly in the face of science and physics. Its like showing a CGI meteor about to hit a planet, trailing behind it is water and lemon slices. I can accept the “whoosh” sounds in space when ships pass, and the sound of weapons (both would be impossible because sound does not propagate in space), but swirls? Nope.

In BSG, the CGI was awesome because it added realism. Star Trek used some of that BSG-esque CGI in the space scenes as well. Star Trek has also been nominated in another VES category, and in the same category as Stargate Universe VES nomination is BSG, Defying Gravity, Fringe and V. I dont think Stargate Universe will win it, but who knows? Being nominated is not that big of a deal…its like fourth and fifth place ribbons. WINNING is the big deal. And I find it amusing that the only episode which has been nominated is the one which had the battle at Icarus Base and the planet exploding, and was more SG1-like than all SGU episodes. I agree about Joel Goldsmith’s soundtrack. Beautiful…but still inappropriate for Stargate.

I use quote marks and the ellipsis in my writing because it communicates my thoughts more effectively. When it comes to artistic expression like screenplays, its always the overall work which is most relevant, not just parts of it. One cannot just lavish praise on a turd because the color was such a lovely shade of brown.

Again, thank you for being more cordial. I will do the same.

shutup fagget
[default homepage] [print][1:08:01pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.04027 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]