New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by Snowden at 2014-03-21 10:12:57
shitcunt said[orig][quote]
http://www.icdv.idaho.gov/conference/handouts/False-Allegations.pdf

It varies from year to year apparently. 8% was the actual total in 1996 according to FBI statistics. But in the above study, they say from year to year, it averages between 2 and 10%

You aren't reading that article correctly. It lists a ton of reasons why police departments are generally unable to accurately assess this issue (i.e. why official FBI numbers are not gonna be accurate), mentions 30 years' worth of studies that "attempted some degree of scrutiny of police classifications" and found a wide range of numbers between 2% and 10% (but with no meta-analysis of these results), and then describes a small university study that found a 6% rate of "false reports" with some of them actually ambiguous and the sample so small that there's no way that result is generalizable even to the larger college population, let alone the States as a whole. That is, if they'd even run statistical analysis of it, which they didn't.

I mean, I'll give you that this is at least a legit article. But it doesn't say what you think it says.
[default homepage] [print][3:41:51pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.00667 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]