New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by ArrowHead Logged In at 2013-01-14 12:28:03
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
Nothing sad or retarded about that.

You're right, nothing sad about ignoring 5 posted videos in a row and instead dismiss a band based on a comparison on the internet by a dude you clearly don't agree with.

In the end, it's about bands getting a shot at our ear. When you already enjoy the headliner, and it's only a sacrifice of a few minutes, not listening is asinine.

Right now Jolly is looking at some traumatic shit. They just lost their entire studio, rehearsal space, and home. All their gear, the entire new album that was being recorded, etc... gone. And that is added to the difficulty of them trying to build a following, just like you or any other musician has to deal with. And for every one person I've seen listen and say "this is great" or "this sucks", I've seen 5 guys like you who won't even bother to listen. Sad. Retarded.

To put it in perspective, when you first started promoting Dreaded Silence over on the Baystate Rock board some, what, ten years ago? I took the five minutes and listened. Granted, I'm not a huge fan, but I LISTENED. Same went for The Departed/Sacreligion, and all the other locals at the time. In fact, rarely will I see someone post a song, link, or video that I don't listen to it. Rarely do I dig it, but to me it's how I find a huge amount of music I've never heard of. Listening, not going off reviews, names, genres, or comparisons.

TLDR - listen to it. What's the worst that happens, you don't like a song?

[default homepage] [print][10:55:22pm May 01,2024
load time 0.02134 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]