New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by ShadowSD at 2012-10-26 08:48:43
Burnsy said[orig][quote]
The stat on donors is an important one. I think Shadow's point about populists uprisings against big finance is a bit short sighted though. The way I've seen these populist uprisings as against big BUSINESS, including of course the financial industry. Maybe I don't understand the stat, but I'm not quite comfortable with government money funding any campaign.

No one would be. The stat is misleading - it all includes contributions from people who work at the listed organizations. No official government money can go to any campaign as a private donation, it would be illegal.

I agree the uprising was against big business generally, not just the financial industry, but that was the biggest target, as its the biggest business out there - not to mention its the industry that wrecked the economy and took money out of all our pockets.

Thing is though, looking at most other giant corporations like oil companies, the donations are lopsided towards Romney also.

The one sole area of slant towards Obama donations from big business and its employees appears to be from the computer technology industry, most of whom want the candidate devoted to research and investment in order to further advancement in their field; besides, it's also hard to argue the populist uprising against big business was directed at all towards information tech anyway, I don't remember any Occupy Google signs.
[default homepage] [print][1:00:25am Apr 30,2024
load time 0.02481 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]