New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by Lynneaus at 2004-07-13 19:21:37
alright i took the time to read this whole thread so im going to reply. a few quick notes....week night shows suck...they usually never have a good draw (yes even at the palladium)... because not everyone is 16 and off for the summer... sure it sucks to get old and have responsibilities and having to get up in the morning for work. i lived in worcester for 5 years, and for the past 2 years i have lived 10 minutes outside of worcester. i do go to local shows but not as many as i would like. its not because people in worcester are lazy and dont support local metal as someone states... its because lack of advertising. i mean sure i can come here.. but i dont always get a chance to. as someone who has handed out flyers and had to sweep them up off the ground... hardly anyone reads flyers when they leave shows.... whatever happened to people advertising shows on metalupdate? or putting up flyers around places (such as stores or around town)?? i was in Toronto reccently and you couldnt find a pole anywhere around that didnt have flyers advertising shows.
and also its about getting your name and sound out there. too many people rely solely on the net. you know how i got into Bane of Existence? Jim gave me a tape. You know how i first heard Acephalus? the guys from the band were at the show and talked up their band. Blistered Earth? yup members of the band talked it up.

if you dont actively go out and tell people about your band... why should you expect people to put in effort to find out about you? it works both ways.... and sure i want to check out new bands... but its like finding a needle in a haystack.

give out promos ...talk up your band and your shows... and let your art be heard.
[default homepage] [print][11:11:46am May 05,2024
load time 0.00696 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]