New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by Anapa at 2011-11-11 19:53:39
ThirdKnuckle said[orig][quote]
Anapa said[orig][quote]
Who owns the songs? Isn't it the person who wrote them?
Back to the point, if the person who does not "own" these songs somehow has come to possess them, then how is this possible? Especially if you are insinuating that the person who wrote the songs is actually the person who is giving them out? How would that person not own these songs? That seems a bit impossible.

owning songs and owning recordings of songs are 2 very different things. are the songs copyrighted? who holds the copyrights? are they registered with a publisher? if so, who registered them and with what publisher?

Well, I don't know, and honestly I don't care. Where I come from, art belongs to the artists who created it.

Andy wrote all the lyrics, that is common knowledge, he probably never bothered copyrighting them, he's too much of a simpleton in those regards. I doubt he ever even bothered figuring out how that process works, and may not even know that it exists.

Either that, or someone else went ahead and got the copyrights to the songs and music in their name. That wouldn't be bright. I honestly doubt Andy would even care, like I said, he has no concept of the ownership of music whatsoever, however, I've known a few Muses in my day, and they can be fickle mistresses about who they go around inspiring. Generally, if you take credit for someone else's creations, they won't be visiting you anytime soon, figuring that you don't need them, as you'll just do the same thing again when you need to inflate your ego, rather than doing it the old fashioned way.

I guess it gets fairly ambiguous when you get involved with something as pointless as the music business though, and that's a hard lesson for some people to learn.
[default homepage] [print][2:15:42pm Apr 29,2024
load time 0.00839 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]