New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by dreadkill at 2011-06-20 13:41:56
ShadowSD said[orig][quote]
This will sound kind of obvious, but sometimes needs to be said from time to time, so I'll just come out and say it: if you are a band who has expressed an interest in playing but your answer is no, don't just assume I'll figure it out if you don't contact me, because there are plenty of times bands have legitimately taken a few days to track everybody in the group down before giving me a yes, so no word means I don't know what's going on at all.

If the answer is a no, it's cool, five seconds in a phone call or e-mail saying "no we can't do it" makes not just my life easier but that of each band that will ultimately be on the bill, a bill which will be finalized earlier instead of waiting around for bands that have internally decided not to play but didn't take five seconds to tell anybody.

Common sense, I know, and most of us know better than to leave others hanging, but I find it needs to be said with some bands who are talented and good people but nonchalantly take the "he'll just assume" approach because they don't realize the problems it causes. That kind of stuff is actually a real drag on putting shows together as any band who has done so will tell you. Obnoxious rant over.

speaking to this point, i apologize for not getting back to you yet about this. we're not going to have our new set of songs ready in time to play this year, but i hope you do it again next year. the time we played a few years back was a lot of fun.
[default homepage] [print][11:15:46pm May 11,2024
load time 0.00723 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]