New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by t2daeek at 2011-04-14 23:05:58
curt mangan strings aren't bad if you're looking for something different to try . i use those for most of the repairs/restrings at my store. very much like ghs. cheaper though. as far as quality goes, there's so little difference between most brands. strings are all generally dumb, brand to brand. DRs are a little different than most others.
thomastik makes the most bomb ass strings on the face of the earth but I know that i don't like dumping 15 bucks on a set of strings. just stay away from d'aquisto strings and anything with the name peavey, yamaha, or anything else like that on it. that's all factory fuck up shit that they companies get for pennies and basically give away.
but yea, if you break a LOT of strings then chances are you have a burr in your string saddle. if you break them at the nut, you need to get the slot modified. if you play a strat or any fender with a trem then you can have several issues.
edit: now i'm reading this realizing you don't have problems with strings breaking. just my two cents then i guess.
[default homepage] [print][5:23:55am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.00670 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]