New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by kali_mah at 2011-04-13 15:28:58
I find that most people assume I’m involved in Black Metal in order to meet men. This couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s true that I met my boyfriend through playing music, but lucky for me my boyfriend is an honest and respectful individual as well as a brilliant musician. These categories, true metalheads, hipster metalheads, etc, could be applied to any social scene. What really angers me is when I see other women disrespected just because they are women and when I see other women behaving like groupies. For me, Black Metal is an outlet to express my emotion about the social constraints applied to me because I’m a woman. Black Metal isn’t about gaining approval for proving self-worth. When I can hang out with my friends, drink a beer, and listen to Melencolia Estatica, that’s when my love for Black Metal shines through. Black Metal elitism is just like any other form of elitism, it is an expression of self-doubt as well as a symbol of social conformity. I love Etta James just as much as I love Absu, I’m not going to walk around and pretend to be a metal know-it-all, or that Black Metal is the only music I listen to. I respect people who strive to be free of social norms.
[default homepage] [print][11:31:58am May 08,2024
load time 0.00657 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]