New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by MillenialKingdom at 2011-04-09 19:26:43
Headbanging_Man said[orig][quote]
MillenialKingdom said[orig][quote]
In fact, if anyone has a problem with the government, instead of joining domestic terrorist groups or starting protest events, run for office yourself. That's what I plan on doing some day down the road. Sure, I hate what the government does too and a lot of our elected officials are nothing but babbling baffoons. I can just as easily vote them out of office.

That's all fine and dandy, and indeed there is some wiggle room for local politics, but national electioneering is not a contest in democracy and policy, it's a matter of commerce. I'm sure if you adopt the right agenda, national office is possible, I just hope you support:

- Unimpeded Israeli expansion and war crimes
- Environmental and financial deregulation
- Corporate tax breaks
- Poorly regulated nuclear power
- Mountain-top coal mining
- Locking up millions of non-violent drug offenders
- More bases, more wars, more depleted uranium, more torture, wider and wider definitions of "terrorism" (to include peaceful political protest)
- Continued bailouts to industries ranging from banking to health insurance to airlines to energy production to telecommunications
- All PATRIOT Acts, current and future
- Prison-terms for whistleblowers
- Courts weighted strictly in favor of corporate/monetary power against civil/employee/environmental interests
- Death to Social Security, Medicare and public schools

As long as you're on board with this All-American agenda, you'll really go places!

You're basically just rallying against the Republican party according to this post. I am a registered Independent. I've been voting for Ron Paul since he's been running but of course the ones who make the most sense get pushed to the backburner. Presidential elections are based on superficial popularity which is why Sarah Palin gets a lot of attention.
[default homepage] [print][12:27:12pm May 16,2024
load time 0.01085 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]