New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco at 2011-03-16 14:21:56
I've been working in IT for about 6 years now. I've had some schweet jobs and my resume looks awesome, but one thing I've never done is get certified. I've read all 4 core exam guides for MCSE as well as a CCNA book cover to cover. Stupidly, I never took the tests. My goal right now is to certify what I already know. I thought about taking those MCSE exams (they're not slated to be retired any time soon) and then upgrade to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator with 2 tests, but that's like 9 tests total. I decided to say fuck that and just get my MCITP:EA. Only 5 tests. Once I do what I SHOULD have done before, I'll do some research and see what I want to study up on next. It will have to be something I obviously enjoy and makes sense with where I want to go on the ol' career path... possibly some VMware or Citrix virtualization shizzle. I'll figure that out later and weigh all the options.

Anyway.. here's what MCITP certs are out there right now:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcitp.aspx#tab2

As you can see there's quite a few, and some only require a couple tests. As for how long it takes... I was able to read through a single MCSE exam guide in about 4 or 5 weeks. You may be able to do the same. I wish I could have back that kind of pace. It's hard right now since my boss is working me like a dog and draining my fucking soul.
[default homepage] [print][8:52:03am May 21,2024
load time 0.00704 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]