New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by frankovhell at 2011-12-14 11:06:49
I had a great time. San Antonio is really boring though after about 2 days. I'll take over Maryland though.

Highlights!

Prefest.

Dispirit killed everyone. Never heard this band before, a awesome mix of doom with some weird black metal parts mixed in. Really great riffs and perfect guitar sound in an otherwise shitty sounding venue (Bonds 007). John Gossard from Weakling's band. A really nice guy btw with excellent taste in music. Ares Kingdom was pretty good that night as well. Drawn & Quartered I thought were totally over rated. I missed Vaeseleth which i blame on my stupid plane being late.

First night of actual fest.

Ritual Necromancy. Fucking evil evil dark Incantation ritual. Great early band I've never heard of.

Weapon, holy fucking shit these guys are soooooo good. Song writing is top notch. Guitar riffs are amazing. Reminded me of classic old bands in prime. Best band of the night for me.

Inquisition - obviously is top notch, in a league of their own. I saw them in Montreal recently and they were better there because of the sound being perfect. The sound at this fest was bouncing around a lot. Still a great great set though.

Second night!

I drank a lot of fucking every king of liquor this night so i dont remember a lot...

Antaeus.. totally over rated band. Completely one trick pony. I was so dissapointed in them. Think of hte worst Marduk song with Legion being played over and over and over again on repeat.

Zemial - Fucking ruled. I wish I was more sober and remembered more..

Demigod - Fucking death metal no frills. good stuff. Singer was a little tough guy sounding but being finnish makes up for it for some reason.

Adorior! - Fucking aggressive as hell, great set. Finally seeing them live, was pretty awesome.

MIDNIGHT - wow, only band to make every one start stage diving and crowd surfing. I had the biggest fucking smile on my face the entire time. So glad to see fucking Midnight bang vaginas again. Singer sounded really coked out when he was talking between songs.

Black Witchery - Best band of second day by far. So fucking HATEFULL. I love them. Great live every single time.

Cyanide was heavy as shit, massive headbanging, I did shots and forgot a lot. I think thats all i can remember from second day.

Third day!

Hungover all day. Doom bands... I wanted to go home honestly.

Mitocondrion - fucking awesome , sounded like a massive black death metal morbid angel fuck fest of insanity. My favorite band there.

Ipetuous Ritual. Twisted as fuck. Much better than Portal in my opionion.

I missed pallbearer.... fucking assholes switched them around to start 3rd, aslo i couldnt get out of bed because I wanted to die.

Ares Kingdom. I was way more drunk for them this time around and the guitar player is soooo fucking shredtastic I got up front and stood next to him and got a boner.

Mournfull Congregation was fucking great. I was really stoked with how great they sounded. They should of played longer

I cant remember anyone else really. There was no bands there I was really unhappy with honestly. Just some that stood out.

I enjoyed staying at Comfort Suites with my hotel discount from working for Choice and only paying 50 bucks for Jacuzzi and a heated pool. GOt to meet Melissa from Adorior and chat in the hot tub with her. Shes a real kind british lady off the stage.

Stayed 1 extra day to recoup. Saw some cops and talked with them in the hotel lobby and found out ol' Danny C, hadn't payed any of the bands hotel bills and the bands were talking about getting a lawyor to sue him. The hotel was holding his red piece of shit Neon out front which had a broken window busted out. The front desk guy said he ran off and owes the hotel 5400 bucks and wont return their calls. So they decided to hold his car. What a fucking joke.
ROD 4 will not happen. Guy is a fucking piece of shit. Guys from Weapon told me they didnt get any money for traveling whatsoever. THey were fucking pissed.
[default homepage] [print][12:43:40am May 07,2024
load time 0.00882 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]