New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by MarkFuckingRichards at 2011-03-06 15:38:05
howiehowe said[orig][quote]
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
markangryrichards

Here's the point, I'm not defending it, I'm telling you like it is, what we require, and if you don't want to sell tickets, I don't care, you just won't get on any of ours shows. But remember the choice to not play on these shows is yours, so we don't want to hear your whining about not getting opportunities. There are tons of bands who will do what you won't, and they will get the shows, you won't. The best you can hope for is that maybe you can find a show someplace else you can get on, and again, I don't care. Because most of the places you will get to play, and bands you will get to play with, will be small potatoes in comparison to a lot of the shows we are now planning. If a fan of yours asks why you can't get on such shows, we will say either you don't qualify, or you won't do what is required, that we require bands who can actually bring people to shows. Then you can explain to your fans, if you truly have many, why you get to play so few shows, and hope they accept your explanation.

FYI - We now have clubs in ME, NH, MA, and RI that we are booking shows in, and bands that do more than I require of them will get to play all of them with nationals. Do me a favor, never even ask to get on any of our shows, we'll use the bands who are willing to do the work. Five bands asked to get on this Blackguard show, and were willing to sell tickets, we only had time for three locals.

It makes absolutely NO SENSE for you to have to say any of that to any of us. We all know how it works, AND NO ONE IN THIS THREAD IS ASKING TO BE ON THE SHOWS. Reading comprehension, get into it. Technically you are defending it; you're defending it as much as the rest of us are defending our right to choose not to adhere to the business ethics at hand. I've never heard one band on this board ever whine about not getting on a show of this nature. I don't know what sort of bands are whining and complaining that they don't have the opportunity to sell tickets, but if they exist, they're not posting in this thread.

Also, keep in mind that as it's been stated above, most of the bands here don't give a shit how small or big the potatoes are, getting to play is enough. Big potatoes to some people may just be a favorite band from the midwest just rolling through on a DIY tour that only 15 people have ever heard of. That being said, a lot of us have also gotten the opportunity to play with huge bands without having to sell even one ticket.

The point I was making earlier is that bands on RTTP really aren't the bands for your market, aside from a select few that will do whatever it takes to get on a show. Sometimes bands don't need to get on big shows and sell tickets to become as known as they want to be. Sometimes word of mouth is all it takes to get the proper recognition. But, I'll try to remember not to come crawling on my hands and knees, crying and begging to be on a fucking Blackguard show when I'm not getting offered enough shows with bands that would up my street cred. And I'm not saying there are no bands willing to do the work you guys require, I'm saying that you won't find many here.
[default homepage] [print][4:30:58pm May 10,2024
load time 0.01059 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]