New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by ValkyrieScreams at 2011-02-21 08:52:17
Yeti said[orig][quote]
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
Tell that to the nazi marchers. Idk... they are fucking idiots to be sure, but I find it hard to justify stopping someone from doing something even if it doesn't make any sense. Going to the funeral ofa soldier who died and picketing that god killed him cause fags are marrying doesn't make any sense, but shutting down their voices doesn't seem to be the correct responce. I would think drowning out their voices is the best thing. Or crowding them out. Like instead of denying their rights to picket a funeral, get a group of 100 people hold pro-soilder signs, wearing nose plugs and covered with something that smells so foul that the wbc won't be able to be 20' near you. That will push them further and further away from the funeral.

this. i agree that we have the right to object to their ideology, but we do not have the right to silence them through violence or destruction. To shut down websites and cause harm to their followers or establishments will only bring unwanted sympathy to them.

Censorship is AntiAmerican imho. Its everywhere, yes, but I don't support it. And even though I think WBC is full of morons who would vastly improve society by diving headfirst off a tall bridge into a dry riverbed, I don't think anyone should try to force them to shut down their websites or stop preaching. I do think it is a worthwhile battle to stop them from encroaching on other peoples' rights by stopping them from picketing events/places such as funerals, abortion clinics and Holocaust memorials... but there are better ways of doing it than straight out prohibition. Counter-protests for example. Freedom of speech applies even to the things we don't believe in. People had best exercise it or else the only voices that will be heard are going to be those of the idiots who only speak to enjoy the sound of their own.
[default homepage] [print][10:25:55pm May 06,2024
load time 0.00779 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]