New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by morkul at 2004-05-19 11:01:37
George said:
attendmyrequiem said:
George said:
i would call jane doe by converge grind
i would also call converge amazing.

grind?
yeah converge sounds just like terrorizer, napalm death, phobia, etc.

I suppose as the sun sets is grind too?

oh jesus, dont give me your elitist metal nazi bullshit.
i fucking know what grind is. napalm death and nasum and rotten sound are some of my favorite bands.
what I'M saying is, i think there are two very different forms of grind. i think there's a big difference between grind metal and grind core.
i'd call napalm death, grind metal, or just grind since that's what it started as.
i'd call daughters/ATSS/Pig destroyer/everything else on robodog records grind core.
now, that's just what i'm labeling it as, because regardless of how you feel about it, people will are always going to be calling daughters grind, even if they're not phobia grind, so fucking get over it.
and yes, i would say the first two tracks of that converge album are grind songs, they clock in at 1:30, and are fast spazzy and hectic.
and for your information, i think daughters is garbage, and so was ATSS, although i do like their first album.
Napalm Death started as Grindcore, along with others Carcass, Unseen Terror, Lawnmower Death,Terrorizer,Bolt Thrower originally. If you want to get specific, you see there was this little sampler put out in 1988 or 1989 that introduced alot of these bands as"Grindcore", not metal this or that. Like I said before though, LABELS SUCK, but get your history right at least.

[default homepage] [print][6:03:38am May 02,2024
load time 0.01106 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]