New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by TheRidersofDoom at 2010-11-11 11:16:07
reimroc said[orig][quote]
Our economy does depend on China. 90% of the shit we use on a daily basis has been made in either china or some other southeast asian country.
Well no one wants to buy a toothbrush for twice the amount it costs now because here we would have to pay the workers an actual salary. Its sad but true.

I wouldn't mind buying most things American if they were made the American way, aka out of real materials and built to last.

I mean, back in the day garments used to be made in America and you could own a pair of pants that lasted 10-20 years. Everything I've worn made in Pakistan/India/China has been far inferior to American made of the same style.

That being said we've given into the paradigm that Aldous Huxely lampooned, the spend rather than mend mentality. Thus an increasing amount of American products have been downgraded in an attempt to compete with Asian goods, American cars being a prime example...Japanese cars are still far superior in price and quality to most American cars.

What we are missing though is that China is starting to even out with us, they subsidize their exports with taxpayer money and put tariffs on imported goods, that model can't last forever. What they want to do is create a monopoly by first destroying American manufacturing and then once this has been secured (and surprisingly we are still far off from losing our manufacturing industry though the MSM will report otherwise) China will slowly stop subsidizing their exports and we will watch as Chinese goods rise in price to what we consider American prices.
But of course we will probably switch to importing from Vietnam, Pakistan, India, or South America more heavily. And of course Africa is still the wild card as both China and the U.S. are waging a proxy war of sorts for control of resources and markets.

But whatever we do we can't blame ourselves (the consumer) because then we'd be commie-pinko terrorist lovers.

The way I see it is that every dollar is a vote, you can either vote for China or you can vote for the U.S.

Ameriguh, fuck yeah.
[default homepage] [print][1:10:42pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.01089 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]