New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by ArrowHeadNLI at 2010-08-02 19:24:44
I agree that PC is the best for a lot. I've been the fanboi for a long time. Unlike what everyone here says, I've had the same system I built years ago, and even the latest games I picked up (bioshock 2, Dragons Age, Borderlands, etc...) run fine on it. Every month, PC gamer lists a $500 system that can run every game out at the time, albeit at lower settings.

The point someone already made is far too true, however. No matter how much better FPS are with a 4000dpi mouse and short-throw keyboard, no matter how much easier RTS is with a full keyboard, and no matter how much smoother and BETTER the graphics look on every game I play, the industry lost faith in me. Less and less games are coming out for PC. The games that do come out are more and more often half-assed shitty ports, and a lot of the good titles are hitting the consoles first.

I gave up and bought a PS3. I love it. I will never EVER play FPS on that. I bought Resistance, and learned that incredibly fast. One of the first things I did when I got my PS3 was download demos of all the different games I had on PC, like Assasins Creed, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, and NOTHING looked as good. There's some stuff that is not even remotely the same, graphically. Whole backgrounds missing, lighting effects gone, etc...

I downloaded the Batman demo. What was the most playable and awesome set of PC controls I ever used was the most awkward fucking controller setup ever. The irony is, I can use a PS controller I have on my PC, and STILL preferred mouse and keyboard for that.

I will say that some games are turning out to suit the controller better, Assasin's Creed for one.

TLDR: Fuck PCs, I gave up and bought a PS3
[default homepage] [print][2:29:51pm May 14,2024
load time 0.00712 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]