New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by xmikex at 2010-06-07 18:06:16
DestroyYouAlot said[orig][quote]
I'm just looking for deets on the lemontrail girl drama.

The drama is all her.

A while back Nick emailed her a list of our upcoming shows and asked if she'd put it on her website which is supposedly devoted to listing upcoming Boston DIY shows. She emailed back and said she wouldn't because we have "extremely fucked up lyrics." When asked for an explanation she pointed to the song "Hey Gurl Wanna Turn Up Dead in Dorchester Bay" the lyrics to which aren't posted (or even written down for that matter) anywhere. She went on to say that she refused to post our shows because we "promote violence against women" a statement I personally (as the guy who writes the words n stuff) disagree with but whatever. But I figured meh, one girl with a stick up her ass that misinterpreted a song is bound to happen.

Then I found out that Mike from COA was flyering for our recent show in Everette. He spent his own time and money making flyers, and paid to get into a show at the Democracy Center where he politely asked if he could put his flyers with everyone else's flyers. Ms. Nazi Thing took one look at the flyers, removed them from the table, and threw them out. Mike came back to find his flyers gone and went into WTF mode. She said it was nothing against him but she "disagrees with our message" and decreed that any flyer with the words INTHESHIT on them aren't allowed in her venue... no matter who prints them/spends their time and money on them/or who else happens to be on that show. She then went and "got them from the kitchen" (aka dug them out of the trash) and gave them back to Mike.

That made me mad.

I honestly blame myself for not intervening and reaching out to her earlier to settle the miscommunication. Quite simply to assume that Intheshit stands for senseless violence against women is to assume that Intheshit stands for anything at all... which just isn't the case. I walk to work every day through the corner of Albany and Mass Ave and 90% of the lyrics I write are about things I see and hear on that corner. To me getting mad about a song about a slutty girl washing up on the rocks of Wollaston Beach is the same as getting mad at a news anchor telling you about it. Had I taken the time to prompt a discussion on the matter rather than just a reaction maybe minds would have been changed.

But it irks me considerably that friends of mine had their time and money wasted because 1 individual decides that they have the authority to dictate what goes into underground music. There's a word for the practice of gatekeeping and controlling information, picking and choosing who gets seen and heard based off of your own narrow ideals. That word is not "democracy" as the title of this girl's venue coincidentally lends. That word is fascism. And fascism in the name of rainbows & strawberry ice cream is still fascism. No matter what. It's the antithesis of one of the basic tenants of most all metal and hardcore. INTHESHIT might not stand for anything, but no matter what this is hardcore and HERE WE FIGHT FASCISM.

I mean... nazi bitch is nazi. lol.
[default homepage] [print][5:22:35pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.00679 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]