New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by Dave Public at 2010-06-07 15:55:16
This is Dave from Suffering Bastard, the guy who booked SFN in providence.
1. I got them on this bill as a favor to them. I did not book the show itself. There was a show already going on in the building we practice in. There was no way whatsoever that I was going to book a whole other show at another venue in competition with a show at my own space. I am not a booking agent, and have zero interest in being responsible for an entire bill worth of bands who are expecting to get payed.
2. I never promised anyone a metal or grind show. I made it clear to Graem from SFN that Suffering Bastard would not be playing, and that they would be playing with a bunch of NON-grind/hc/metal bands. I also told him that, since I wasnt booking the show, I would not be able to get other bands, IE Intheshit, on the bill. If they weren't satisfied with the arrangements, they could have gone right ahead and found another show in the area, in NH or wherever.

If you want to come out and support a band you like who are (GASP!) playing with bands that fall outside your black t-shirted comfort zone, please come out and do so.
If you want to piss and moan that a band you like is playing with a bunch of "hippy bands" (one of which features 1/2 of the Suffering Bastard lineup), start booking shows yourself. Christ knows I don't want to do it. Booking shows is a frustrating, thankless job 95% of the time, which is why I avoid it at all costs.
[default homepage] [print][8:21:46pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.00732 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]