New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by Lamp at 2010-04-12 21:10:32
In all honesty reading over that discussion I do have to agree with a lot of the people there. I personally wouldn't give a fuck if someone was wearing a Burzum shirt but you never know what kinds of people are out there in the world and what they would get mad about. Typically at shows nobody gives a shit and that is a serious bummer that some guy got bitched at in a place I would consider a safe-haven for all kinds of atypical ideas just for wearing a shirt that someone didn't agree with. But there are certain shirts I own that I don't really prominently display in public because they're profane or maybe just support an idea that might piss somebody off. Or maybe it just causes people to ask me tons of stupid questions because they're trying to figure out what my shirt means (as has been the case with one shirt I bought within the last year). I wouldn't go wearing my Weekend Nachos shirt in public that says "DEFEAT THE CHRISTIAN RIGHT" on the back because that might cause someone to get outraged at the idea I'm promoting on my shirt. As much as it might suck, they've got the right to give me crap about it because freedom of expression is a two sided coin. By not wearing a Burzum shirt or something like the shirt I just talked about, I'm closing that window of opportunity for people to express shit to me I just don't want to hear. I can listen to music and love it without other people who are clueless trying to tell me otherwise and I think that's just the point people in this thread are trying to get across.
[default homepage] [print][3:35:33am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.03432 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]