New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by arktouros at 2009-11-27 11:02:18
The gameplay mechanics are a whole lot better this time. There's not a whole lot of challenge here though. There's little incentive to use stealth, because whenever the guards swarm, you can literally fight off an army of them without getting hit once, if you've learned the nuances of the controls. Just like when you're climbing, when you're engaged in combat you can't be forceful with the controls, you need patience as he executes the commands.

The levels/cities are very well designed, and the story and characters are more interesting. You actually have to explore to map out the cities. The tombs are a nice touch. And the hammer weapons are a blast to use.

There's still a lot to improve upon. It loses it's charm deep into the game (I'm a little over 60% done). This game is ultimately Prince of Persia/God of War (combat, acrobatics) + Metal Gear (3rd-person stealth) + GTA (economy, functional cities) but unfortunately it's not nearly as good at each aspect. It has enough unique touches of it's own, new to action games, so I don't feel ripped off. It's worth finishing.

I just want to get through it, so I can return to Dragon Age...which is my pick for game of 2009.
[default homepage] [print][11:43:07am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.01249 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]