New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by |an at 2009-08-10 20:27:10
I have no idea. MA Health Connector, thanks to the new tax laws, requires you to apply for MA Health regardless of your income status. So you gotta go thru shitty gov't run health care to determine if you QUALIFY for cheaper/subsidized care (even if that care is private).

By comparison, last winter was the first time I actually got sick in like 5 years, I don't otherwise EVER go to a doctor, and I was here in Saint Petersburg, RU (living here now for the next few months BTW) and since my gf worked at a clinic, I had doctors come visit IN THE HOME for free and prescribed me meds to buy at a usual store, at fair market prices. All for nothing, no thank you, no bribe.

And don't think I'm a bitch trying to get free care, I actually own a business in Boston and the reason I qualified for subsidized care is because all my gross income for that year went to paying employees and on paper/in real life my own income was far beyond the poverty level. All this to avoid paying $400/month for private care or getting dicked on my taxes. AWESOME!

OTOH the previous time getting sick before that was in Helsinki and there you either get free care for being Finnish or you pay for a private doc, so I paid out of pocket and BCBS did reimburse me, but I had to file and double check (because they "forgot it") on the paperwork twice to get it straight, but they did pay me back for it. So private healthcare at least GETS 'ER DONE.
[default homepage] [print][4:54:15am May 07,2024
load time 0.01473 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]