New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by RustyPS at 2009-06-25 19:50:23
LPCustom said[orig][quote]
C's need to fix their bench over anything as someone said. Unless they plan on not bothering with Rondo next year he should stay. I 100% want Ray Allen as a Celtic for the rest of his career, but from talks I've heard it doesn't sound like it will happen. So if both Rondo and Allen don't have futures in Boston you might as well take the money that they both make (more so Allen) and spend it on some decent bench players in addition to whoever you can get in a decent trade. Like I said though it would be devastating to seem them lose Allen.

Allen's contract expires after this upcoming season, hence them shopping him around. He's valuable now (expiring contracts always make a player more valuable in the NBA), so now is the time to get the most for his value. They could also keep him, let his contract expire, and try to sign one of the 20 or so big name free agents up for next offseason (a list that includes LeBron, D-Wade, Nowitzki, Bosh, etc.)

It is expected that when Rondo's contract is up (which I believe is 2 years from now), he will be looking for a max contract, and having 3 max contract guys on the roster currently (Ray, Pierce, KG), it would be impossible to keep him....that's why they are shopping him right now as well. after the playoffs he had, this is probably the best time to trade him if you're dead set on doing so

also, in the NBA, they have weird trade rules where the worth of the contracts have to be within a certain range between teams in order for the league to accept, so trading a Rondo for players that make much less money is not allowed

Mikki Moore did nothing, Tony Allen seems to be completely past any decent playing career, doubtful Marbury will stay to come off the bench, and Pruitt/Giddens/Walker are not going to provide any help with how little experience they've had. Although Glen Davis was decent in the playoffs he still does a ton of stupid shit and will probably go wherever he will stupidly be offered too much $ (good player but not enough to build a team nor provide too much help like I'm sure someone will think).

fuck Mikki Moore and MOTHERFUCK Tony Allen...every time Tony comes on the floor, I scream at my TV to get him out of the game....

the Cs front office are high on Pruitt, Giddens, and Walker, so considering they probably aren't being paid alot, they're not gonna go anywhere unless they need to use them in a trade to get the contracts to match

Big Baby really showed he can be a very good player in this league, and considering their lack of size after KG and Powe went down, they might want to overpay him a little to keep him...they need all the big men they can get

That pretty much leaves Scal which I'm sure is a take or leave it situation (I do really like him though). Time to do some heavy thinking Danny Ainge - and here's to hoping he doesn't think Mikki Moore (or like last year Patrick O'Bryant) are going to make any significant impact on a Championship team!

Scal is a very solid bench player - smart, shooting range, hustles - he's just VERY overpaid...I'm sure he realizes this and might take much less for his next contract (whenever that is) to stay put

I think if they stand pat and everyone stays healthy, they will become a championship contender again next year....on the same token, they do have some weaknesses to address (bigger bench, backup PG, if they trade Rondo, PG in general)...so yea, there's some moves that they might need to make to be a top team still
[default homepage] [print][9:35:05am Apr 27,2024
load time 0.01668 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]